Krasic, the New Diego (8 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
But my point is that if your best player is either Diego or Krasic, you are fucked.

Now, out of Diego and Krasic, who is better at their respective positions and who should be LESS responsible for our overall success? I would say that Krasic is a better winger than Diego is a trequartista but not only that. I would also say a treq in a 4-2-3-1 is more important than a RM in a 4-4-2. So if we had kept Diego, IMO, we'd have a worse player playing a more important position.
I can't agree with the above - when he was coming to Juve, Diego was a saught after player on the market. He was lighting The Bundesliga and European league on fire, including kicking Milan out of Europe, and had had a very impressive CL campaign a year or so earlier - at that time Diego was entering his prime and was ready to explode at the really big scene for a big team - it was not by chance that he cost Juve 25 mil. He had all the talent he needed to do that and had he had better luck with his choice for that big team, he'd have done it, IMO.

You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking of Diego as a top-name player who just wasn't good enough to cary Juve on his shoulders - he was still a pretty young player, who was still developing and failed at Juve not because he wasn't talented enough but because he didn't find the right environment to develop into a great player - expecting from a young player like Diego of 2 years ago to carry a team like Juve on his shoulders is a bit too much to ask for.

Also let's not forget he was 24 yo, at the time, and Brazilian at that so finding the proper environment to express his talent in the best way possible was of paramount importance ... unfortunately for him, he found a Juve team, which was willing to rebuild but had no idea how.

Krasic on the other hand, while also relatively young, was a pretty unknown and unproven player with little to show for other than success in Russia and a couple of impressive EL games for CSKA M (he had limited role in their EL winning team). That was evident by the little interest in the player from top European clubs wen Juve bought him and also his pricetag of 15 mil. That's not to say that if a player doesn't cost you 30 mil he is garbage but if you don't have to fight off other teams for his signature, chances are, you are getting what you have paid for.

I am not sure what makes you say that Krasic faired better than Diego in their relative positions, but Diego at the time he signed for Juve was a hot, hot commodity on the market and among the very best young playmakers in European football. As for Krasic, well, the fact that Juve was basically the only big-name team even remotely connected to him, says pretty much all.

Did Krasic come to Juve at the right moment and find the right environment? Obviously not, just like Diego, but in my previous post I was merely comparing their talent and ability, and was not knocking Krasic down for not leading this sub-par Juve team to a serie A title or anything.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is my point. Krasic is not looked upon to be as important and influential as Diego. Diego was supposed to be this world class up and comer, next brazilian whatever, blah blah. We paid 25M.

When we signed Krasic, did anyone here expect him to lead us to the title, for 15M? Krasic is a complementary player in a complementary role but since our team is so terrible he is by default our best player. But are we happy he's our best player? No. Were we happy that Diego was our best player? Most of you were. And we failed. Because.... Diego is not good enough to be your best player.

I didn't want to bring this up because there are so many factors when a team struggles but look at him in Wolfsburg. Disobeys the coach and then misses a penalty. That is laughable. They finish 2 points out of relegation and had the 5th worst offensive output.

You said it yourself. No one wanted Krasic except us. So why are we comparing him to Diego?

Krasic is a victim of his own hot start. He was setting the world on fire and then people started to compare him to Nedved when in reality he's just a good winger who was on fire.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
This is my point. Krasic is not looked upon to be as important and influential as Diego. Diego was supposed to be this world class up and comer, next brazilian whatever, blah blah. We paid 25M.

When we signed Krasic, did anyone here expect him to lead us to the title, for 15M? Krasic is a complementary player in a complementary role but since our team is so terrible he is by default our best player. But are we happy he's our best player? No. Were we happy that Diego was our best player? Most of you were. And we failed. Because.... Diego is not good enough to be your best player.

I didn't want to bring this up because there are so many factors when a team struggles but look at him in Wolfsburg. Disobeys the coach and then misses a penalty. That is laughable. They finish 2 points out of relegation and had the 5th worst offensive output.
well, if anyone expected a 24 yo player, who is still developing, to come to a team, which was rebuilding, in a chaotic way at that, and carry them on his shoulders, then it is their fault for having unrealistic expectations - and in that I am refering to management, coach, fans, etc.

Krasic was not a complementary player, he was tauted as the next best thing since sliced bread and was the player was was signed and expected to to make the 4-4-2 system work, the same system for which players like Giovinco, Diego and who knows, maybe even Trez and Camoranesi, were let go. His costing 15 mil had nothing to do with him being a complementary player - on the contrary, the management and the coach couldn't shut their mouths how great he was i.e. he was more like the center piece of their transfer campaign ... unfortunately for them and the fans, he was never talented enough to even eventually develop into the player they thought they had just bought.

Wolfsburg barely escaping relagation, 2 years after winning the Bundesliga, should be a sign enough that the real reasons behind that had little to do with Diego being there ... even less so does it have to with Juve mishandling his talent.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This fucking thread would be non-existent if we had kept Gio on the left.

Diego was a waste IMO. Good riddens to bad rubbish.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Get rid of him for 4 million euros, nothing more. The cycle of hiring shitty coaches and purging decent players must continue.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Krasic sucks in 2011. Buffon sucks in 2011. Chiellini sucks in 2011. Del Piero sucks in 2011. Bonucci sucks in 2011. Excuse them, it's a bad year.

Marchisio sucks in 2011. He's just a lame player.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Krasic sucks in 2011. Buffon sucks in 2011. Chiellini sucks in 2011. Del Piero sucks in 2011. Bonucci sucks in 2011. Excuse them, it's a bad year.

Marchisio sucks in 2011. He's just a lame player.
Marchisio is not a lame player. The same excuse is used for all of them and we have seen all of the ones you mentioned shine under a better team.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I liked Diego, it's a shame that we sold him especially for that price... You can't expect a player to be great when you build a team around him with shitty players.

And I think it's the same with Krasic, get decent FBs, feed him with balls so he can feed the strikers.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
So your point is or isn't that Marchisio is a lame player?
Is not, Cam. He gets blamed for being "invisible" when playing out on the left and getting one game in 5 in the centre in a season where even Buffon looks bad. They get excused because of the horrible season the whole team's having, but Marchisio gets flamed only less than Motta, Grosso,, Barzagli, Iaquinta and Amauri.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Well observed and said, Andy. The only real way we're ever going to get the best out of our most talented players is to slowly accumulate them season by season. The management is right when they say we should have patience but the truth of the matter is that we are going no where fast by selling our talent without giving them a chance to grow in suitable environment. Give them that chance and we will have a base of solid players - Diego, Melo, Krasic, Chiellini and Buffon plus any classy buys this summer would have put us in good stead for 11/12 season. Now we're faced with the prospect of selling Melo as well? What a pointless transfer! Diego's contribution to our team last season was enormous. Unfortunately he didn't get us results but that came down to the lack of support he was getting with no wingers to speak of whatsoever. He brought the ball forward and distributed it beautifully pretty much dictating every attack. He would have combined well with Krasic and they would have taken some of the heat off each other.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I remember a lot of people were conned into believing that Diego was the major problem from last season. People said we built the team around Diego, he failed, and that's why we had such a horrendous season. When he was sold, people were happy. Now here we are once again, another deplorable season has ended, and our top player has been anything but inspiring. To me, Krasic has done less than Diego with regards to their Winter and Spring sessions at the club.

So my question is, where are all those that said Diego was a disaster and that he deserved to be sold? Does Krasic deserve to be sold as well? A lot of the same people claimed Krasic was the better player, but in no way has he had a better second half to the season than Diego after the New Year. Milos has been a disaster.

And for those that claim the system isn't centered around Krasic like it was with Diego -- sorry, incorrect. Our main attacking outlet is Krasic, just like it was with Diego, and we field the 4-4-2 because DelNeri adores it. Who did we purchase to make that system happen? Milos Krasic. He was bought for the system and we base our midfield play primarily through him, especially when Marchisio was used out left. So whaddaya say now? Sell Krasic as well? I want objective opinions on this... based on your same reasoning for selling Diego. No hypocrisy, please.

Full disclosure -- in no way do I want to sell Krasic. He's a talented player and it would be moronic to let him go, just like it was with Diego.
Are you on drugs? Most members were spewing at Diego's sale -

Krasic and Diego are a similar stories - they were hailed as big buys, had great starts and eventually failed. People seem to forget than many players have a bad first season with their new club - Nedved had an ordinary first season with us.

Diego should have never been sold, he was the perfect replacement for DP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)