Krasic, the New Diego (12 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whats his total this year? 7 goals 7 assists or something? That's pretty decent for a wide midfielder.
Yes, true, but you and me both have seen Krasic for the last 5 months, shit team and his ways has become predictable, hence his output has been rather poor in that period of time. And for example, just to clarify, Diego had a better league season then Snejder last season, but one was the big escapegoated flop, while the other was a hugely hyped success story, the difference? CL performance and that mainly one of them played for the best team in Europe, while the other played with bunch of clowns.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    Same thing can be said about any individual you use as scapegoat. Yet you do it anyway.
    I don't use any individual as a scapegoat. Most of the blame lies on those in charge, though.

You hate Diego because he was sold. period. That's childish, Jack.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I don't use any individual as a scapegoat. Most of the blame lies on those in charge, though.

You hate Diego because he was sold. period. That's childish, Jack.
    :lol2:

I don't hate Diego, he hasn't hurt me in any way and there is no reason for me to hate him at all. I told you my opinion, he sucked and so did Krasic. End of. If you see it otherwise, then it's your own fucking problem and that's what is actually childish.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    IMO, Krasic could never be a new Diego - unlike Krasic, Diego actually has a real talent, which was unfortunately grossly mishandled by Juve. Diego had the misfortune to come to Juve during a tough period for the club, and Diego like many artistic Brazilian players are pretty moody and their performance heavily depends on the environment in which they are in - they need to feel the love of the fans and those around them to perform at their best, very much like Robinho and his mishaps at Real and Man City. This is an Achilis heel for Brazilian playmakers but if you wanna get the best out of their talent, you have to find a way to deal with it.

Krasic on the other hand has a talent for one thing in particular and that is to run into the empty space in front of him, if there is any, and then cross or lose the ball or fall for a foul, preferably in the PA. If there is no room in front of him, Krasic looks at loss what to do with the ball and usually either loses it or gives a safe pass backwards.
    He would have been well suited for the Premier League 10-15 years ago ... I am not sure he would fare well there now given how even they have evolved their game with all those foreign players and coaches.

The way I see it, Juve cannot lose should they sell Krasic, if there was a mistake they made, it was when they got rid of Diego so quickly.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    The problem with Diego is he's a trequartista. When you have to change your team to a 4-2-3-1 or something, then that player better be fucking amazing. Diego's just not good enough for a team to win with him in that position unless the rest of the team is made of all-stars.

Krasic is just a winger. He's not the focal point of our team (we have no focal point or direction period). Where does Krasic rank amongst wingers in Europe in comparison to Diego amongst trequartistas? I'd wager much higher.

Let's be clear though. Diego never had much support. I'm not judging based on his performance here. But you can surely tell that he's not good enough to be an offensive centerpiece on a great team, so there was no point in exploring him any further.

He doesn't suck. He's an average player or better. But do you want those players as your "champions"? You need better in those areas of the pitch.

And also, Diego was one of the least responsible for our poor performance.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    Krasic is just a winger. He's not the focal point of our team (we have no focal point or direction period). Where does Krasic rank amongst wingers in Europe in comparison to Diego amongst trequartistas? I'd wager much higher.
    That's entirely incorrect. I'm not sure if you have watched the matches or not, but Krasic is our main attacking threat. That's what happens in the 4-4-2 system, the wingers are the main threats. All of our attacks, especially when Marchisio was out left, originated from the right side with Krasic. The midfield would always look for him out wide because he'd be the only option apart from the stagnant strikers.

Just because he isn't in the center doesn't mean he's not the focal point of the attack. He is, and that's why he gets shut down.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    First of all, the 4-4-2 is supposed to use the wings (plural) and that is supposed to include the fullbacks as well. We were using 1/4th of the required players to play this formation. Then you add in the strikers. Krasic is our main option by default but are you saying the RM in a 4-4-2 is the same thing as a trequartista in a 4-2-3-1?

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
    That's entirely incorrect. I'm not sure if you have watched the matches or not, but Krasic is our main attacking threat. That's what happens in the 4-4-2 system, the wingers are the main threats. All of our attacks, especially when Marchisio was out left, originated from the right side with Krasic. The midfield would always look for him out wide because he'd be the only option apart from the stagnant strikers.

Just because he isn't in the center doesn't mean he's not the focal point of the attack. He is, and that's why he gets shut down.
    Agree. Krasic who has been a flop in the second half of the season, is our main and only attacking threat in our whole friggin midfield, says all you need to know, and part of the reason why our season turned out to be garbage:tup:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    First of all, the 4-4-2 is supposed to use the wings (plural) and that is supposed to include the fullbacks as well. We were using 1/4th of the required players to play this formation. Then you add in the strikers. Krasic is our main option by default but are you saying the RM in a 4-4-2 is the same thing as a trequartista in a 4-2-3-1?
    Yes, because he's the best player. It all depends on where your best player is located. Your theory is debunked by looking at Roma under Spalletti. Perrotta played in the "trequartista" position behind Totti, but he wasn't the main player in attack, Totti was.

Look at Real. Ozil plays as the treq but Ronaldo outside is the main player.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The 4-2-3-1 shouldn't have been dropped, and Juventus should have built on it.
    Maybe it was only a coincidence, but all went to hell the moment Ciro dropped it.

We did lack fullbacks for that formation, but in the last 5-10 years I don't remember us playing better and more exciting football than in those matches where we played 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco, Diego and Camo behind a striker.
    We had to build on that, but Ciro chickened out when Del Piero came back from the injury and after that we know what happened. That was the infamous match away to Bordeaux. The very moment when our free fall started.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    Maybe it was only a coincidence, but all went to hell the moment Ciro dropped it.

We did lack fullbacks for that formation, but in the last 5-10 years I don't remember us playing better and more exciting football than in those matches where we played 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco, Diego and Camo behind a striker.
    We had to build on that, but Ciro chickened out when Del Piero came back from the injury and after that we know what happened. That was the infamous match away to Bordeaux. The very moment when our free fall started.
    Pretty much. It obvious to everyone here the 4-2-3-1 was the way to go, regardless of fullbacks. Ciro really screwed up there.

Mar 10, 2009
    @ Alen

I agree with you completely

I really think Del Piero needs to go... YES I SAID IT!!!!!!!!!

as for Krasic? meh not to impressed, when they both peaked for Juve I preferred Diego. Infact I wouldnt mind putting in a sneaky bid to get him back

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    Yes, because he's the best player. It all depends on where your best player is located. Your theory is debunked by looking at Roma under Spalletti. Perrotta played in the "trequartista" position behind Totti, but he wasn't the main player in attack, Totti was.

Look at Real. Ozil plays as the treq but Ronaldo outside is the main player.
    But my point is that if your best player is either Diego or Krasic, you are fucked.

Now, out of Diego and Krasic, who is better at their respective positions and who should be LESS responsible for our overall success? I would say that Krasic is a better winger than Diego is a trequartista but not only that. I would also say a treq in a 4-2-3-1 is more important than a RM in a 4-4-2. So if we had kept Diego, IMO, we'd have a worse player playing a more important position.

It's like in hockey. Would you want your #1 center to be a guy like Derek Roy? Probably not. But once you have him there, you sink or swim with him there and you will most likely sink.

Now, if you put Ronaldo on his wing, you'll be ok lol.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    @ Alen

I agree with you completely

I really think Del Piero needs to go... YES I SAID IT!!!!!!!!!

as for Krasic? meh not to impressed, when they both peaked for Juve I preferred Diego. Infact I wouldnt mind putting in a sneaky bid to get him back
    Right now Del Piero isn't a problem at all.
    I shared your opinion last season and during the summer, where his presence prevented us from fielding a 4-2-3-1 formation, but in our current condition he's literally the least of our problems. Some 15 Juve players need to go before Del Piero.

Mar 10, 2009
    ^^
    well I think he's politically affecting our team, i'm not saying he is "the" problem, but the fact that were willing to let him go certainly affects on our team. The main problem is the clown who buys the players. Wha bugs me about Juve, isn't that we buy players who may be classified as "risky" we buy already proven average players

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #58
    But my point is that if your best player is either Diego or Krasic, you are fucked.

Now, out of Diego and Krasic, who is better at their respective positions and who should be LESS responsible for our overall success? I would say that Krasic is a better winger than Diego is a trequartista but not only that. I would also say a treq in a 4-2-3-1 is more important than a RM in a 4-4-2. So if we had kept Diego, IMO, we'd have a worse player playing a more important position.
    I'm sorry, but that's just a silly way to look at things. There are all sorts of teams who have wingers that are more important than the trequartista behind the striker. It doesn't matter who's better at their respective position compared to other players.

Diego is a more talented player than Krasic from a skill perspective, so you got that one wrong as well.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    I'm sorry, but that's just a silly way to look at things. There are all sorts of teams who have wingers that are more important than the trequartista behind the striker. It doesn't matter who's better at their respective position compared to other players.

Diego is a more talented player than Krasic from a skill perspective, so you got that one wrong as well.
    Yes. Diego would work at trequartista if we had Ronaldo. You got me there. I don't even think you understand what I'm saying.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    Yes. Diego would work at trequartista if we had Ronaldo. You got me there. I don't even think you understand what I'm saying.
    I understand what you're saying. You think the trequartista position is more important than the RM slot. But the only thing that matters is what sort of players you have in each position, that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)