Krasic, the New Diego (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Most of the hate directed towards Diego came after we sold him. Don't worry, if we sell Krasic he'll be hated too.

But I lost too many nerves when we sold Diego and lots of harsh words were said, so I choose not to even think about that stupidity Marotta did. With Diego, Giovinco and 4-2-3-1 we might have had the same season we had, but there was gonna be more potential in the team for the next season and it was gonna be easier to create a very good team because we were only gonna need to fix the defense and add a striker (if we kept Diego and Seba, Amauri was gonna be our main striker).
Indeed, mainly Diego stuff is after we sold. Too many in this forum, or fans in general, have the mentality to justify the current reality of the club no matter what, Diego is sold, so you convince yourself it was for good/improvement and hat he was bad period (ignore obvious circusmtances etc, some disliked him period, but that was another thing), you sign shit coaches, you convince yourself to be optimistic and its better then previous or surely he will do well enough etc. Generally being apologists in mindset. If Krasic is sold, same will be said, in fact I expect the same things to be said about Melo when we sell him this summer prolly, some exaggerated change in opinion of him to the negative etc.

And yeah, the issue of this all is simple, one good player cant do fuck all in a sea of mediocrity, he drowns, Krasic has drowned more then Diego did in 2nd half of the season, while Krasic was more vital then Diego at first part of the season. What they needed was to play with eacother or other good players, not be predictable and nullified too easily because they are the only ones expected to do anything.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    But Osman, nobody, and I mean nobody, is blaming Krasic for anything right now. But last season a ton of people blamed Diego for our poor season. I can't believe you don't remember us arguing constantly to give Diego another chance.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    But Osman, nobody, and I mean nobody, is blaming Krasic for anything right now. But last season a ton of people blamed Diego for our poor season. I can't believe you don't remember us arguing constantly to give Diego another chance.
    Maybe because the hype around Krasic before arriving here is 38 times less than the hype around Diego was before arriving to the club? Have you considered this factor?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Maybe because the hype around Krasic before arriving here is 38 times less than the hype around Diego was before arriving to the club? Have you considered this factor?
    That and there was talk of the scudetto that season, 4th place this season.

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
    Andy

I ain't a hypocrite, don't write one day he is the new Nedved:D, the next average:D TBH i wouldn't mind if Krasic was sold for 15-18million. Because i know he isn't anything special. Would cash on him and Melo and bring in quality:tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yeah I know, but as Kyle said, Diego was expected to become the saviour, alot of people had that hyped exaggerated mindset with him, and was too simplistic in scapegoating the failure of the club on him alone (plus didnt help his role was in such a way that litterally team was relied on him). Krasic was more of unknown factor when he came, plus the Diego debacle I assume taught alot of peeps to not have exaggerated expectations on one individual alone.

Not only for Diego/Krasic, but our expectations were much higher/delusional then in general for the team. In bit of a fantasy land with appointing Ciro, signing Melo, Diego and so on after a good previous season. The fall was much higher, then this seasons, which is just the continuation of last seasons fuck up, meaning little to no real expectations prior to this season, just that elusive CL spot.

Aug 2, 2005
    now we are used to be mediocre, not saying that Krasic is mediocre
    08/09 we finished 2nd,
    09/10 7th, mediocre
    10/11 7th mediocre

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    There was also a lot of hype surrounding Krasic as well. Not as much, but it's still there.

That's not a reason to use Diego as scapegoat. It's childish.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    There was also a lot of hype surrounding Krasic as well. Not as much, but it's still there.

That's not a reason to use Diego as scapegoat. It's childish.
    Same thing can be said about any individual you use as scapegoat. Yet you do it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)