Klaas Jan Huntelaar (9 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
Zidane in bad form is still better than most and you named mostly defenders that play in serie A. Off the top of your head 5 of the 10 were defenders and a Keeper. And the others you named were all time greats. Zidane his game off form is better than most on their best game. Del Piero too. Figo Eoropean player of the year dominated everywhere he went of course he isnt gonna be terrible now but there is no way if you watch a game of these players when they were in their prime and now that its compareable. And Cafu doesnt even start now and really hasnt been good in a couple of years. Why do you think that the old players quit the NT??? Its because there bodies are old and cant take that much commitment and look at what age it usually happens. From 30-32. So to say that players over 30 dont drop off is the most retarded thing I have heard in a while.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Zidane in bad form is still better than most and you named mostly defenders that play in serie A. Off the top of your head 5 of the 10 were defenders and a Keeper. And the others you named were all time greats. Zidane his game off form is better than most on their best game. Del Piero too. Figo Eoropean player of the year dominated everywhere he went of course he isnt gonna be terrible now but there is no way if you watch a game of these players when they were in their prime and now that its compareable. And Cafu doesnt even start now and really hasnt been good in a couple of years. Why do you think that the old players quit the NT??? Its because there bodies are old and cant take that much commitment and look at what age it usually happens. From 30-32. So to say that players over 30 dont drop off is the most retarded thing I have heard in a while.
thank you

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
If Hunter has another so called "Average" year this year, then his value should decrease. And if the goals dont start coming, then he mite need him this year. But I definetly wanna see Hunter in a Juve jersey next season.

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
The German site 4-4-2.com throws again the hypothesis of a interest of the Juventus for Klaas Huntelaar, bomber of the Ajax author of a quaterna in the 8-1 who has marked the debut in championship of the lancers against the De Graafschap. The bianconeri had already dealt the forward to june, assuming the departure of David Trezeguet. Then the operation has run aground; but hour the Turinese society would be returned of new on the player, in sight of the sure departure of Zalayeta and the possible goodbye of Palladino. If, however, to Huntelaar june it cost around to 18 million euro, hour will not leave less in order than 20 million, and its price is destined to go up every week more.

source:tuttomercatoweb
Come on Secco make this happen:weee:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
They can. However, even if they're similar, Trez as the only out and out hitman in our first season back in the Serie A is a scary proposition. We need backup and Huntelaar should be hired just for the way his name sounds.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Schuster/quiere/gol/pide/dasftb/20070821dasdaiftb_27/Tes/

According to this article, Real would be chasing Huntelaar also, Schuster wants a new attacker and one out of 3 possible names is Huntelaar, the other two are Ibrahimovic and Diego Milito.
Why does Real want another striker?

They already have Raul, Van Nisterlooy, Saviola, Baptista on the books. Let us not forget Robinho is really a center-forward that is being forced to play on the wings. I saw Baptista playing couple of times in this summer, and he looked razor sharp. If given chance, I think he will bang in fair sum of goals.

On aging players, well I agree with Ahmed.

Yes, players don't improve but class is always permanent. Players like Del Piero, Cafu, Figo, Zizou just dont forget how to play this game, overnight. They do deterioate but given the standard they already at, they are still better 99% of players out there. Seriously, who in right fame of mind would rather start "young" Djibril Cisse, instead of "old" David Trezeguet. In Super-Coppa Italia, Figo comes on and instantly changes the complexion of the game with wonderful vision, and skill. Of course, I want young players in the team, because they bring enthusiasm, and hunger which old playes rarely have. Furthermore, young players represent valuable FINANCIAL investment. When teams buy and sell players, they are not done for strictly winning purposes. Trezeguet probably reached a point of career where we won't get a fair value on his services by selling him. If we had to sell him, it was last year, and we kept him. There is simply no way you are going to replace David's quality with similar sum, considering likes of Darren Bent (who I havent really heard of until this year) gets something like 23-25m Euros.

On Hunter and Trez, I think they can play together. I am not Hunter expert, but quick glance suggests he has deceptively good touch, and decent speed. It wont be pretty to watch, but in the league against inferior opposition they will score a lot of goals, which is what you need if you want to come out on top.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Why does Real want another striker?

They already have Raul, Van Nisterlooy, Saviola, Baptista on the books. Let us not forget Robinho is really a center-forward that is being forced to play on the wings. I saw Baptista playing couple of times in this summer, and he looked razor sharp. If given chance, I think he will bang in fair sum of goals.
Raul can't score anymore, even if the goal is empty, Baptista, Saviola and Robinho didn't convinve Schuster they will score many goals so that is why he wants another stirker.

x-japan

Dec 31, 2006
-If this had been said before we bought Iaquinta, it would have happened. But now i dont think it's possible. We've already had Alex, Iaquinta, Trez, Palladino, that's enough for 2 positions and I dont want to sacrify Palladino for Huntelaar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)