Kevin Kuranyi - Schalke 04 - ST (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I am with you, on the liklihood of this move meaning that Trez is on his way out...it will be no surprise. BUT...bearing in mind, that Kevin is almost an exact replica of Amauri, does it not make any sense at all to suggest that Amauri is on his way OUT???[/QUOTE]

I read this, as he means Treze instead Amauri. Is that what he means? In that case, I still think he is calling Amauri prolific.

Why would we acquire Amauri twin brohter and sell Treze. It has to be Amauri, who is on his way out. No real money in letting Treze go. He might go but not in part of a transfer like this.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Dunno, but we would be paying ~3mln for his wages which would be idiotic.
Indeed it would, but I would rather have a 'free' Kuranyi more so than a 20 million Pazzini. Our strike force does not need money being spent on. We need to sign wide players Ribery etc. I would rather bid 25-30 million for Ribery than Pazzini.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Indeed it would, but I would rather have a 'free' Kuranyi more so than a 20 million Pazzini. Our strike force does not need money being spent on. We need to sign wide players Ribery etc. I would rather bid 25-30 million for Ribery than Pazzini.
Yeah, I wouldn't be too upset about this. If he comes and one of our strikers leaves, it wouldn't make too much of a difference to the team. We might actually get extra money to spend on defence.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, I wouldn't be too upset about this. If he comes and one of our strikers leaves, it wouldn't make too much of a difference to the team. We might actually get extra money to spend on defence.
We have enough old players, let's not turn into old Milan. But Pazzini is a no anyhow.
28 is old? Drogba is 32 yet any top club would want to have him. Age is nothing aslong as you can still be effective. Whats Trezeguet on a year? I bet thats not short of 3 million or even more.

Kuranyi
Ribery
Mexes/Bonucci
Motta

Would be a good transfer period in my opinion.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
That's the only thing that makes sense with this transfer.

Does anyone who follows Bundesliga closely know about his injury record?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ribery's not gonna happen though, because then we'd need at least one more winger, if we're gonna rely on Camoranesi(which I hope we don't) and Giovinco. We need a LB too.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
28 is old? Drogba is 32 yet any top club would want to have him. Age is nothing aslong as you can still be effective. Whats Trezeguet on a year? I bet thats not short of 3 million or even more.
Individually, it's not a lot. But I don't see the point of that move if he's supposed to be a bench player. Look at our players,

Del Piero 35
Iaquinta 30
Amauri 29-30
Trezeguet 32?

And now a 28yo over payed bench striker. Thanks but no thanks.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Ribery's not gonna happen though, because then we'd need at least one more winger, if we're gonna rely on Camoranesi(which I hope we don't) and Giovinco. We need a LB too.
Martin Petrov on a free from Manchester City would be tidy cover in my opinion, not the quickest Winger in the world but he sure can put a cross in.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Individually, it's not a lot. But I don't see the point of that move if he's supposed to be a bench player. Look at our players,

Del Piero 35
Iaquinta 30- I would try to get money this summer.
Amauri 29-30
Trezeguet 32? Lets say he goes.

And now a 28yo over payed bench striker. Thanks but no thanks.
I'm afraid I think we'll go for Pazzini aswell.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
A 4-2-3-1 with Ribery and Diego would be great. But the right side still looks unreliable with Camo and Petrov. Ahhh, it would be great if Iago was an established star by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)