Kenan Yıldız (3 Viewers)

OP
DanielSz

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
  • Thread Starter #41
    I don’t know which theory is funnier: promising Yildiz to be promoted to fucking NEXT GEN, or not actually going through with it after it was allegedly promised. I know management isn’t the smartest but this idea that they’re willing to piss off a talent like Yildiz and NOT promote him to next gen is so ridiculous. That squad doesn’t have one reliable striker, so why would Juve risk losing a talent like that over something so dumb? Glad Di Natale cleared that bs up. I’m confident he’ll be promoted soon anyway making all this moot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    He is getting promoted for the NXT Gen game on Thursday.

And is he even a striker? Isn't an AM?

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    Yildiz: Why is Juve rigid?
    By Giovanni Albanese

Bringing the youngsters to the next category is an objective of Juventus. Its a success for the entire structure when it happens. About Yildiz however it’s important to make some points clear. From Germany some rumours leaked about the player being less happy (even if in Vinovo this is not visible): according to these rumours he would be disappointed because he hasn’t been promoted to the Next Gen team yet.
    Comparing him with other youngsters of his age recently promoted could be dangerous and misleading. Everyone has his own path, own steps to respect.
    Promotions arrive trough merits on the field and especially the right opportunity needs to arrive at the right time. Kenan in these days is training with the Next Gen team and will be at disposa of Brambilla for the game against Pro Vercelli but that’s just because of the moment. Caused by the emergency of the first team. A bit the same situation as it already happened in December when Kenan made his debut in Serie C against Virtus Verona.

There is only one promise for who decides to wear the Bianconeri and respects the rules: the opportunity will arrive for everyone, at the right moment and at the level of own ambition.

Stirring up some dust is useless (creating chaos), it distracts above all the kid that in these months showed his talent. The stress and will of burning the steps is harmful and destructive.

Someone took a news from someone who works seriously and blew it up making it bigger than what it is with some copy/paste, translations, own interpretations that are far from reality.

The topic exists, it just needs to be handled cautiously and with professionalism.

To remain on the topic:
    Sharing opinions making them looking as news, reporting virtual sources that after verification are not confirmed by reality, is the first serious damage we can do to a young talent in his journey of growth

Jul 2, 2006
    good luck with the promises while the special one in charge. iling jr. is 2 years older and he doesnt get any minutes. seeing wanner, ibrahimovic and tel already getting minutes with bayern while dealing with the mister and his bullshit 3-6-1-0 against bottom team at home must be quite disheartening.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    good luck with the promises while the special one in charge. iling jr. is 2 years older and he doesnt get any minutes. seeing wanner, ibrahimovic and tel already getting minutes with bayern while dealing with the mister and his bullshit 3-6-1-0 against bottom team at home must be quite disheartening.
    Game in which we played Miretti, Fagioli, Soule and Barrenechea seems the wrong one to bring up if you want to criticize Allegri.

And Iling was injured iirc.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

We are giving way more minutes to young/youth players than Bayern this season. There squad is way more stacked ofcourse (just see who they subbed in vs psg ), but still nonsensical thing to say.

Tel despite his young age isnt even a youth player, but an expensive first team player. He hasn't played that much yet. Only 1 start this season.

For once in your life make some sense.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    I hammered on about this at the start of the season and with the way things have played out I kind of see its uses, but honestly I still don't think the Next Gen team helps us as much as we think.

I get that it's good for younger players to get competitive game minutes against adult opposition, and probably just like in Serie A all the teams in Serie C play out of their skins because it's not only Juve but they probably see the players as pampered princes who at ten years younger earn more than they ever have. I also get that it's good for potential first-team players to stay at Juventus rather than go on loans, so that if/when they become 1st team starters that they will count as homegrown. Furthermore one of the most successful squads in recent decades was made up to a significant degree by academy graduates: Barcelona in the 2010s. Any way we can work towards nurturing our own talents is something to support for sure.

However, I just feel that if a player is already too old for the primavera and isn't yet good enough for the first team then we either loan him to see how he does in Serie A. Even if he still comes up short we sell hopefully for a profit or just release. To hold onto players until they are as old as 23 in case they become good enough, and slowing massaging them into the squad across several seasons is a demonstration of the attitude which I think we all know stinks. The one about upholding 'experience' to a point of fault and not wanting to risk playing young players in case they fuck up (and then keeping Bonucci and the rest of the bombscares at the team)

The worst part is that some of these 19/20/21 year olds that we have right now look good enough to be rotated into the squad. Why did we spend cash money on Paredes when we had somebody all along who plays like the best version of Paredes, even looks like him and in his little game time looks like he's keen to prove himself, and looks unfazed by the prospect of playing first team for Juventus? Why will we (we absolutely will btw) hang onto Kean for the next 2/3 years while we have this Yildiz kid, who won't cost us nearly 30m just in transfer fees? Soule and Iling Junior do not look good enough to play for us, and actually keeping them playing for the Next Gen I think is not the right approach, we should be giving them much more first team game time to see where they are at. If the reason is that, at 19 they don't look close, they probably aren't gonna make it.

I dunno, I'm probably just a troglodyte who doesn't get it. I just think it's ludicrous to maintain a 'youth' team which includes players at age 23. That's not a youth team, that's players we want to believe may be good enough for us but probably won't be. If they were, they'd be forcing their way in.

Is it a coaching problem with not implementing it correctly? Is the idea good but Allegri doesn't get it? Ideally would the coach be doing the rotational introduction I'm talking about? Is it that we have such a large volume of talent coming through we need the Next Gen as overflow until we figure out who is going to make the cut and who not, and we figure 23 is enough time to decide? If somebody can be bothered explaining it to me all over again I'd be much obliged.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    I hammered on about this at the start of the season and with the way things have played out I kind of see its uses, but honestly I still don't think the Next Gen team helps us as much as we think.

I get that it's good for younger players to get competitive game minutes against adult opposition, and probably just like in Serie A all the teams in Serie C play out of their skins because it's not only Juve but they probably see the players as pampered princes who at ten years younger earn more than they ever have. I also get that it's good for potential first-team players to stay at Juventus rather than go on loans, so that if/when they become 1st team starters that they will count as homegrown. Furthermore one of the most successful squads in recent decades was made up to a significant degree by academy graduates: Barcelona in the 2010s. Any way we can work towards nurturing our own talents is something to support for sure.

However, I just feel that if a player is already too old for the primavera and isn't yet good enough for the first team then we either loan him to see how he does in Serie A. Even if he still comes up short we sell hopefully for a profit or just release. To hold onto players until they are as old as 23 in case they become good enough, and slowing massaging them into the squad across several seasons is a demonstration of the attitude which I think we all know stinks. The one about upholding 'experience' to a point of fault and not wanting to risk playing young players in case they fuck up (and then keeping Bonucci and the rest of the bombscares at the team)

The worst part is that some of these 19/20/21 year olds that we have right now look good enough to be rotated into the squad. Why did we spend cash money on Paredes when we had somebody all along who plays like the best version of Paredes, even looks like him and in his little game time looks like he's keen to prove himself, and looks unfazed by the prospect of playing first team for Juventus? Why will we (we absolutely will btw) hang onto Kean for the next 2/3 years while we have this Yildiz kid, who won't cost us nearly 30m just in transfer fees? Soule and Iling Junior do not look good enough to play for us, and actually keeping them playing for the Next Gen I think is not the right approach, we should be giving them much more first team game time to see where they are at. If the reason is that, at 19 they don't look close, they probably aren't gonna make it.

I dunno, I'm probably just a troglodyte who doesn't get it. I just think it's ludicrous to maintain a 'youth' team which includes players at age 23. That's not a youth team, that's players we want to believe may be good enough for us but probably won't be. If they were, they'd be forcing their way in.

Is it a coaching problem with not implementing it correctly? Is the idea good but Allegri doesn't get it? Ideally would the coach be doing the rotational introduction I'm talking about? Is it that we have such a large volume of talent coming through we need the Next Gen as overflow until we figure out who is going to make the cut and who not, and we figure 23 is enough time to decide? If somebody can be bothered explaining it to me all over again I'd be much obliged.
    Sound reasoning. I prefer having them here a year or two, unless competition is too great. If we have a coach that instills a certain philosophy then the NG can be molded in that direction too. Making the step up smoother (kind of like Barca). I also want us to have smaller teams for the first team (absolute maximum of 23 players including three GKs), so over a season NG players will have to step in occasionally when players in the first team are injured or suspended. So, while their mainstay is NG, they'll get minutes and experience from first team every now and then. While it may not be much, it's not negligible.

I've wanted this since I was a kid and started rooting for Juve. I remember when players like Maresca came and I hoped he would be our next youth player to step up (I didn't know he wasn't born and bred Juventino). Anyway, I can see no other path than this direction if we want to have any chances to remain competitive in Europe. As you note, we've been terrible in developing older players (they all regress), we sell cheaply (if we receive anything at all) and we buy bricks with diamonds. That might change but I'm doubtful. Pogba was a fluke compared to all other signings, and then we went with diamonds to get him back... So we need NG to afford buying bricks. Or. We need NG to actually get decent players.

The dream would be to have NG as the omelette and 10 players/signings as the spices for the omelette. If we produce one NG that is spicy then I may just cry like a baby until he retires.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015

Juve would clearly never bring in this Paredes with a 7m per year salary to only use him for rotation, it’s just that so far he flopped miserably here, and even more questionable is how Allegri and whoever else at the club actually asked(even probably insisted) for him and likely thought of him as a nailed on starter for us moving forward despite Paredes himself being mediocre(and at most a decent rotational player in top teams) pretty much throughout his career aside from a very select few odd good games with Argentina and PSG lol

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the next gen project, i think it’s primary purpose is to supply mostly rotational players for the first team as well as potentially being a main cash cow for our finances and plusvalenze, overall i think it’s doing surprisingly well thus far tbh, if even one or two prospects end up staying and playing long term with the first team every couple of years we can already call it a day, but i think the potential is even greater, we’ll see.

OP
    DanielSz

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
  • Thread Starter #57
    Juve would clearly never bring in this Paredes with a 7m per year salary to only use him for rotation, it’s just that so far he flopped miserably here, and even more questionable is how Allegri and whoever else at the club actually asked(even probably insisted) for him and likely thought of him as a nailed on starter for us moving forward despite Paredes himself being mediocre(and at most a decent rotational player in top teams) pretty much throughout his career aside from a very select few odd good games with Argentina and PSG lol
    Paredes was specifically an Allegri request no? At least thats what was reported. But it makes sense as he fits the style mister likes, in theory. Sad that almost everyone on a message board knew it was a waste of time with Rovella around.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    Paredes was specifically an Allegri request no? At least thats what was reported. But it makes sense as he fits the style mister likes, in theory. Sad that almost everyone on a message board knew it was a waste of time with Rovella around.
    I believe it was Allegri’s personal request, and i am not questioning the fact that Paredes might fit his overall philosophy and especially the formation that he had in mind before the season started, but most importantly is how can you offer such a high salary to someone who never proved or showed anything over what a player with max 3m/year salary ever did, even more so in a case in which the club’s finances is not sustainable due to already having multiple mediocre overpaid players stacked over more mediocre overpaid players…

Nevermind the fact we already had a younger, better and more determined player(Rovella) in our ranks prepared to fight for his spot which would have also probably enabled us to invest the money wasted on Paredes towards a fullback or another winger to properly strengthen the squad.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess not all bets work out, but frankly speaking this Paredes one was something that literally everyone could see coming from miles ahead.

Last edited:
    OP
    DanielSz

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
  • Thread Starter #59
    I believe it was Allegri’s personal request, and i am not questioning the fact that Paredes might fit his overall philosophy and especially the formation that he had in mind before the season started, but most importantly is how can you offer such a high salary to someone who never proved or showed anything over what a player with max 3m/year salary ever did, even more so in a case in which the club’s finances is not sustainable due to already having multiple mediocre overpaid players stacked over more mediocre overpaid players…

Nevermind the fact we already had a younger, better and more determined player(Rovella) in our ranks prepared to fight for his spot which would have also probably enabled us to invest the money wasted on Paredes towards a fullback or another winger to properly strengthen the squad.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess not all bets work out, but frankly speaking this Paredes one was something that literally everyone could see coming from miles ahead.
    Paredes has been absolute shit, no getting around that, but he actually made PSG better and was a good player for them. But then again so was Kean. Still, he didnt get a role for Argentina for no reason. Honestly I just think he quit on Juve. But yes we should’ve never brought him here to begin with. Dumb move thanks Max.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    Paredes has been absolute shit, no getting around that, but he actually made PSG better and was a good player for them. But then again so was Kean. Still, he didnt get a role for Argentina for no reason. Honestly I just think he quit on Juve. But yes we should’ve never brought him here to begin with. Dumb move thanks Max.
    Maybe you watched him more than i did, don’t want to spend too much time debating on him, however the times that i’ve actually seen him play he seemed nothing special, more of a defensive midfielder than an actual regista(which is what Max was likely regarding him as), a decent midfielder overall on his day(those days are quite rare tho) but an absolute mediocre choice for a nailed on started in any top teams with UCL ambitions, also in teams like Argentina and PSG he served mainly as a decent 3rd wheel in a functioning team with more than just a few world class players around him, but Juve both before and after last summer were nowhere near that type of team which makes it even the more baffling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)