Keita Baldé Diao - LW/SS - Lazio (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
Was reading that and realized he picked up the Tuz lexicon quickly :lol:
Picked it up? Of course I know it, I read every day! Nature of a lurker, you don't see us but we see you!

:D

I don't even judge the guy on just his goals -- though he did very well in that regard. I don't see him as a one trick pony -- he played for the team, and consistently did what Max asked of him. He also slotted into the dressing room seamlessly. I think he's been a very good, team-oriented addition, who produced quite well in his first season at the club, and had a very significant role in an historic season for Juventus.

A few folks just can't get over his transfer fee, and love to badmouth our top scorer for some reason. Not sure they realize it's a team game, and that Higuain is not the reason we didn't beat Madrid in Cardiff.
Quite agree. I was surprised at how complete a player he was for us. Thought he had an excellent first season, and I'm excited to see how he does this season.

As far as Keita goes it's a no brainier if we can get him. He can contribute this season, and then we can make a decision on him. Even if his attitude does suck we can still sell him on for a profit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So, why are we trying to negotiate a lower fee for a young and talented player, but are somehow comfortable spending the same amount for a 30 year old average CM with no resale value, bearing in mind that both have expiring contracts? :boh:

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
So, why are we trying to negotiate a lower fee for a young and talented player, but are somehow comfortable spending the same amount for a 30 year old average CM with no resale value, bearing in mind that both have expiring contracts? :boh:
football isnt linear like that

not saying that i disagree totally with ur bemusement

but i accept that football isnt linear

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We are trying to repair the relationship which we have with psg

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We are trying to repair the relationship which we have with psg
Fuck PSG. We don't need to repair anything with those fuckers. They never sell their best players, unless we are planning on becoming their feeder club. They epitomize everything that is wrong with modern football.

- - - Updated - - -

football isnt linear like that

not saying that i disagree totally with ur bemusement

but i accept that football isnt linear
I realize that, and it might have something to do with the fact that CM is a more pressing/urgent need. However, Keita is a wonderful talent (and it'd be a shame to miss out on him after losing Schick), and Matuidi is bang average. I really want us to maintain good relations with Lazio so as not to compromise our chances of acquiring SMS.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The Keita transfer is what I call an "opportunistic transfer". Currently priorities would suggest that we do not need him. However, he is an exceptional young talent and with his contract expiring in 1 year's time and his unwillingness to sign, it means we may be able to get this guy on the cheap.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Unfortunately we don't have financial resources to buy best players of psg but the important question is we earned about 100 million euros from champions league but the transfer budget is 50 million euros

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm completely relaxed.

Until I see 3 out of our 4 fullbacks are shit now, our most complete, prolific and useful CB is gone and our CM hunt is going nowhere for 2nd year in a row.
Yeah. Thats why I gave the 'at least we will be insufferable pace whores in pes/fifa'

Seems to me we find everything too expensive, and we are wondering

- will De Sciglio be enough or do we need more ?
- can rugani step up ?
- how is marchisio ?

And those questions decide on the CM.

Which leaves us wide open to Nzonzi renewing and other crap

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately we don't have financial resources to buy best players of psg but the important question is we earned about 100 million euros from champions league but the transfer budget is 50 million euros
You are extra special, arent you

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
I think it's probably because the board/manager sees Keita as a possible extra/luxury buy at a great price while they view Matuidi or some1 similar as a necessity for the upcoming season. I suspect the board feels that if Lazio really say no for Keita, we'll just get him next season. I personally disagree with this and really hope we get him this year. Imo, he adds more firepower to the team than either costa or bernardeschi at the moment

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yeah. Thats why I gave the 'at least we will be insufferable pace $#@!s in pes/fifa'

Seems to me we find everything too expensive, and we are wondering

- can rugani step up ?
- how is marchisio ?

And those questions decide on the CM.

Which leaves us wide open to Nzonzi renewing and other crap

- - - Updated - - -

You are extra special, arent you
Yes just like you

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Because the first we have all the advantage and can strong arm Lazio since the player only wants us?

While Matuidi, well let's just say we learnt our lesson last summer, PSG told us to fuck off as soon as we didn't try to negotiate or comprise to their level.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Because the first we have all the advantage and can strong arm Lazio since the player only wants us?

While Matuidi, well let's just say we learnt our lesson last summer, PSG told us to fuck off as soon as we didn't try to negotiate or comprise to their level.

We can just tell them to fuck off right back. We are talking about Matuidi here; he's 30, contract is expiring, and he nothing special. 25 million for him is insane; even 20 million is excessive, considering he's also likely to command a huge salary. Add a 4 year contract to that, and we are gonna be stuck with him for quite along while.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We don't tell them fuck off because CM is big priority and Matuidi is someone the club want. It's not complicated. We have no reason act out since we are the ones approaching them for their player.

And no 20m-25m is not too excessive at all in this market. I'm no keen on him at all, but he is a consistent good starter for a top club for 5 years now, and he costs the same figure we just managed to sell Lemina for now, who is essentially a nobody right now at this level.

PSG can easily ask for that, not only because he is a starter and they simply can keep him like they did last summer, but also because if they really wanted to sell they could get more then that in EPL.

It's fine that you don't want him, but don't act daft or blind about the price or market values because of that, most importantly realize it's someone the club wants. It means little you keep saying we should tell them fuck off.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The Keita transfer is what I call an "opportunistic transfer". Currently priorities would suggest that we do not need him. However, he is an exceptional young talent and with his contract expiring in 1 year's time and his unwillingness to sign, it means we may be able to get this guy on the cheap.
Correct analysis.

With Keita (and Spinazzola back in Turin) the mercato looks like it is now an 8.5/10 proposition.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
- can rugani step up ?
- how is marchisio ?
Same questions I would have. Thinking yes for Rug and March but reading everyone's posts and the little seen and subpar play of MDS in preseason might be a no. How did he get some many caps? Still young though, example traitor Bonucci.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, off track but I like Keita and he likes Juve. Spend the money while the irons are hot. I know young Kean loses his priority but doesn't he have that crazy money hungry agent? Wow, so surprised how fluid movement of players are in soccer so can't count on Kean years down the road.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Picked it up? Of course I know it, I read every day! Nature of a lurker, you don't see us but we see you!

Quite agree. I was surprised at how complete a player he was for us. Thought he had an excellent first season, and I'm excited to see how he does this season.

As far as Keita goes it's a no brainier if we can get him. He can contribute this season, and then we can make a decision on him. Even if his attitude does suck we can still sell him on for a profit.
you haven't been a member long enough to be a lurker :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
From all the wingers we got/we could get, he seems to be the most talented. We should not miss the opportunity to sign him.
Do you have an issue with the way Alves left?

- - - Updated - - -

:edit: Let me ask this...

Is EVERYONE that was upset with the unprofessional way Alves left going to completely ignore Keita's unprofessional behavior at Lazio for trying to leave just to sign him?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Is EVERYONE that was upset with the unprofessional way Alves left going to completely ignore Keita's unprofessional behavior at Lazio for trying to leave just to sign him?
He will change as he knows that our management respect players will

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have something against homosexuals? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)