Keisuke Honda - AM - CSKA Moscow (23 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I guess the only way to make it work is if he comes off the bench. :) I don't see any other way.
Probably.

I have to say, I find it rather frustrating not knowing what system Juve will use, as it makes it difficult to properly consider the merits of many transfers this summer.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I just can't envision a midfield with Pirlo working without two hard working midfielders playing with him.

You could play Pirlo-Vidal in a 4-2-3-1 if the guy in the trequartista type position was someone who'd contribute defensively, like Nedved.
who the fuck are you? Capello?

I see no reason why a two man central midfield with Pirlo playing alongside a purely defensive minded midfielder wouldn't work. Pirlo is no less a defender than Cesc for example, who had no problems playing alongside Gilberto in the olden days, or Flamini later on. While it would be ideal for Pirlo to have two hardworking players in front of him doing the dirty work, so he can be free to play the deeplying playmaker role without thinking too much of defense, i really don't see why he couldn't manage in a midfield duo of him and say, Melo.

Fred+Red+Tactical discussion...

GO!
Huh?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Probably.

I have to say, I find it rather frustrating not knowing what system Juve will use, as it makes it difficult to properly consider the merits of many transfers this summer.
Maybe Conte isn't sure yet?
Can't we play something like this ??

Buffon

Defence
Krasic Pirlo Melo/Lass/Vidal

Honda Aguero​

Matri​
Krasic is too far back to be useful methinks.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I see no reason why a two man central midfield with Pirlo playing alongside a purely defensive minded midfielder wouldn't work. Pirlo is no less a defender than Cesc for example, who had no problems playing alongside Gilberto in the olden days, or Flamini later on. While it would be ideal for Pirlo to have two hardworking players in front of him doing the dirty work, so he can be free to play the deeplying playmaker role without thinking too much of defense, i really don't see why he couldn't manage in a midfield duo of him and say, Melo.

Huh?
That's what I was going for. :D you two are fun to watch when talking tactics. I was telling you two to take over.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

And Arsenal had great success with that midfield, didn't they?

Pirlo in a midfield two might just about be okay when playing another team playing two men in midfield, but how often does that happen?

The vast majority of teams Juve play have three or four in midfield, so would be able to utterly dominate that area of the pitch.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Pirlo if played in a 2 man mid cannot and will not be effective without a typical DM, one of the like of Lass Diarra, Felipe Melo or Fernando. Vidal will not help his game, while at the same time hurting his own offensive instinct.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Playing Krasic as CM just makes things worse.
Not as CM, but just a liitle further than what he's used to be, somethin like what milan used to play with Pirlo, Gatuuso, and Seedorf, because i don't see any scenarion when we can play 4 attackin players like Krasic, Honda, Aguero and Matri workin.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
How are Juve supposed to build a team for Conte if he doesn't know what he wants?

That would just be asking for trouble.

Too many permutations. All along he's been pretty certain he was playing a 424. Now with a cooling off interest in Bastos and more links to guys like Vidal and Honda, it seems like 433 might be an option. But I wouldn't put it past Conte to get players suitable for one formation to play a combination he prefers. So Honda might just be the Vucinic like SS who would play out wide, for his speed and knack to cut inside. If I have to bet though, its still the 424 that he has in mind, or we would've sealed Pastore by now.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005

if melo was something like makalele in his best days it might work. or another dm that does a lot of quality work defensively. i would like to see pirlo with 2 two-way cms. vidal/pirlo/marchisio for example.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And Arsenal had great success with that midfield, didn't they?

Pirlo in a midfield two might just about be okay when playing another team playing two men in midfield, but how often does that happen?

The vast majority of teams Juve play have three or four in midfield, so would be able to utterly dominate that area of the pitch.
The midfield was successful yes. We outclassed Milan with that midfield, we were competing for the title, but because of our lack of depth we lost the title in the fourth quarter of the season, not because our midfield wasn't successful. Us not winning anything that season had nothing to do with the success or lack of success of our midfield, so that argument is invalid.

If you're playing a team with three or four in midfield and you're playing with wide men, these wide men will stretch the opposition team, and allow for more space in the middle as the opposition teams midfield will have to open up a bit to defend against the widemen. In that case, your midfield duo will not be outnumbered all the time. Think of United for example, they play a 4-4-2 quite often, sometimes employing that 4-4-2 against teams that play with three or four in midfield ala Chelsea. But they stretch those teams and force them to open up space in the middle because they have to defend against United's wide men.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is that why we have a pole position on Agüero?
:lol:

Am I the only one that got that?
How are Juve supposed to build a team for Conte if he doesn't know what he wants?

That would just be asking for trouble.
True. However, I feel like they are building a team to stray away from the traditional 442 and be more suited to his 424 and 433. He will be able to change when needed but the players to come can adapt. (I guess Pirlo in a 424 might be benched?)
1st post edited.
:hustini:

Nedvěd

Honda is not a winger period. He's a creative second striker cum attacking midfielder. I don't know why and how people got the idea that he is a winger. Granted, i haven't seen him much with CSKA, in the few times i've seen him in the CL he always played as an attacking midfielder, same for Japan, he always plays behind the striker(s)
In the Asian cup he played deep, and was brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)