Keisuke Honda - AM - CSKA Moscow (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No issue with Juve signing him as a marketing ploy and a squad player, if the price is right.

Can't say he ever hugely impressed me on the relatively few times I've seen him play.

Sarunas

Jul 24, 2009
"Liverpool would have to sell between 300,000 (£13.5M) and 400,000 (£18M) LFC Jerseys in Japan for Honda’s transfer fee to pay itself". Well, I guess afterall it could be even profitable. Just change Liverpool for Juventus. Note, it's only Japan, some shirts would be sold in other Asian countries and of course Europe.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
CSKA bought him for something like €10mil.
I think CSKA signed him for 6,5 mil euro, as VVV wanted around 7 for him but agreed to sell for a little less. I`m not 100% sure though. As for the price CSKA would demand for him now, I guess around the price they sold us Krasic ~ 14-15 mil...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can't really say, since no-one seems to know if Juve are going to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, or some variant of one of them, next season.
I'm trying to guess by the linked players. Let's say we get Honda, Kun and Vidal...then what would it be?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm trying to guess by the linked players. Let's say we get Honda, Kun and Vidal...then what would it be?
Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-Ziegler

Vidal-Pirlo-?????

Krasic--------Matri--Aguero------​

:boh:

I'd guess Honda would be signed as backup for a number of spots, rather than as a starter.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
That would be very good offense wise, but i don't know if that midfield would be able to hold his own, honda in not the type of winger that track back, i don't know if he can play there.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Honda - Augero - Matri - Krasic

----------Pirlo - Vidal----------

Ziegler - Bonucci - Chiello - Licht

--------------Buffon

With Krasic and Honda cutting inside? Sounds like a nice lineup, we'd have good depth as well

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Honda is not a winger period. He's a creative second striker cum attacking midfielder. I don't know why and how people got the idea that he is a winger. Granted, i haven't seen him much with CSKA, in the few times i've seen him in the CL he always played as an attacking midfielder, same for Japan, he always plays behind the striker(s)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can't Pirlo-Vidal work?

I say go with a 4231...would Vidal-Pirlo be ok? Probably not...
I just can't envision a midfield with Pirlo working without two hard working midfielders playing with him.

You could play Pirlo-Vidal in a 4-2-3-1 if the guy in the trequartista type position was someone who'd contribute defensively, like Nedved.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I just can't envision a midfield with Pirlo working without two hard working midfielders playing with him.

You could play Pirlo-Vidal in a 4-2-3-1 if the guy in the trequartista type position was someone who'd contribute defensively, like Nedved.
I guess the only way to make it work is if he comes off the bench. :) I don't see any other way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)