Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (19 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Benzema To Milan: Come And Get Me French striking sensation Karim Benzema has issued a 'come and get me’ plea to Milan after admitting that the Rossoneri are his “dream club”.

The 20-year-old Lyon star is regarded as one of the most explosive young talents in Europe, and the future of the French national team.

Benzema has been linked with virtually all of European football’s giants, however he has revealed the club and player who he most admires.

"For me, the Rossoneri are my dream club,” the hitman told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “Ronaldo has always been my idol.

"I like Milan, though I must admit I do support Real Madrid. I also like the big squads such as Juve, Inter and Manchester United. The important thing is to win.”

However Benzema brushed off talk of an imminent move to San Siro.

"I will only leave Lyon once I feel in the right frame of mind and ready for the move,” he stated.

Benzema was also asked who he thought were the top five youngsters in world football.

“Messi is first, then Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney, Nasri and Aguero of Atletico Madrid,” the Frenchman answered.

Benzema has already won eight caps for France, scoring three goals, and could be a key player at this summer’s European Championships in Austria and Switzerland.

Roberto Rossi

----------------
The kid is desperate to leave Lyon for an Italian, Spanish or English club.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If Milan get Benzema they will have two of the best 3 young strikers in the world..which could never be good for you Juventus fans.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
If Milan get Benzema they will have two of the best 3 young strikers in the world..which could never be good for you Juventus fans.

Still unproven! dont mean a thing who they get. Tiago and almiron was suppose to be proven players and boss our midfield this season. Now look at them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Benzema is still an uncertain prospect. A good player, but there is an element of risk for clubs like Milan and Juventus.

I'd prefer Huntelaar any day..
Benzema is ripping teams apart in the Ligue and Champions League, and he's now even a french international, plus risks are necessary in football..Milan took a risk on Kaka, Athletico took a risk on Aguero, look how they paid off. Theres many other examples..of course theres an element of risk and theres nothing wrong with that.

I'd prefer Huntelaar any day..
1) You obviously havent seen Benzema play

2) Huntelaar is 24, Benzema is 19.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Benzema is ripping teams apart in the Ligue and Champions League, and he's now even a french international, plus risks are necessary in football..Milan took a risk on Kaka, Athletico took a risk on Aguero, look how they paid off. Theres many other examples..of course theres an element of risk and theres nothing wrong with that.
Milan didn't really take a risk with Kaka. He was part of the Brasilian world cup winning team in 2002 and they bought him for less than 7 million € when he was 21. With this price tag, there wasn't much risk involved (and mind you, they bought him at the time when the transfer market was still going crazy and when average players were being bought for more than 20 mil euro).
Also, they bought him to be Rui Costa's sub. I don't think even they expected Kaka to become what he is today.

As for Benzema, i absolutely agree that a risk should be taken with this kid. But Juve are really not in a position to pay the 35m € asked by Lyon.
And Milan also aren't the team that will pay these money.
Actually, if you observed the Italian mercato and how Italians react in the market in last years, you'll see that no team, not even Inter, is powerful enough to compete with the Spanish and English giants financially. The most expensive player bought in the summer was Chivu whose cost was 16m €. Average teams from England and Spain payed bigger money than 16m €.
Italians never overpayed for a youngster and they won't do such a thing with Benzema.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Correct assessment in general, but you missed out or forgot a big detail in your assessment. That is Pato went for 22m, thats the biggiest risk so far in Football. 17 year old, despite talented has only played a dozen of games and is already bought for 20+ sum.

So they have the ability to for the big bucks (but unlike the other top leagues, only 2-3 of the teams do), just lackt the will (Inter havent needed to sign, they didnt even need Chivu), and Benzema would be muuuuuuuuuuuch less of a risk then the younger Pato, considering Benzema has established himself by scoring in all levels(NT, CL, league) and scoring extremely well.

Jul 5, 2005
Benzema welcomes United link
by Laurent Picard, 09 January 2008

Benzema welcomes United link

French star Karim Benzema has named Manchester United as a possible future destination.

The France international has just turned 20, but his exceptional performances have marked him down as one of the most in-demand players in Europe.

The former OL Academy player has made a name for himself in the domestic league, and his displays in the Champions League, including his superb double at Ibrox against Rangers in 2007, thrust him firmly into the spotlight.

When asked by the Italian press which club he would like to join in the future, the promising ace said: “Milan make me dream. Also because Ronaldo is there - he's my idol. He's from another planet.:lol2:

"But I also love Juve, Inter and Manchester United - the big clubs. What's important is to win.

"I would leave Lyon only to continue to win and when I also feel ready mentally."
Click Here!

Manchester United have posted scouts at Lyon games in recent weeks and Benzema has been the man to catch the eye and Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to keep a close eye when the sides meet in the last 16 of the Champions League.

setantasports.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Correct assessment in general, but you missed out or forgot a big detail in your assessment. That is Pato went for 22m, thats the biggiest risk so far in Football. 17 year old, despite talented has only played a dozen of games and is already bought for 20+ sum.

So they have the ability to for the big bucks (but unlike the other top leagues, only 2-3 of the teams do), just lackt the will (Inter havent needed to sign, they didnt even need Chivu), and Benzema would be muuuuuuuuuuuch less of a risk then the younger Pato, considering Benzema has established himself by scoring in all levels(NT, CL, league) and scoring extremely well.
Pato's price is still a mistery.
It was confirmed by both Internacional and Milan that Pato was bought for 14m euro. But then some Brasilian newspapers came up with a story that the actual price was 21 m eur -> 14m for Internacional and 7m eur for Pato's agent who made it sure that Pato will not sign for any other club but Milan.
So, it's more of a speculation and Pato's official price is 14m eur.

And as much as a lesser risk Benzema is, his 35m eur price tag will certainly scare off the Italians.
Of course, that price is negotiable, but with teams like Chelsea and Real around, Benzema may easily be sold for 35m or even more. And in this case, i doubt any Italian team is willing to pay so much for a 20 years old player, no matter how talented he is.

In one sentence, what i'm trying to say is that like all the other stars Lyon produced and sold them for double their realistic price (Essien, Diarra, Malouda, Abidal... not counting Tiago because we didn't overpay for him) Benzema will probably be sold to another Spanish or English club, ready to overpay. So even if we don't get Benzema, the chances Inter or Milan to be the teams that will buy him are slim, imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are correct in the dividend in his price, but the official price is 21-22m, Milan paid it and thats how much they stated they paid for him. Doesnt matter how they divide between the club and agent, its what they had to pay for him.

Agreed in general regarding Benzema, but IMO you are underestimating Inter and Milan, Milan probably wont due his age and think Pato is gamble enough, but they can go for him. Inter for sure are able to and despite having many strikers, they might buy him if Crespo isnt renewed and Adriano is sold. But most likely Benzema goes to Real, if they dont get Villa that is.

Btw never say they would pay that much(35m) for a 20 year old despite his talent ;) Two of the best players in the world, Messi and Cesc are that age and both of the Milano clubs would pay double that to get them ;) (we would try to rob our Fiat reserve get owned by the army of accountants).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)