Kapo set for Monaco? (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Kapo ready for Monaco move Sunday 12 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivier Kapo’s short-lived Juventus career looks set to be over after he enthused about negotiations with Monaco.

“I would be very happy to join Monaco and try to fight for a first team place,” he told L’Equipe newspaper.

“There is nothing set in stone yet, but I have spoken to the club directors and Coach Didier Deschamps. We seem to agree on everything, so it’s only a matter of time.”

Kapo arrived on a free transfer from Auxerre in the summer, but has managed just 19 appearances between Serie A, the Champions’ League and Coppa Italia.

It is no surprise that the 24-year-old French midfielder is a target for Monaco, as when he arrived it was reportedly on a request by Deschamps – who was at that time in the frame for the Juventus job.

Fabio Capello was less impressed with his credentials and Kapo has struggled to find space within the Turin giants.

I'd prefer Olivera to leave and Kapo to stay. He has good potential. Maybe a loan deal would be good.

Unless of course Evra is part of the deal, but with Chiellini (likely to be)coming back he woud be useless...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Plasil is a non-EU player? A Czech Republic national? How on earth is that possible??
    It's a weird thing, they're not considered yet as EU players by UEFA.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Well you're located in Brussels, can't you send them a directive or something? :D
    No problem I'll do that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)