Kapo set for Monaco? (1 Viewer)

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    indeed:

Kapo joins Monaco on loan Wednesday 15 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus midfielder Olivier Kapo will spend next season back in Ligue 1 after a loan deal was agreed with Monaco.

The French international has accepted the switch after enduring an unhappy debut campaign in Italy.

Kapo arrived on a free transfer from Auxerre last summer but he’s struggled to break into Coach Fabio Capello’s plans.

The 24-year-old, who has also had his injury problems this term, made just 14 League appearances – 12 as substitute.

Monaco boss Didier Deschamps, a former Juventus player, has been tracking Kapo for some time.

In other transfer news, Fiorentina have today signed Marco Donadel from Italian giants Milan.

The Under-21 international arrived in a co-ownership deal in January but he now totally belongs to the Viola.

Donadel, who spent the first part of this season on loan at Sampdoria, is tied to the Artemio Franchi side until 2008.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    ++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++
    next thing we know he turns into thierry henry thing...
    That's why we loan him, not sell him.

He's still ours

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Kapo in prestito al Monaco
    15 06 2005

Il Monaco ha annunciato di aver ingaggiato in prestito per un anno dalla Juventus il centrocampista Olivier Kapo.

Quest'anno il 24enne francese ha giocato solo 14 parite in bianconero ed era già d'accordo con la società di Corso Galileo Ferraris per essere ceduto sul mercato ad una formazione dove potesse scendere in campo con maggiore continuità.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I'll bet he ain't coming back.

If he does well he won't want to come back,if he doesn't we won't want him back.

Either way its a one way ticket out of Turin if you ask me.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    Think it's a bad move, the loan. He should have buggered off completely if he was leaving Italy.
    thinking of it, I agree with you Chxta. Now he has only bad memories about Turin (the bench the injuries...) he won't come back.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    If Nedved retires and Kapo become as good as Henry and is able to keep a place in Juve's first eleven,
    then i dont see why he wouldnt be pleased to come,
    anyway we can even force him and then give him some space to proove himself,
    if he really worths it, he can make it,
    if he doesnt, we can always find another talent like him to use as a back up solution

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Kapo explains Juve split Thursday 16 June, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivier Kapo has admitted that he quit Juventus to resurrect his hopes of playing for France in the World Cup.

The former Auxerre playmaker completed the signing of a one-year loan deal to Monaco on Wednesday and hopes his return to Ligue 1 football will help him rediscover a place in Raymond Domenech’s national squad.

“If I made the choice to return to France it’s because my career is at stake and my biggest desire is to return to Les Bleus,” explained the 24-year-old.

“I know there’s a friendly match [against Senegal] in August and some huge rendezvous in September, but everything will depend on my performances with Monaco. It’s a challenge I’m looking forward to.”

Kapo, who made just one League start for the Bianconeri last season, hailed Monaco Coach – and former Juve midfielder – Didier Deschamps, but also revealed he had no problem with former boss Fabio Capello.

“Everyone knows Deschamps” he said. “He was a great player, a leader, and I don’t have any worries there – I’m sure under his direction I’ll improve.

“I’ve had a terrible year, ruined by constant niggling injuries, but every time the Coach called on me I was ready and proved I have what it takes in Serie A. The Coach never once criticised my ability.”

Kapo has played nine times for France, scoring three goals. His last appearance was against Brazil in May 2004.

source: channel4.com

TBH this is a pretty good + intelligent move for him. Not only can he develop his skills back, he can also get a chance to be in the French NT. This will definitely make him a better player instead of being a bench player for Juve all the time. I agree with wad he said actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)