Juventuz World Player of the Year : Results (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
And the polls have officially closed, hopefully all coaches got their chance in the span of 6 days. 29 candidates received votes from 30 national team coaches.

In good tradition of the Juventuz Forums, crowd favorite Alessandro Del Piero has once again claimed the contest his own as he defeats his opponents scoring 43 points. Alex won his 4th scudetto to confirm his ability, scoring 16 goals and playing a vital part. This season he has opened in impressive fashion, scoring in just about every game he featured in.

In second place, Arsenal's long time injured midfield dynamo Robert Pires, who helped his team to their first league title since a few years back, beating Man Utd on the finish line. Pires sustained a serious injury towards the conclusion of the campaign that would keep him away for several months, recovering last week.

In third place, with 26 points, Valencia's Argentine prodigy Pablo Aimar. He helped his team to its first league title since the 70s, scoring a number of the decisive goals towards the end of the campaign. In recent history, Aimar also sealed a hat-trick this weekend.

Tied in third is Real's Raul, who picked up yet another Champions League title last term, despite missing out on the league title. By Raul's standards it was a below par season with less goals scored than we've seen him deliver in the past.

Further down the list we find such names as Real's Roberto Carlos, Juve's Davids, the much contested Ronaldo and Bayern's Ballack and Kahn.

01. Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus) : 43
02. Robert Pires (Arsenal) : 26
03. Pablo Aimar (Valencia) : 23
--. Raul (Real Madrid) : 23

05. Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid) : 20
06. Edgar Davids (Juventus) : 16
--. Ronaldo (Inter/Real Madrid) : 16
08. Oliver Kahn (Bayern M) : 15
09. Michael Ballack (Leverkusen/Bayern M) : 14
10. Thierry Henry (Arsenal) : 9
--. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) : 9
12. Roberto Baggio (Brescia) : 6
13. David Trezeguet (Juventus) : 5
--. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man Utd) : 5
--. Rafael van der Vaart (AFC Ajax) : 5
16. Filippo Inzaghi (Milan) : 4
--. Ronaldinho (Paris SG) : 4
18. Roberto Ayala (Valencia) : 3
--. Joaquín (Real Betis) : 3
20. Rivaldo (Barcelona/Milan) : 2
21. Christian Chivu (Ajax) : 1
--. El Hadji Diouf (Lens/Liverpool) : 1
--. Luis Figo (Real Madrid) : 1
--. Lucio (Leverkusen) : 1
--. Ilhan Mansiz (Galatasaray) : 1
--. Pavel Nedved (Juventus) : 1
--. Christian Panucci (Roma) : 1
--. Alvaro Recoba (Inter-Milan) : 1
--. Wesley Sonck (Racing Genk) : 1

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I didn't vote, so maybe I shouldn't criticize...but Davids in 6th place? I'd be hard pressed to say Davids was 6 place for Juventus player of the year, let alone world player of the year (Don't believe me? Del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved, Ferrara and Buffon all had better years then Davids did. Lets remember his drug suspension, all the dumb mistakes hes made, his sending offs...I just don't see it.)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    Well you know what they Fifa world player of the year awards are like, it's not like the best man wins, it's just a voting spree.. :D If you check the list you'll find certain coaches vote for players from their own national teams, like Guatemala and stuff. Objective? nah ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    That's not realistic at all :D...
    The real one will be very different...

I wuould not bet in mine also:

1) Roberto Carlos (Bra)
    2) Michael Ballack (Ger)
    3) Raul Gonzales Blanco (Esp)

But the 3 + Khan and Ronaldo (who don't deserve it cause he was :strong: in the WC but :yuck: all year long) will be in the firsts 4 sure!
    Remember they will consider the WC first, the CL second and third the nationals championschip...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Amazingly my 3 favourite players make up the top 3. No! Not Raul! I mean Aimar,Pires and DP of course!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)