*(juventuz.VB3) (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually vb3 can have an option of a vBookie, that would me amazing if it is installed. I hope Marty won't think I am bashing him, but I will ask the question again, are you considering installing a Bookie option on the new forum?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Marty ] ++
I asked you before what vBookie is, but never saw an answer from you, so what is it? :p
It is a booking option. Members can have virtual money and any bookings (bettings) for games can be posted and members bet, and win or lose money.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So, we can create a "Match Central" section on this website with match schedules, squad lists, squad reports, player stats, team stats, player ratings, and match reports all included. With a little bit of work we could easily trump this crap www.juventus.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
So, we can create a "Match Central" section on this website with match schedules, squad lists, squad reports, player stats, team stats, player ratings, and match reports all included. With a little bit of work we could easily trump this crap www.juventus.com
That sounds like an awesome idea.

I don't mean to be a doubter, but I'm just wondering about the practicality of this. On any given matchday, we might have, what...5-10 people who have access to a live broadcast of the match.

Getting things like starting lineups etc. would be pretty simple, but it would be very difficult to gather things like individual player stats and team stats without getting information from external sources like OPTA or football websites.

Unless we can be self-sufficient, I think it'd be difficult to keep a sustained level of accuracy and efficiency.

I'm all for the idea though, and I'd like to help out in any way I can, but we first have to think of the practicality.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
These are awesome ideas, guys. Andy and Josh doing the post-game wrap up. Editors' player ratings like the Italian papers. Stats, lineups, and reports like good old soccerage.com when it was da bomb. :thumb:

Even revivals of the prediction game, and perhaps less manual options for things like StrikerMania, would be pretty cool.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually Greg, we say F the Gazzetta and Corriere Della Sera editors, cuz we can make our own ratings. Could you imagine me, you, Zlatan, Graham, and others compiling our results together, finding the averages over the entire season? Just don't look at me when Zebina has the best ratings. ;)

And hopefully this Match Center proposal will be a successful ploy to usher in more observers to this website..

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    I can only see it as a benefit to the footballing community on Juventuz. We all know theres lots of everything else...

edit: (community)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)