Juventuz Oscars 2004 (1 Viewer)

OP
baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #61
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

was the joke worth all this typing dj? :D
    Not really, but it was imperative to make a point. The point being even the newest posters here make important contributions too, which are overlooked by people who start award threads.

Eg: Espectro (the guy has been around 3000 posts, but almost never gets nominated for anyhting. How does that make him feel?)

A former member of the forums, has stopped posting becoz he/she felt this place was becoming hostile!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Not really, but it was imperative to make a point. The point being even the newest posters here make important contributions too, which are overlooked by people who start award threads.

Eg: Espectro (the guy has been around 3000 posts, but almost never gets nominated for anyhting. How does that make him feel?)

A former member of the forums, has stopped posting becoz he/she felt this place was becoming hostile!
    I kinda understood your point as you made this thread right after the questinaire thread...

though I can feel that the issue is more personal to you (and other non-regular oldies) than it is to "newbies" because you often get overlooked because you're not here 24/7 and you simply post serious stuff every now and then without chatting too much with the people.

let them be overlooked... If members join here mainly for popularity then i say good ridance to them if they want to leave. We're here to contribute and learn and have fun (or so i think). Newbies shouldn't feel bad because nobody knows them, so it's natural for them to be left out. (we all went through that). as for non-regulars, i dont see why they should feel bad. They may contribute a lot, but having someone else getting a verbal "award" doesn't lessin the left out person any.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Majed, consider that every person here is different. Not everyone comes here with the same craving for gratification some people have, some members just want to talk about Juve or hang out with people they like, without needing any kind of forum wide recognition. :)

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65

I kinda understood your point as you made this thread right after the questinaire thread...

though I can feel that the issue is more personal to you (and other non-regular oldies) than it is to "newbies" because you often get overlooked because you're not here 24/7 and you simply post serious stuff every now and then without chatting too much with the people.
    Mij, your absolutely right when you say that. Im not here 24\7 and i usually post seriously every now and then. And id be lying if i said the issue doesnt involve me on a broader scale: it does. But its not just me. Like i mentioned, there are guys who have a thousand more posts than me, and are ofren overlooked as well.

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #66
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Majed, consider that every person here is different. Not everyone comes here with the same craving for gratification some people have, some members just want to talk about Juve or hang out with people they like, without needing any kind of forum wide recognition. :)
    Martin, you have it wrong. I dont live my life on the internet, and its not about clamouring for forum wide recognition. Being a superstar on the internet, is not my cup of tea. :)

There have been a million times that i have asked a question in thread discussions that have gone unanswered. Everybody here is part of the community and come to hang with Juventinis, even more so in my case, coz all my country throws up are EPL fans. And as you see in mine and many other's posts, is we all love our football. Unfortunately i havent had the time to get to know many people on this forum, but even daily efforts of interaction are overlooked because discussions in open threads just go on with the people one knows.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Majed, consider that every person here is different. Not everyone comes here with the same craving for gratification some people have,
    So i guess maybe there are people who just want the attention...

some members just want to talk about Juve or hang out with people they like, without needing any kind of forum wide recognition. :)
    That's what my whole point is based on... "It's not about the recognition and baggio shouldn't have to worry about people feeling bad because they aren't mentioned"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    That's what my whole point is based on... "It's not about the recognition and baggio shouldn't have to worry about people feeling bad because they aren't mentioned"
    then again, I'm sure there's members who are here to meet people and make new friends, and my heart goes out to those who go by unnoticed just because they can't spend half of their lives here like others :embarass: There's so many genuinely nice and interesting people here, and they don't deserve to be thrown by the wayside

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

then again, I'm sure there's members who are here to meet people and make new friends, and my heart goes out to those who go by unnoticed just because they can't spend half of their lives here like others :embarass: There's so many genuinely nice and interesting people here, and they don't deserve to be thrown by the wayside
    Yes, there are members like that... as martin said, there are different people.
    What's your point?!

are my posts that ambiguous?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    No, they weren't ambiguous at all... are mine?

what I'm saying is that Martin mentioned that there are some people who are just here to talk about Juve, but there are also people who are 'craving for gratification', and that was meant to be some kind of justification for the fact that some people never get mentioned around here, but it's not exclusive like that. I'm saying that there are people who want to get to know everyone and get awards (not to make them sound shallow or anything), but never get mentioned... and you can't just throw them on the "Oh, they're just here to chill out and be anonymous" pile

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I dont often say this, but: I honestly dont see how this matter is worth 3 posts...

I'll stop here as I've already made my point and have taken Martin's.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    right then, let's forget it

good to see you again btw, where have u been?
    Good to see you too Graham... Been very busy for the past couple of months...
    how've you been?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Good to see you too Graham... Been very busy for the past couple of months...
    how've you been?
    Kinda busy myself, with a bunch of assignments coming up; otherwise I've been quite well. You been busy with school work or what?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Kinda busy myself, with a bunch of assignments coming up; otherwise I've been quite well. You been busy with school work or what?
    EVERYTHING... you name it, I've been busy with it... it's been a long summer full of everything!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

I dont mean those awards :D

I mean the older ones, i think IncuboRossonero made them
    Nice double post River. :D

Well there probably is a conspiracy as always around here, wouldn't be anything new. :)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003

Vain and desperate? Lets not refer to the Nick against the world thread, or the "Incubo" questionnaire then.
    Actually Nick against the world was originally titled FACT OF THE WEEK BY ME...it was renamed NICK AGAINST THE WORLD by Martin. Get the idea: it was titled NICK AGAINST THE WORLD BY ANOTHER PERSON..I don't think about self titles.
    As for the Questionnaire...obviously I put INCUBO in it so that those who can't stand me can avoid it. However, if you bothered even scanning it you would see it has nothing to do with me but general thoughts...
    Next time you want to make a point with me then...

MAKE A POINT

Obviously my attempts to make things apparent, are in vain. Seriously thought you had the better sense to see this for what it is: a big joke.
    Maybe people did not over look it because of the image you have constructed of yourself here on the forum..posting pics where your hair and shirt are a certain way and having discussion and discussion about yourself...

if I were to come out and say that I kicked the sh*t out of a Juventino for no reason some people would probably believe it given the image I create here with my posts..
    see the point???

It explains things...

p.s. it really wasn't that funny Baggio...if it was meant to be.

Horse Shit? Now, you know what awards around here mean. ;)

On a more serious note: did you enjoy being nominated for nicest poster? [/QUOTE]

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Maybe people did not over look it because of the image you have constructed of yourself here on the forum..posting pics where your hair and shirt are a certain way and having discussion and discussion about yourself...

if I were to come out and say that I kicked the sh*t out of a Juventino for no reason some people would probably believe it given the image I create here with my posts..
    see the point???

It explains things...

p.s. it really wasn't that funny Baggio...if it was meant to be.
    Not really Incubo. In fact, the reason people usually come to chat forums is not because of creating an image but the lack of having to. Well, im speaking for myself if not anybody else.

Speaking about the image you've created with your posts, if at all? I'm going to have to say the agressive demanour speaks more of deep rooted insecurity.

PS: As for making a point: hopefully, ive made one with the people who matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)