Juventuz is 10 years old! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Congrats Martin, and thanks for this great place.

And you know, as an outsider today Juventuz feels more than just a forum, its like a unique society with its own culture with all of its positive and negative characteristic that you might like or dislike. And even after that this forum is not just a discussion forum, its a great (great!) news and information source for many other juventus fans who are not participating in talks\debates\fights etc. thanks for that too.

Happy birthday Juventuz.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I can't believe it's been 4 years since I've joined this place. All I can say is that I've learned a lot during my stay here and have met some great people. I stumbled upon this place through a google search. I was looking for an English site for Juventus and I found this and it's awesome to have a place we can come to and share our passion for this team, football, and any topic that interests us.

Thanks for that, Martin. :pint:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
This place has been a big part of my life in the past couple of years... Thank you Juventuz and thank you Martin... Love ya all :smile:

Apr 12, 2004
On this very day in 2000, I was busy getting the very first Juventuz forum online. The software I used then was lame and crashed a lot, eventually replaced with something else. So we don't have any posts left from those very first days. But that's where it all began.

The forum population on December 31 was one, just me. The population in the first few days was two, me and Lisa (that surely none of you remember), the only person I told about my plans to start a forum. She was my right hand for the first couple of years.

Naturally, the first thing I did was to spam all the football forums I knew (Xtratime was one, lots of others that are long since dead), to announce my new forum. :agree:

All of this feels like a lifetime ago. The forum was my life back in those days. The Martin of 10 years ago would make a big deal out of this important anniversary but the Martin today, as you know, is a lot more lazy. :tup:
:weee:

Thank you for creating something I can use to waste copious amounts of time! :heart:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Thank you, Martin

I don't know what I'd do without this place for the past 4 years but I wouldn't be as accomplished as I am without it.

Apr 12, 2004
Congrats Martin, and thanks for this great place.

And you know, as an outsider today Juventuz feels more than just a forum, its like a unique society with its own culture with all of its positive and negative characteristic that you might like or dislike. And even after that this forum is not just a discussion forum, its a great (great!) news and information source for many other juventus fans who are not participating in talks\debates\fights etc. thanks for that too.

Happy birthday Juventuz.
True, we are a very close-knit group here.

It is, a good and bad thing, as it's hard to enter our crew, and hopefully, harder to leave.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'm not sure how I can truly express what this place has meant to me in the mere context of words, but I'm going to try.

Back in 2003, Late July or Early August I would say, I was staring at my CD of photos on my computer that I had taken from the time Juve was in the U.S. during the 2003 Champions Series, which featured Juve, Milan, Barcelona, Celtic, Manu, Club America (I'm remembering the rest of the teams because I'm staring at the program as we speak), and I had all of these pictures, and all of these moments that I wanted to talk about with someone, anyone that even remotely cared.

I tried ESPN, because that was the place I frequented the most. Hah. No.
Ok. Fox Sports. Hmmm. Nothing. Unless I was a supporter of the EPL.
CBS Sportsline? Didn't even have a Soccer page.

So, I went hunting on my search engine for a decent football site, and if they talked about Juve, then Hey..............................all the better.

First place I found was a video game site. That was a bad idea. Then I found a couple of other sites that really didn't interest me too much. So I called it a day.

I tried again a couple of days later, but THIS TIME, I did something that most people are guilty of when their mind travels faster than their fingers. I typed a 'Z" instead of an "S".

What the hell is this?? I thought. this is interesting.

Interesting indeed, to say the least. I didn't notice any Americans here at first, so I thought I would stand out and make myself known that there are people from the U.S. who actually watch soccer, or football, or in this case, both, depending upon the sport. Hence, "USA Juventini" made his debut in 2003, complete with all of the photos and stories of those practices and and photo and autograph sessions. P.S.- If anybody laughs at my original screen name, you are FUCKING DEAD.

Now, I despise most types of social media, such as Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, and the like. I have never signed up for them, nor will I ever do so.

Why, you ask? Because no matter how many times you converse with someone through those forms of media, you don't feel like family. You don't feel as if there is a world outside of your four walls, or outside of your doorstep, or just outside the rear view mirrors of your automobile.

Here, you do.

Here, you feel both stunning realities of the world in which we live in. Just how grand and intimidating and different the world is, and yet, you also feel as if someone like Seven is just down the street from you, where you can throw an empty beer bottle at him and tell him to stop being such a wuss when it comes to girls. :D (P.S.- I love you, kid, and you know that.)

There is a closeness, an intimacy, that I know I have with certain members here, that if anything tragic were to befall them, I would feel it as if it were someone I knew all my life, and it would wound my heart in a way that is only reserved for losing a close friend or loved one.

There are people here that I know I will never meet, and as sad as that is, it also makes me smile knowing that they are simply a keyboard, a computer, and an internet away.

When I see people such as Jack, or Dusan, Andy, Hoori, Rab, Sab, or anyone else that I hold dear to me, type something, it feels as if we are all in the same room, just shooting the breeze. And sometimes, I don't even get that feeling when I'm in the same room with my friends who are actually in the same room with me, if that makes any sense.

So Martin, I think that the best thing that I could say, is that whether you intentionally meant to do this or not, you have brought a sense of emotion to an otherwise emotionless medium.

You've brought humanity and genuine good feelings to a digital world.

In other words, you singlehandedly made this a part of my life.

MY LIFE, Martin. And I honestly don't know if I would be a better person today if I had not mistakenly stumbled upon this 7 years ago.

But I'm glad that I don't have to find out.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Thank You so much.
Wow... Loser :p

Oh and thanks and congratulations Martin. I mean it.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
To think I was still at secondary school when I first joined up here, wow. It's a bit sad but I don't know what I'd actually do without this place. Very well done Martin and well done to everyone who makes it a place as special as it is.
:touched:
Now let's make the next 10 years even better!!!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I can't believe it's been 10 years since a Polish guy,living in Holland decided to start an English forum for an Italian team

from the bottom of my heart,thank you Martin

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #100
    I can't believe it's been 10 years since a Polish guy,living in Holland decided to start an English forum for an Italian team

from the bottom of my heart,thank you Martin
    Well, I was living in Norway at the time. Where Juve fans are not exactly frequent, so I plainly had to do something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)