Juventuz Bar Thread (5 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm going soft this summer.

It's ages since I had a whisky breakfast before going to Glasgow or Edinburgh for an away game.

My God, I really can't wait for the season to get going again.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Tried some "new" (as in I never tried them before) beers over the weekend:

Maredsous Blond: Liked it. But at the same time quite expensive for what it is.

Straffe Hendrik: Quite strong (9,5%) and you do taste the alcohol. Didn't really like it.

I also, once again, had the pleasure of drinking what is probably the best beer in the world. And no, it's not Carlsberg I'm talking about here.

Dec 27, 2003
Have you ever been to Moeder Lambic, just next to the splendid "maison communale" of Saint-Gilles?

If not, I strongly recommend you to go visit it next time you pass by EUnuchville. They have something like 1000 types of local beers, which they can serve you with a decent choice of artisanal cheese.

Strong recommendation number 2 : avoid ordering a Duvel, a Karmeliet, a Chouffe, a Westmalle, a Maredsous, a Grimbergen, a Faro Lindemans etc etc, unless you want to be tagged as the beer cafone of the day.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Have you ever been to Moeder Lambic, just next to the splendid "maison communale" of Saint-Gilles?

If not, I strongly recommend you to go visit it next time you pass by EUnuchville. They have something like 1000 types of local beers, which they can serve you with a decent choice of artisanal cheese.

Strong recommendation number 2 : avoid ordering a Duvel, a Karmeliet, a Chouffe, a Westmalle, a Maredsous, a Grimbergen, a Faro Lindemans etc etc, unless you want to be tagged as the beer cafone of the day.
You're back?!

:touched:

Dec 27, 2003
No, Im not coming back.

I now often wonder exactly what Im doing here, true.

In fact I've wondered less than one hour ago.

I was sitting on a stool down at the guì zhōu guy's - the one with the dark orange craggy face and the lão beĩ jìng slippers who drives his sān lún chē the wrong way on guángqùlù and whose little kid took a leak in the elevator with me in it, but then his mother said no, don't do that, don't do it in front of the big lão wài, it's ok to do it, just not in front of the big lão wài, I usually don't understand a word of what they say, them guì zhōu people, in their guì zhōu dialect, but THAT i understood - and I was chewing mecanically through my bāo zi - down at the guì zhōu guy's - and drinking my liáng chá, with the usual 26 pairs of slanting eyes on me, and I wondered : "Franky, exactly what the fuck are you doing here?"

And, again, I was unable to answer.

But Im not coming back. Ever.

Well, not for the foreseeable future anyway.

Maybe at Christmas, because it's Christmas and I missed last Christmas.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No, Im not coming back.

I now often wonder exactly what Im doing here, true.

In fact I've wondered less than one hour ago.

I was sitting on a stool down at the guì zhōu guy's - the one with the dark orange craggy face and the lão beĩ jìng slippers who drives his sān lún chē the wrong way on guángqùlù and whose little kid took a leak in the elevator with me in it, but then his mother said no, don't do that, don't do it in front of the big lão wài, it's ok to do it, just not in front of the big lão wài, I usually don't understand a word of what they say, them guì zhōu people, in their guì zhōu dialect, but THAT i understood - and I was chewing mecanically through my bāo zi - down at the guì zhōu guy's - and drinking my liáng chá, with the usual 26 pairs of slanting eyes on me, and I wondered : "Franky, exactly what the fuck are you doing here?"

And, again, I was unable to answer.

But Im not coming back. Ever.

Well, not for the foreseeable future anyway.

Maybe at Christmas, because it's Christmas and I missed last Christmas.
This must be a coded message so his collaborators can figure out what's going on.

Dec 27, 2003
The guì zhōu guy......actually lives in the tower's BASEMENT......think about it......he's just a gui zhou guy running a greasy spoon.......1,5 kuài a bāo zi........he cannot live anywhere ELSE than in the basement......with all the invisibili......Nanni Balestrini, you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)