Juventus Women (20 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's as if she can go to another club, country or city and not experience racism there... Ironic given she left England following the race row with the national team! Dog sniffers in airports?? is that not normal? a shop clerk looking at you as if you are a criminal... please, I've been to Turin many times, never once felt victimised or threatened. I can't imagine Blaise Matuidi feels the same and yet he's experienced racism first hand from other fans unlike Aluko. What a bitch

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This one is true though:

"I have not experienced any racism from Juventus fans or within the women’s League, but there is an issue in Italy and in Italian football and it is the response to it that really worries me.

“From owners and fans in the men’s game, who seem to see it as a part of fan culture."

- - - Updated - - -

Folklore it is.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why is she a bitch or idiot for describing her experience? I have no idea who she is, but she didnt say anything about the team or womens leagues matches. Its not shocking Italy is culture or identity crash for someone who stands out as much as she does in day to day life over there (and dont care open attitude on racism is pretty clear to us on monthly basis in Serie A), and womens football is so insignificant that no one would ever recognize her as a player most likely, so doesnt have that as cushion unlike male players.

Maybe she is the type that cries wolf, or is insecure, but if you litterally do not know how her day to day life was there (vastly different experience then a multi-cultural one like London), its kinda funny to have a set opinion about it.

Mainly more so when most of what she was describing is about the racism in male football and Serie A (besides the couple of examples of average discrimination stuff, some are more sensitive to it then others), which has been a huge issue. And you better bet that its a DEFENITE factor going forward for players of colour wether they come to Serie A or not, when its actively accepted as "part of the game" more and more, with little done about it in concrete way.

- - - Updated - - -

It's as if she can go to another club, country or city and not experience racism there... Ironic given she left England following the race row with the national team! Dog sniffers in airports?? is that not normal? a shop clerk looking at you as if you are a criminal... please, I've been to Turin many times, never once felt victimised or threatened. I can't imagine Blaise Matuidi feels the same and yet he's experienced racism first hand from other fans unlike Aluko. What a bitch

Hey, it may be shocking to you, but you are a little fat asian kid, she is a blacker then black butch looking woman, maybe your experience is not exactly the same? Even if she was BSing, your example is stupid.

And about Matuidi, the fact is he faced racism from other fans is pretty damn irrelevant, the issue is that he did (multiple times), stop being so damn sectarian for a second, and take personal affront on behalf of city of Turin, just because your favourite team plays there. Its completely real possibility that the same idiots who make monkey chants in football stadiums, can be find in stores or Airports having the same attitude and behaviour there too. Wether they are fans of other teams or not matters little to nothing.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When you're somewhere different where you don't speak the language you feel like an outsider anyway, everyday things can be stressful.

Obviously there aren't that many black people in Turin compared to English cities but I do wonder sometimes if some of this natural apprehension and fear is suddenly turned into racism at every opportunity. I'm pretty sure she encountered it and there is validity to saying she was picked out because of her skin colour, but people are wary of different regardless.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Sometimes we condemn without insight and that's just unfortunate. Does anyone here have experience with extra security measures taken against you just because of your skin colour? Unfortunately there are arseholes everywhere with an opportunity to abuse their position and they do. Who's to say she didn't experience all that? Comparing her to Matuidi or the other male counterparts is just ridiculous.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Good posts by Ali and JJ. The only unfortunate thing in my view I find is that by saying Turin is decades behind she generalizes an entire city based on some bad apples. But then if that's what she experienced and that occured several times then that's legitimate if she prefers to leave

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Good posts by Ali and JJ. The only unfortunate thing in my view I find is that by saying Turin is decades behind she generalizes an entire city based on some bad apples. But then if that's what she experienced and that occured several times then that's legitimate if she prefers to leave
Yeah. Instead she should have said Italy is decades behind.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Why is she a bitch or idiot for describing her experience? I have no idea who she is, but she didnt say anything about the team or womens leagues matches. Its not shocking Italy is culture or identity crash for someone who stands out as much as she does in day to day life over there (and dont care open attitude on racism is pretty clear to us on monthly basis in Serie A), and womens football is so insignificant that no one would ever recognize her as a player most likely, so doesnt have that as cushion unlike male players.

Maybe she is the type that cries wolf, or is insecure, but if you litterally do not know how her day to day life was there (vastly different experience then a multi-cultural one like London), its kinda funny to have a set opinion about it.

Mainly more so when most of what she was describing is about the racism in male football and Serie A (besides the couple of examples of average discrimination stuff, some are more sensitive to it then others), which has been a huge issue. And you better bet that its a DEFENITE factor going forward for players of colour wether they come to Serie A or not, when its actively accepted as "part of the game" more and more, with little done about it in concrete way.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, it may be shocking to you, but you are a little fat asian kid, she is a blacker then black butch looking woman, maybe your experience is not exactly the same? Even if she was BSing, your example is stupid.

And about Matuidi, the fact is he faced racism from other fans is pretty damn irrelevant, the issue is that he did (multiple times), stop being so damn sectarian for a second, and take personal affront on behalf of city of Turin, just because your favourite team plays there. Its completely real possibility that the same idiots who make monkey chants in football stadiums, can be find in stores or Airports having the same attitude and behaviour there too. Wether they are fans of other teams or not matters little to nothing.
You really are as stupid as you look. Why is she making out to be the only foreigner or even the only black person in Turin who feels persecuted? Shes a whiner I wouldnt be surprised if her race allegation against a previous England manager was blown out of proportion because shes female and black.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You really are as stupid as you look. Why is she making out to be the only foreigner or even the only black person in Turin who feels persecuted? Shes a whiner I wouldnt be surprised if her race allegation against a previous England manager was blown out of proportion because shes female and black.
Oh is she? Or could it be that there are plenty of other black people there who feel he same, but no one is gonna write an article about the feelings of a random citizen? Nah...

Whiner or not, blown out of proportion or not, you know how italy is regarding to racism. What is it that doesn't sound plausible about what she says? Nothing.

She also doesn't make out to be the only foreigner there, she's simply giving you HER personal experience. Is that so hard to grasp?

- - - Updated - - -

:shifty: what about him looks stupid?
His P.I.M.P. belt.

- - - Updated - - -

...Stop being so damn sectarian for a second, and take personal affront on behalf of city of Turin, just because your favourite team plays there.
:agree:

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Oh is she? Or could it be that there are plenty of other black people there who feel he same, but no one is gonna write an article about the feelings of a random citizen? Nah...

Whiner or not, blown out of proportion or not, you know how italy is regarding to racism. What is it that doesn't sound plausible about what she says? Nothing.

She also doesn't make out to be the only foreigner there, she's simply giving you HER personal experience. Is that so hard to grasp?

- - - Updated - - -

His P.I.M.P. belt.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
How many black Juventus players or even torino players for that matter have ever come out and spoken ill of their treatment or experience in the city? Ffs this isn't napoli where you're a target of getting robbed at gun point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)