Juventus wins title (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
It seems we are just as bad, really. Before last year we could criticise real Madrid's policy, but not know.

Besides, if you've got the cash, flaunt it..thats what i say :D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
i not remember we spent 56 milion on a player, then one year later 66 milion on a player, and then 47 milion on a player we don't even need.
besides, in the year which we have spent much it were only 50 milion less or more on a lot of players, that we spent, (remembet that we got 66 milion on zidane).

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
So they do what we do, only they have more money so they have more fun? :D What's your point?
i will explain you better maybe you will understand.

we are a big team, a huge team, to be accurate, that can't do without trophies. after losing twice the scudetto, first time to lazio with amazment losing after leading all year. year after losing the scudetto to roma, with no real threaten from our side. adding to that the big failure in CL group (last place in an easy group), and that after we didn't even compete the year before in CL.
those kinda things don't fit in our standards. juve managment realized we need a change. after selling zidane to real madrid we use wisely the money and our managment skills, buying the players we need- buffon to stengh the keeper position, thuram to stabilized our defence, and nedved (who knows as a hard work rate player) to replace zidane position and goes onto his bigshoes. adding to that some more players as zenoni, salas and zalayeta (bringing him back), and more.

juve changed since then from top to top, showing clever football, winning games (CL too) and all for a target: not to entertain fans with stupid entertaining football, but with cleverness, getting the points we need and win finally a trophy. the plan worked and we won the scudetto. this year juve managment want the big thing- Champions League.

it's wrong to think we accidently won scudetto and just spent money without thinking, i'm sure everything was a good plan.

real madrid wants to be big club too and buying good players to win things too. we can't blame them for this. but things going now with uncontrolled money spending, taking good players from teams just only to have fun. why they need ronaldo, they are european champions,!!!!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
but first you have to win something, then you can show gret soccer.
valencia played with cleverness last year more than with showing great football. thay won la liga and now they show some good football.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Still, I don't see your motive here. Are you saying that if Juve were Real, we were king of Europe right now, had several of the best players in the world in our team and we just added players we didn't really need, just to enhance our image and reputation, to attract more fans, make the club greater, are you saying that would bother you?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I agree Juve is building up the team. But in a smaller scale we are doing what they are so I don't understand why people blame them for what they do, just because they do it better.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Oded after reading your posts , I can see 2 things, first of all the average Juve fan is just interested in winning things not how you do it, and that is why the board are not interested in buying creative players, like how Agnelli regarded Zz as just entertainment and how you call playing entertaining footbal stupid

Real Madrid fans on the other hand demand entertaining football and winning things as well and thats why the board obliges them by buying entertaining players, the ones you regard as unnecessary

Even if Juve had a limitless pot of money, they will still buy defensive minded players instead of the creative ones

All this talk of how Real bought him and him and him, while we do the same thing, we just buy the dull players but you regard it as clever

In 1996/97 we had a magnificent squad but it was watered down it down by selling off Vieri, Boksic, Jugovic and got Inzaghi and Fonseca

No matter how much Real spend on anyone, it will never astonish me as we spending £33m on a gol keeper no matter how good he is

Our buying might be clever to you but most of our buys make little sense to me

In Italy, Milan fans are the ones who demand good football more than anyother while Juve fans are quite happy to be explaining the merits of dud buys like Bachini, Fresi, baiocco Esnaider, Zalayeta and all them ppl

While Milan get Rivaldo on a free , we opt for Fresi as our free transfer, thus I rest my case

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
denco, you got me wrong.
i would love to see juve playing entertaining football but as i said, we had to win something after a long times, and don't say our buys weren't clever because we won scudetto and thats what we wanted in the first place.

i don't think entertaining football is stupid, i think a team should play with cleverness to win the first thing and then entertaining football is possible. how can we play entertaining football without winning some important award before, that is stupid IMO.
best example barcelona who may play entertaining football a lot of times but i don't see results. if you look back of time- real madrid didn't play entertaining football when they won CL in 97/98. but then they won trophies and then they buy players with skills and technique.
valencia weren't so entertaining last year but they won championship and now when i saw them against liverpool i was shocked with thier way of play- amazing football.

first i prefer winning the first thing. if juve would play entertaining football last year but not winning scudetto- i were a sad man. and don't tell me u aren't the same coz i'm sure you wanted juve to win scudetto too.
now it would be a dream to be like real madrid- playing exellent football and winning things too. but the problem it's not allways possible.

and i don't think fresi, baiocco... are clever buys, i talked on last years purchasings.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
last year?that's a joke.nedved,salas,buffon,thuram.
neddy and thuram were 30 and you don't go around buying 30-year olds and calling them smart buys,and not for 20-30 million each surely.
salas was unhappy because he was forced out of the starting XI in lazio,and i'm sure juve knew that.and there's no way juve was gonna play him in an already defensive lineup in place of dp or treze.and they still bought him.for what price?7m + darko kovacevic,a player who had been very effective the whole season and scored regularly even though he was a sub.we could have gotten a bright younster eg.mutu who would be more content to sit on the bench.
VDS went on a free transfer when we could have gotten 4-5m for him,and we got buffon.this is the best of the lot,though the price was too high.
so how you can call these CLEVER buys i don't know.good buys, yes.but clever buys,well......

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Valencia under Ranieri with Lopez, Ilie, Farinos, Gerald, Mendietta were so entertaining it was unreal, then even under Cuper in some games they were terrific, its just that he was negative in many games hence the fans did not like him, last season, Valencia were okay not overly entertaining and not dull but they won the league partly due to the fact that Real madrid were concentrating on winning everything in their cenetenary year and putting unnecessary pressures on themselves and Depor not being able to combine Cl duties with La liga so Valencia kinf of sneaked up on them and won it

That they outplayed Liverpool is no surprise as Liverpool are the most boring team in Europe, they also outplayed Inter who again are the second the most boring team in Europe

I do not see how buying Figo, Ronaldo, Zz is not clever but buying Nedved Thuram and Buffon is

First of all you said Thuram was bought to stabilise our defence, but the defence was already good in SerieA before he and Buffon came and it was in Cl were we are always exposed as in Italy teams do not attack as much as they do in other leagues, so we can get away with being the team who conceded the least goals

Look at Cl last season, we conceded 6 goals against Celtic, 3 against Arsenal, 3 against Bayer, 2 against Depor and Nedved did not score a single goal so how can you justify that it was a clever buy

Oh okay you are saying we won the scudetto,if Inter were a reasonable team then we would have come out empty handed and these buys would have looked absolutely stupid but we did win so they look clever

Another point I do not know if you watch La liga a lot but I do not think Barc,a are entertaining, they do play a lot of dreadful matches and it was only under Cruyff that I could say they were really entertaining , sure they play briliantly in some games but on the whole they were not that good

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
i'm not agree with you in a lot of things but i will not reply to this one cause the argument will never end.

i just want to say: how dare you all, doubt buffon, thuram, salas and nedved ability?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)