Juventus Vs Newcastle (1 Viewer)

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvesta ] ++
No, Anastacia, i'm not really against lippi and hopefully others are not too.

i get your point, it's just that many wern't exactly happy with our performance last night. i just think that they are asking too much. we're playing much better than other 'big' teams.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
did you see his fancy footwork yesterday, he got away from about three defenders right on the edge of the box, with about three quick foot movements, great skill

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6.5, Iuliano 6, Montero 6, Moretti 6, Baiocco 6, Fresi sv, Tudor 6, Birindelli sv, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio sv, Trezeguet 6.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Iuliano 6.5, Montero 6, Moretti 6, Baiocco 6, Fresi sv, Tudor 6, Birindelli sv, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio sv, Trezeguet 6.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 6.5, Iuliano 6, Montero 6, Moretti 6, Baiocco 6, Fresi sv, Tudor 6, Birindelli sv, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio sv, Trezeguet 6.5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Iuliano 6, Montero 6, Moretti 6, Baiocco 6.5, Fresi sv, Tudor 5.5, Birindelli sv, Davids 5.5, Nedved 6, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio 6, Trezeguet 6.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7, Thuram 7, Iuliano 6, Montero 6, Moretti 5, Baiocco 5, Fresi sv, Tudor 6.5, Birindelli sv, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 8, Di Vaio sv, Trezeguet 7.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 7, Iuliano 6.5, Montero 6, Moretti 6, Baiocco 6, Fresi sv, Tudor 6, Birindelli sv, Davids 6, Nedved 6, Del Piero 7.5, Di Vaio sv, Trezeguet 6.

Well I think they were pretty generous with the marks for both Baiocco and Tudor as Baiocco looked out of his depth with sloppy passes and very poor ball control, while Tudor was exactly what he is and thats a defender told to play in the mf, he is not athletic enough to get away with it and too slow to be in the mf

Disagree with Dp being rested as he is on fire and scoring goals so this is not the time to rest him

We played poorly and thats the end of it, saying we will raise our game against big sides is just wishful thinking as we did not and could not do it last year so whats the sudden difference, its not like we bought with any creativity in mind and sadly the injured players just add stability but no creativity so nothing will change

I am reading that Camo was rested ad he looked tired, from what exactly, we have not played 10 official games and players are tired, that should not wash and never be used as an excuse.Milan squad is looking better and it has more quality but you do not hear that players are being rested at this stage of the saeson, do you

Anastacia says we won unlike other big teams , what big teams, apart from Roma. the other big teams in Europe are looking menacing

I guess its the kind of players that Lippi is comfy with, and Moggi likes that we are stuck with

This is not a knee jerk reaction its more of De ja vu , like last season is almost the same and whether we like it or not , our midfield cannot compete with Europe's elite

I shudder to think would have happened if Newcastle had the pace of Bellamy yesterday

Oct 2, 2002
i`m a newcastle fan who was at the match last night.
turin is very nice place with no juve supporters,everyone I talked to supported torino or milan!!.
I think bellamy would have made a big difference for us as I thought the juve cetral defence looked slow and static.
With del piero and nedved (and as usual the referee!!) in the team juve will always have a chance to score but I think juve are not in the same class as real madrid.
had a very good time in turin,people very friendly,even the police!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
welcome bilbo:cheesy:

I agree we are not in the same class as Real madrid, but then who is? they are amazing!

I have to say I was surprised you didn't put a man on the line for DP's freekick:eek: could have stopped a goal there!

Ah well, good luck getting in UEFA cup

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Anastacia says we won unlike other big teams , what big teams, apart from Roma. the other big teams in Europe are looking menacing
bayern munich, , deportivo, roma, man utd (until recently), leverkusen, inter (win matches but play badly, thats what most inter fans say), liverpool, and galatasaray ;)

Oct 2, 2002
by the way, thank you to the small number of juve fans who must have thought we were thirsty and threw bottles at us,
seems to me that turin is like manchester, man city is the most popular team in manchester and torino seems to be the most popular club in turin, and yes honestly i spoke to more milan fans in turin than juventus, sorry but it is true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)