Juventus Vs Newcastle (29 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
In tradition with most English teams, Newcastle arrived to Turin followed by many supporters. Among the many there was Sting. The singer, a Newcastle's supporter and in-love with the Italian country, was at the Delle Alpi to watch the match between the Magpies and Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Lippi is not the problem

We need a coach a Lippi is a splendid tactican

Look at what we had to put up with before him
Loti never again
Trapatoni has a much worse way with the players then Lippi

and the only coach I see being an improvement over Lippi is
Johan Cruyff and the chances of him coming are next to thing.
Maybe for long term Wegner could build something great but then Juve would have a french 'stench' about it.
Or maybe Americo Gallego who doesn't really care for tactics just lets his players play would be the solution but
I doubt it.....

Lippi is the best coach we have had in years
he gels with the organisation
Which is very important since they are the ones incharge of buy/sell in Italy.

Currently I see no other alternative.
When he left it was very diffiecult when he came back
it was great.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I didin't say he is not a gr8 coach but his chop and changing players i do not like

I don't care what anyone says Baiocco is not Juve material and Tudor is no midfielder

I am not looking for alternatives but i do wish he can just stop tinkering with the team all the time and trying to be too clever

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
A summary of the Milan match..............

INzaghi was Inzaghi first goal was a tapp in.
Second was a very good header.
he didn't miss any chances but he wasted so excellent passing oppertunities where Milan could of killed the game.

The Man of the Match was Seedorf who was behind both goals. First one he met a throw in turned away his man rushed towards the penalty area passed it at Rivaldo who flicked it onwards for Seedorf who rushed towards the Kahn. From a acute Angle. Seeing INzahgi being offside he made the pass to Inzaghi going diagonally backwards hence not playing the offside and Inzaghi scored.

Serginho to Seedorf. Seedorf makes a wonderful back flick concorde takes it on the flank and charges down.
Kovac attacks him and he fakes to go on the inside and tries to go around on the outside. Kovac reads it and reacts but can not manage to stop SErginho flicking a post for the near post.

Where a timely Inzaghi reveals himself ahead of the catastrophical Linke.

In Italian ratings I would give 7.5.
Worst player was Pirlo who slowed Milan's game down. was the easiest players for the Munich players to dribble.
And made many imprecise passes.
My Milan friend was very happy when he was finally subbed.

Pirlo would recive a 4.5 from me.

He is a waste of talent and investment........

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Congratulations everyone ...

Juve Won, are on top of the group, and DP scored. :extatic:
Milan won, Inzaghi scored twice and Munich is out :extatic:

Though, dispite these happy results, i'm very worried :scared: about Di Vaio's situation.
One Day people ( and himself) are bragging about the two goals he scored with his Head, and, now He has a HEAD injury (Ironic!)

I hope he gets well.....ignoring Juve's big lose, i would hate to see him out just as he was fitting in. (i hope we dont have another "Salas" situtation!! like kast year)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I don't care what anyone says Baiocco is not Juve material and Tudor is no midfielder
Both these points I agree on. Tudor's aerial ability is IMO wasted in midfield, and why did baiocco play as opposed to camoranesi?

James

Sep 27, 2002
I'd like to say first of all, that I'm a Juventus fan, but no way can
Juve win the Champions League with performances like that. The
midfield is simply nowhere near good enough and if, as seems likely Juve qualify for the second phase they better pray they don't draw Real Madrid,Arsenal,Man Utd,Valencia etc or they'll be
slaughtered. It's clear Juventus still haven't replaced Zidane and it shows big style, because if a competent, yet hardly formidable
side like Newcastle can outplay us at times, then we'll have big problems when we come up against the teams I've mentioned.
Thank god for Del Piero but he can't do it all the time.

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
In general we played nice in the match.

Just like many matches before, we were in chaos for the beginning 10 mins or so. During this period Di Vaio almost scored a header from Piero's corner, and then he was injured. Poor boy, good luck to him. Trezeguet was on for him. His first 2min's volley was refused by Given. Some minutes later he missed another chance with the ball over the bar. Thuram had a great match. He broke newcastle's left wing many times and served quite a few cross, but no one was there. In the first half Piero attempted a long shot and hit the crossbar. Great performance. He did even better in the second. In 66' he was tored behind by a newcastle player and fell to the ground just in front of their penalty area. The refree gave us a freekick. Piero's freekick flew over their defenders' heads into the net. What a goal! Trezeguet was unlucky and a little out of form. I believe last season's Trezegoal will be back soon, :). Later Nedved served the ball into their penalty area. Trezeguet left the ball passed and attract a defender. Piero got the ball, adjusted it and then shot. That's the second goal.
Buffon did well,too.

I feel that we lost ball too easily. Our defender made too many long passes. I don't like it. And its effect was bad. Maybe our midfielder's techinique wasn't good enough.

Le Sai

Oct 2, 2002
In response to inflammatory comments about Juve (see just above) I think its key to remember in Football to beat the opponents you see in front of you.

Juventus did that and thats a skill in itself, one that Man U have been trying to relearn. Great possesion means nothing at the end of the day without 'Killer Instinct'. The concentration to actually WIN.

Of course there is always room for improvement in any match but when one the OTHER big teams comes up against Juventus, then I am sure that they will give as good as they get.

And they have replaced Zidane. Pavel Nedved must be sick to death of comments like that. As I saw it last season, without his dilligence and technique, Juve most likely would not be Champions. ( I hate to resort to 'ifs' and 'buts' but I think there is some truth to this.)

James

Sep 27, 2002
First of all, Nedved is never in Zidane's class and he knows it.
Second, you need a good midfield to win the champions League
and at the moment Juve don't have one. Davids and Nedved are
both good players but their passing tonight wasn't accurate or
quick enough and Tudor is just a defender looking completely
lost in there, with neither the speed of thought or slight of foot
to make the grade in midfield. Juve simply don't dominate games
like they used to and that saddens me and while alex is on fire
at the moment, it simply won't be good enough to win us this trophy.
Finally, when is Ruben Oliviera going to play as I've heard good things about him and he might give us the spark we're missing.

kw_hamster

Aug 28, 2002
Definitely agree with you there.. Juve's weakest link is still their midfield.. Tudor is a defender who's just thrown into the wrong place.. and Ruben is rotting on the bench.. No disrespect to Lippi but the midfield is something he has to seriously look at improving (at least tactically with the players at his disposal) and not continue with his current lineups.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
First of all, thank god DiVaio is O.K. He had a serious clash of heads, then hit his head on the ground when he fell. I think he was knocked out even before he hit the ground. Seeing him
not respond to smelling salt, watching them pull his tongue out of his throat (for fear that he would choke on it), and then giving him oxygen as they took him away in an ambulance was a very scary situation.

as far as the game went, WE SUCKED !!! Newcastle controlled the game, passed more efficiently, etc. Anyone who thinks we had any control of this game must be crazy !!!

Dp's free kick that led to the goal was given to him out of pure luck. He dove at the edge of the box, he will not get that call every time.

trez looked like shit, he missed a few opportunities that he should have capitalized on, and moved too gingerly on too many plays.If hes not in match shape, dont play him !!! It wouldnt have mattered anyways, putting Salas in is a waste of time- I'm sure Lippi knows this. If he leaves- GOOD RIDDANCE !!!

Reality check- WE WILL NOT BEAT THE LIKES OF MAN U, REAL MADRID OR AC MILAN PLAYING THE WAY WE DID TODAY !!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)