Juventus Vs Newcastle (8 Viewers)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
I hope it's not too serious.

From previous incidents, like when Zidane headbutted a HSV player (I think it was Barbarez), it took him about 3 weeks to recover. Once a friend banged his head to the floor while playing Handball, it took him just about 2 or 3 days to fully recover.

I certainly hope Di Vaio's situation isn't any more serious than these two.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Good news for Mark di Vaio. Exited in the 19' of the first half for a knock on the head in a crash with O' Brien, the forward have been carried to the Molinette hospital of Turin where he has been subordinate to a TAC that has given a negative outcome. Endured after, the player has been transferred to the clinical Fornaca where he will remain for 24 hours.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
why does everyone insist on talking about Milan in the Juve match thread?? there's more about pippo than delpiero! :(

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Here is the article:

The first player to leave Juventus in January could well be Marcelo Salas.

He has made it clear to the Chilean press that he wants to leave Turin. Following the signing of Marco Di Vaio, he looks set to spend much of the season on the bench and will not be content with starting roles only in the Coppa Italia.

The player looks to have two options, one English (Tottenham) and one Spanish (Barcelona), with the latter the most probable.

Meanwhile, Juve may also reopen talks for the signings of River Plate stars Andres Alessandro and Fernando Cavenaghi.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I can't see us selling him in the middle of the season. See this is why depth is so hard. If you lack depth and someone gets hurt or loses form, then you need anotehr good player. If you have a lot of depth, unless someone gets hurt or isn't playing well, not everyone will be able to play so they will get upset.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Salas won't get a chance at another club like Juve. They're all well staffed. If he leaves it's a step down. The only thing he can do is work for a chance, and that means scoring, above all.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
MY RATINGS:

Buffon: One great save, one miscalculated parry out, but looked assured for the rest of the game, so a 7

Thuram: Brilliant performance, immaculate in defence and also very impressive and fast going forward 8.5

Montero: Great, organised the defence superbly, calm on the ball, looked assured throughout 7

Iuliano: One of his better performances. Good in the air, on the ground, and at bringing the ball out from defence 7.5

Moretti: Squandered a couple of good possibilities going forward, but worked tirelessly getting forward, creating a couple of good opportunities and perfomed OK defensively 6.5

Baiocco: Didn't particularly impress me, gave the ball away quite a bit, but having said that he got forward well, couple of good crosses, and worked hard to regain possession. 6.5

Davids: Started off not very well but improved as the game went on, as he started to find more room he became a real menace for Newcastle defence 7

Tudor: Great in the air, won many headers, and was harshly penalised by the ref for leaning, when he did nothing wrong. good solid tackler, so quite good all round performance 7

Nedved: Worked hard, crossing the ball was very good, but when Griffin was subbed off, he got a lot of room and became very influential 7

Trezeguet: Overall, he did well, though he could have done better with a couple of close chances. His volley in the first half was sublime, and great dummy for Del Piero's second goal 7

Del Piero: Showed great touches of skill, and caused the defence no end of problems, hitting the bar, then scoring a fantastic freekick before a deflected second 9

btw plexus, my name is Tom :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I guess those aren't Italian ratings, not one player getting a 6, Tom ;)
And DP getting a 9 :eek:

he have to score about 7 to get an 8 with Italian ratings :eek:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd like to quote the commentator in England:

'the referee is the biggest player on the pitch tonight'

'well width ways at least'
:LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)