Juventus Vs Newcastle (1 Viewer)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
I wonder what happens if Sir Bobby Robson decides to do this.

Take out Lua Lua and play Viana behind Shearer. A 4-5-1 formation. Sure Shearer will have to do the job himself, but picture this, fast wingers (if in fine form considered hazardous) and Viana will spray the ball around from the centre, supported by Dyer.

God, than it'll be one helluva match. I just hope it'll be some exciting thriller.

Gonna watch this match from the comfort of my room.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
interesting point....i think the wings can cause a lot of problems, but just put Iuliano to Man-Mark shearer and he can be enough to cancell shearer out.

juve should handel NewCastle without problems.....i expect (and hope) a lot of Magic from DP since NC's defense is Weak.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
This is only a difficult game
if we choose to make it one

It can be very easy as long as we dictate whats on the pitch on don't join in in NewCastles
running and physical english style of football......

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Set Tudor to mark Shearer. Let's see the sob get away now :fero::devil: And even if he decided to play one of his brilliant elbows, Tudor's face is waay up there, not easy to reach ;):D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
2-1 for this match,
dp 1',2'
given 90'
:D
and yes i agree bout marking shearer cos he's dangerous but it's also cos our players wouldn't be able to mark our solano/dyer/viana anyway.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
We could put Ferrara on him since Shearer lacks pace.....

About sumersalting over Buffon
let him summersault all he wants its not gonna help them to score goals........

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Lua Lua could be dangerous. I think Montero is the right man to mark him. As for Shearer, he could be dangerous as long as there's good passes and crosses especially if there's some space for him. Such hard working for our defender.
But I hope Juve will win tonight. Umm...maybe 2-0.:)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
there's always mr lua lua who can somersault over buffon
Lua who ?? :D Just kidding, I think the guy is a good player, but not that brilliant, (LuaLua=Zalayeta) !! :D

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
I think we should do strongly so long as we keep our heads and play with the same determination we've been displaying (with a few notable exceptions)
Forza Juve!

Anyway guys, see you in a week, I wanna see good things in this thread :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Juventus FC striker Alessandro Del Piero has warned his side not to underestimate Tuesday night's UEFA Champions League opponents Newcastle United FC despite the English side's failure to pick up a single point from their first two games.

England memory
The match will be an emotional return to the Stadio Delle Alpi for Newcastle manager Sir Bobby Robson who, with England, lost a FIFA World Cup semi-final there on penalties against Germany in 1990. Regardless of the history, Del Piero said Newcastle would be fired up when Group E's bottom club face the leaders.

'No easy games'
"There are no easy games in Europe these days and Tuesday's game is very important for us ," said Del Piero. "They [Newcastle] haven't had a great start so they will want to make amends but it is very important for us to win because that would see us take a big step towards qualification to the second stage ."

'Very focused'
The Italian international added: "We have to be very focused on the night, very motivated and very enthusiastic ." Juventus have certainly done just that in their first two Champions League outings, earning a 1-1 draw in Rotterdam against Feyenoord before beating FC Dynamo Kyiv 5-0 last week.

Trezeguet waiting
The in-form Del Piero will lead the attack with Marco Di Vaio the favourite to partner him while David Trezeguet and Marcelo Salas wait on the bench. Trezeguet has been out for almost two months with a knee injury, but played for 20 minutes against Dynamo. Igor Tudor could also return to start the game in central midfield in the likely absence of Alessio Tacchinardi.

Shearer threat
Juventus coach Marcello Lippi said his team would face tough opposition, despite Newcastle's mixed start to the season. "With a player such as Alan Shearer, who is a big, strong player with lots of international experience, and a quick midfield with players such as [Nolberto] Solano, [Kieron] Dyer and [Hugo] Viana, you have to be very careful ," he said.

'We have to win'
Newcastle lost their first two games against Dynamo and Feyenoord but captain Shearer believes his team can get a result. He said: "Juventus have a great team with great players such as Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet but we haven't gone to Torino just to make up the numbers. We have to try to win against Juventus in order to stay in the Champions League ."

Bellamy banned
Shearer could be employed as a lone striker as fellow attacker Craig Bellamy starts a three-game suspension, although Robson could also opt to play Shola Ameobi or Lomano Lua Lua alongside the former England striker.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Newcastle have everything to fight for.

And with Parma drawing Juve at Turin... I think the match will end up 3-3

Juventus 3 - 3 Newcastle
Dp (2) Shearer
Nedved Robert
Viana

OP
Ronaldinhoisgod
Aug 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    These are the players that could harm juve
    -Robert very fast left mid good skill and some european experience with PSG although he was having a dig at his own team mates mid week
    -Dyer again very pacey has a good shot and good passing ability has not been playing that well recently.
    -Lua Lua / Viana both these players could play but they are both very skillful esp. Lumana Tresor Lua Lua he does have a bag of tricks.

the other newcastle players are nothing special and i include shearer in this bracket now as he has little or no pace not that much skill although still an accurate shot.

Dp (and nedved if he plays well) should kill the newcastle defence

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
    from soocerage

09/30/2002. BACKGROUND

Juventus hope to build on their last impressive Champions League performance and keep the lead of the qualifying group E when they host Newcastle on Tuesday evening at the Delle Alpi stadium.

The Bianconeri were simply irresistible last week against Dinamo Kiev. The Ukrainian side came from an impressive hom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)