Juventus Vs Newcastle (2 Viewers)

OP
Ronaldinhoisgod
Aug 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    I wont be on the net on wednesday ill be glued to my lovely telly with ITV 2.

But i admit its stupid putting Man u against weak opposition on itv 1 ahead of JUVE vs newcastle

Man u suck

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ronaldinhoisgod ] ++
    I wont be on the net on wednesday ill be glued to my lovely telly with ITV 2.

But i admit its stupid putting Man u against weak opposition on itv 1 ahead of JUVE vs newcastle

Man u suck
    Its all about the ratings and Man united are far more popular than Newcastle, no matter who they are playing

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    still it doesn't really matter, its on at least, the fact its on ITV2 doesn't bother me, since it could just as easily not be on at all...

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    that's just silly...
    Why is it silly? The tv company is there to make the best ratings they can make , not to please just Juve fans in England.

Btw i am sure you do not know that they stopped showing live matches on terrestial tv on wednesday becasue it clashes with a soap opera, now thats silly to us men

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It's silly that Man Utd automatically draws the best ratings even if they're up against some unknown east european club... don't the English want to see other, bigger teams occasionally?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    They probably do but they do show the other game late at night though in full

But you have to understand that Man United are the most popular club in England and I am sure it happens in Holland where the most popular team is shown more than the others on Tv

They are showing Newcastle vs Juve but thats on cable and to be fair its only the knowledgable football fan who watches foreing football, the average English fan is only interested in English football

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    But Newcastle is the 2nd most popular club in England!

Ok, well so they got the 2nd most biggest stadium in St. James' Park... which doesn't mean that they are the 2nd most popular club in England... :wallbang:

But I'm a Juventus and Newcastle supporter... so this will be one helluva match for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)