Juventus vs. Newcastle on 7-29-07 (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's understandable that Ranieri wants to try to make the Tiago/Almiron partnership work. I wouldn't give up on it just yet, afterall, they need time to get used to playing with each other.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
1) Iaquinta was our best striker, he ran had a few counter attacks, but shot most out, but he just came back from an injury
2) Newcastle start their season in 2 weeks, so its natural that their fitness is going to be better, its only natural. Considering they start on the 11th of August and we just started pre-season, we did quite well.
3) the score did not reflect the match, we had much better chances, we played fluently, we gave them scares, we just weren't deadly infront of goal.
4) I don't know why Ranieri let Nedved play the whole game, i would have replaced him with ADP and gone to a 4-3-3 formation.
5) Zebina made two mistakes in the whole game, and those two mistakes led to goals. Molinaro played quite shitty IMO and made quite a few mistakes. Keep Giorgio, he is much better
6) Andrade is a rock, nothing got past him, he made absolutely no mistakes, he was one of our best players.
7) Grygera does not seem comfortable in the middle, he was making mistakes, due to fitness, but still i believe we should still buy another CB.
8) Trezeguet was quite quiet but he managed to get some shots away which made Given work.
9) Marchionni was impressive, always running, taking on defenders, crossing, shooting. If his aim was better goals would have happened cause of him.
10) Buffon did not have much to do, and the goals where not his fault. The penalty was always going to be hard, and Carroll's goal was unlucky, as gigi made a great save from Martins and pushed it to the side, as he is supposed to, but unfortunately there was carroll who was running in
11) Milner is Newcastle's best player and i believe he could replace Nedved cause he fights for every ball, never gives up, has high stamina, is good on either foot and has a good shot

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Tiago could be a great player for us next to a really good defensive midfielder but we don't have anyone outstanding in that position and right now Almiron is outperforming him so yeah.. bench.
Nocerino is the real deal. This guy is a beast and needs to see the field against Hamburg. I think Nocerino and Almiron will give us everything we want in the CM, with Tiago coming off the bench as an option to increase attack late in games when we are down and Zanetti as and option when we are ahead. As was discussed in the DM Thread... the position enables everyone else to do their jobs in attack without having to look over their shoulder. I put my money on Nocerino being able to do a stellar job.

Ajmel

Aug 20, 2006
I thought about going down to the game, but I couldn't be arsed going 4 hours for a friendly game, especially since I didn't know how strong a team we would play.

Glad I didn't go now given the performance and DP not getting on.
I got up at 7:am, got a train from Manchester at 9:12am, got to Newcastle at train station at about 11:45'ish.

I then ate some food and waited for a few hours for the Juventus coach to turn up, there were a few Italians behind me screaming to give you some sort of idea of the kind of screaming and shouting, take this video, listen to the gay cry and then add someone calling out each and every Juventus players name as they walked out of the coach.

I laughed hard, I was completely caught off-guard by their hideous / "passionate" chanting of names.

I then had to sit in the middle of 100's of Newcastle supporters, it did'nt bother me too much, I just enjoyed the game regardless of result.

I then waited another two hours after the game for the Juventus players to come out, Buffon came out first, to an AMAZING ovation, I myself could'nt believe it at first, then it died down and then they booed him and he then did autographs for almost everyone, as you can see in the pictures I've already posted.

The best part was when the coach started moving off at a snails pace, all the Juventus Players on the left side of the coach [Trezeguet, Del Piero, Buffon, Nedved, Almirion, Chiellini] and a few others were looking out of the coach window, I gave a thumbs up, I bowed and they all laughed, well worth the wait.

Then I got the 7:20pm train back to Manchester and got back at 10:30pm.

What a long day :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How are they not similar players. They are both average defenders, they are both good passers. They both have good long range shots and are creative? What tiny little fact are you going to uncover now?
For the Last fucking time. Almiron is a deep-lying playmaker who comes back to pick up the ball from the defense. Tiago is an all-action midfielder who is better at defending than Almiron, does not have the same passing ability, and plays several positions in midfield. Tiago does everything very well. If you can't see that, don't watch football.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
For the Last fucking time. Almiron is a deep-lying playmaker who comes back to pick up the ball from the defense. Tiago is an all-action midfielder who is better at defending than Almiron, does not have the same passing ability, and plays several positions in midfield. Tiago does everything very well. If you can't see that, don't watch football.
I didn't see Tiago do everything well today? My point was, neither of them defend properly and infront of a shitty defense it doesn't and never will work. Give Nocerino a shot, the destroyer is a crucial element of every club. BTW, you need to relax, almost every post you write, not just to me, is extremely combative. I know you must be depressed since you spend you college life sitting at the computer all day, but you don't have to take that out on all of us. Thanks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tiago creative? Nah.. :D

I think Andy's just pissed that his boy Tiago is sucking.
He might have sucked this match, but give me a break... it was his first real friendly. And stand by Tiago because he's always been a damn good player and very respectable professional. After hearing your opinions on Cannavaro, perhaps I think you don't care about respect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)