Juventus vs. Fiorentina in Toronto, May 25 (2 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Now that my computer is back to normal, I can finally get back on here, and give my match report.

At about 12 noon, I was on the Gardiner Expressway and drove by the Rogers Centre and noticed that the retractable roof was closed. Mind you, it was almost 30 degrees Celsius, so I figured it must be for the benefit of the players to play in an air-conditioned environment.

As soon as I saw the field, which was astroturf and seemed too short, I knew that this was a fiasco in the making. The air conditioning wasnt on, and the seats seemed a little too close for comfort for me. I had the "pleasure" of having three 20 year old kids seated directly behind me who acted as commentators throughout the entire game. One was an Intertista, and I swore I was a part of the tv program "The Soccer Fanatics" that airs on TLN.

Now to the game, it seemed to me that the players looked at this place and decided to turn this into a kickabout, or something of a training match. At least thats what the Juve players did. All the frustration of this season was live, right in front of my face. Grosso was owned left and right, Zebina was sloppy, Diego couldnt put anything together, Amauri was ineffective, and DP couldnt do it all alone.

For me, the player of the match was Jovetic. He was always dangerous, and besides a miffed free kick on the shit turf (not to mention Brandao's snapped achilles on the shit), he was great. One other Viola player who I didnt know (black dude with an Arab last name) was also good.

The highlight of my night was meeting Don Bes and Max. I didnt realise just how big a guy Don is (only saw him sitting in the lawnchair :) ) but it was nice to finally meet someone from our forum who I've talked to/debated with for the last few years... a class guy all the way. Max was also a good guy (looks younger than I imagined)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
You should see Besmir. I'm 5'7" or 5'8" (1.73 m) and I was barely up to his shoulder. Vinny is a bit taller than me, but he's built. Oh, and I think I just barely surpassed his wife in height. :lol:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I nearly splooged when I saw that lineup, by the way. Padoin...AND Brandao? They should've charged $200 a pop.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
@Vinman : I too thought that the black guy was good, Babacar is the name ur looking for i believe. He impressed me when i watched the game, and Jovetic was definitely the best. DP was good but as u perfectly said it, couldnt do it all on his own, and Amauri = dreadful.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Yep. I didn't believe it and I didn't check my pictures, but Bes told me about it at half time. He was on the other side of the pitch, so I didn't really notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)