Juventus vs. Fiorentina in Toronto, May 25 (1 Viewer)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Highlight of this match was halftime because I met Bes and Vinny, the legends in the flesh!

Anyways, there was a match too. The pitch was total shit: it was the fake stuff with ground rubber to make it look like dirt. Jovetic put on a show in the first half, faded in the second. Amauri was Amauri, and yes, he did play the full 90 minutes. Del Piero was given an ovation off the pitch and was loved by all. Alberbo didn't put Trezeguet on, opting for Paolucci instead.

The crowd gave Del Piero the ovation, really took to Grosso since he's the people's hero, and posed for pictures with Zaccheroni prior to the game. I really think they had no clue who this man was. They heckled some players (Zebina a lot, even though Grosso is 100x worse), and they sang some songs. Boh.

Too many people who didn't know anything about Juventus were making comments and analyzing the match, and after a while (ie. the first 5 minutes) it got incredibly annoying. Vinny had the same problem, I believe.

In general, Juventus didn't give a fuck and it really showed. Both teams didn't want to play on that turf (I don't blame them), and yes, that showed too. Of course no one should miss up the opportunity to watch the team they love, but it's really hard to watch the game when the team you want to win shows zero passion. I guess you could say it was an authentic experience since it was basically a Serie A performance.

My pictures are all shitty. I'll sift through them later.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Yeah screw the performance, seeing Juve live for the first time trumps any victory imo. Of course next time I go see them they better damn win :D

Jan 7, 2004
It was though such a big let down seeing those guys not give a fuck in front of a crowd dressed in juve jerseys that was like 5 times bigger than at delle alpi. I did yell 'david' at the top of my lungs and trezeguet kinda turned his head my way

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

It was though such a big let down seeing those guys not give a fuck in front of a crowd dressed in juve jerseys that was like 5 times bigger than at delle alpi. I did yell 'david' at the top of my lungs and trezeguet kinda turned his head my way
Yeah, that's messed up. Especially after such a season, you'd think they'd appreciate the fans more.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I just got back from Toronto. High light of the whole match was Jovetic. He is so lethal, and such a nice and down to earth guy, he stayed for 30 min after the match to sign for the fans, and took off all of his cloth except for the underwear and throw it to the fans. They had to call the Viola managements and Prandelli to get him off the field because they needed to close, once he was walking by us he pointed to his head that he had to shower. Such a nice guy and down to earth. Our players are so STUCK UP except for Del piero :heart. None of the Juve players signed anything or bothered to wave when we yelled. We were sitting right behind the Juve bench, and we screamed our hearts out for David, but he didn't bother to acknowledge it. Just a quick turn after like 10 minute. They didn't want to be there. I met Prandelli and got his signature on my 2002-2003 Juve Jersey, but I i wanted to have my picture taken with him but I was so excited to do so, so I snapped a close picture of him and he signed the Jersey. and I also Met S. Frey who after taking a shower decided to meet the fans. I have many good pictures and videos and I will upload them in the upcoming days

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I was at the game, it was fun to see my team here in Toronto, especially to see Del Piero, Diego, and Amauri (even though Amauri gets on my nerves). Zaccheroni was at the helm for this match, not Del Neri.

What I noticed was the youth played a much more exciting game (towards the end, when more were put on) Esposito looks very aggressive, and will move the ball. Yago has talent, Marrone has talent, etc. I hope we see more of our youngsters next season with Del Neri.

Also, Juventus missed many chances. We missed an open tip-in from Amauri, it was crossed in from Diego and Amauri missed it. Paolucci and Yago missed some pretty easy shots too.

Sad to see Juve lose twice in their two-match tour however, the crowd was great and I am so proud to bleed black and white still no matter what situation we're in.

Forza Juve!

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I just got back from Toronto. High light of the whole match was Jovetic. He is so lethal, and such a nice and down to earth guy, he stayed for 30 min after the match to sign for the fans, and took off all of his cloth except for the underwear and throw it to the fans. They had to call the Viola managements and Prandelli to get him off the field because they needed to close, once he was walking by us he pointed to his head that he had to shower. Such a nice guy and down to earth. Our players are so STUCK UP except for Del piero :heart. None of the Juve players signed anything or bothered to wave when we yelled. We were sitting right behind the Juve bench, and we screamed our hearts out for David, but he didn't bother to acknowledge it. Just a quick turn after like 10 minute. They didn't want to be there. I met Prandelli and got his signature on my 2002-2003 Juve Jersey, but I i wanted to have my picture taken with him but I was so excited to do so, so I snapped a close picture of him and he signed the Jersey. and I also Met S. Frey who after taking a shower decided to meet the fans. I have many good pictures and videos and I will upload them in the upcoming days
I love Jovetic and Prandelli a lot!, beside the talent they're too humble, man I'm too excited about those pics, shower us in the multimedia section asap! ;)

it seems like these tours are also a part of THE PROJECT of losing supporters and reducing the fan base, obviously Viola made more fans and we lost some

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)