Juventus VS Atalanta (2 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Marcello Lippi was quite serene and confident when he entered the press room the day before the start of the Serie A. There’s the desire of beginning a season in which the blackandwhites will play in different competitions and with the “scudetto“ on the shirt to be defended.

As usual, Marcello Lippi spoke to the team and, when he arrived in the press room, he spoke of his sensations to the journalists: “I tried to express to the players the trust I’ve got in them. I told them that we’ll have to play a beautiful and difficult season, to be faced with the usual formula: humilty, participation and having the same goals. I don’t know if we are the strongest or the most spectacular, but for me it’s important for Juve to be concrete, to be able to play good football: these things have always been the best “weapons” of my Juve. All the players are really important, we have to be aware of our abilities. If we’ll understand all these things, at the end of the season we’ll obtain something important, as it happened in the past.

About the team for tomorrow’s match the coach from Viareggio had no doubt :”It’s the one I tried during the training. In the offense Del Piero and Di Vaio will be the starters . I spoke with Salas, he’s doing well and he’s getting better but he lacks something and it wouldn’t be right for him to be a starter because he hasn’t got the resistance for the whole 90 minutes and during the match it may happen I have to do three substitutions. So I can’t risk”. Lippi can’t count on Davids, disqualified, nor on the injured Conte, Iuliano, Olivera, Pessotto, Trezeguet, Tudor and Zambrotta . The young Paro will go then on the bench.

Lippi introduced this way Atalanta, which played quite well in the pre-season: “It’s enough to say that Atalanta beat both Roma and Inter in friendly matches, playing in the same way with different players. That means Atalanta is a team which can use different solutions”.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ACUG

Sep 14, 2002
we have a lot of players missing this weekend. But i'm guessing that Tudor and Davids missing this game will mean that they will play against Feyernood mid week.

And Lippi's comments on Salas are great as well as it looks liek he is still planning on that 3 attackers of di vaio, del piero and salas.

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
last night roma lost against boglona and u may know each team who want to be in champion course in italy only permit loose three matches (in average).

all in all i want to say this beginnig games are vital for us and juve must win .

ACUG

Sep 14, 2002
i agree, losing more than 3 or 4 matches in a season will mean no scudetto for Roma or any other team who does.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Looking at the fixtures, I think we should win in our first 4 matches (against Atalanta, Empoli, Parma, and Como) before facing Inter in the 5th match, that would be crucial !!

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
inter.... pfffft
we can take 'em :D

not only do we have the team to beat them with... but our uniforms are much more stylish than theirs :cool:

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
From juventus.com match-tracker for this game...

<b>Juventus</b
Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Moretti, Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Nedved, Baiocco, Del Piero, Di Vaio
Subs: Chimenti, Birindelli, Zenoni, Fresi, Zalayeta, Salas, Paro

<b>Atalanta</b>
Taibi, Foglio, Sala, Zauri, Bellini, Gautieri, Zenoni, Berretta, Doni, Rossini, Inacio
Subs: Calederoni, Rustico, Rinaldi, Dabo, Pinardi, Liolidis, Bianchi

Referee is Paparesta.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
we are moaning a lot today, aren't we!:D

btw the Juve team is not that impressive, baiocco and moretti and camoranesi better be good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)