Juventus VS Atalanta (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Only a few days are left before defending Serie A Champions Juventus make their title-defence,so it is time for me to write up my predictions.

PREDICTION
Scudetto and Supercup holders Juventus lock horns with inform Atalanta in the 1st round of matches in Italy's Serie A on Sunday. Juve will be the odds on favourites,but the Bergamasc will by no means be pushovers. I predict that the Old Lady will struggle a bit but the Atalanta defence may find it hard to keep the likes of Czech maestro Pavel Nedved,prolific striker Marco Di Vaio,and an Alessandro Del Piero growing in confidence and regaining his old touch that made him one of the world's best quiet. The visitors will fight hard,but the blackandwhites will grind out a win.

Juventus 2 Atalanta 1

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
I think we should hope to win them. Im not really too concerned about the result, rather its the 3 points that i want to see. I we manage to win our first league game, I think it will be a great morale boost to the whole team for the CL, just so they feel confident of their ability to retain the title....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
hey wassssssup kenny?:cool:

I dunno why we're at delle alpi..I asked that question a couple of days ago and nobody replied:fero:
City council must have blocked our plans again I guess... :confused:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Ciro Ferrara should start in the Atalanta game as defender Mark Iuliano bruised his left foot during a training session.

Davide Baiocco replaces the suspended Edgar Davids. The Dutchman was banned following a violent scuffle with Milan’s Cosmin Contra during a pre-season friendly tournament.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Ciro Ferrara should start in the Atalanta game as defender Mark Iuliano bruised his left foot during a training session.

Davide Baiocco replaces the suspended Edgar Davids. The Dutchman was banned following a violent scuffle with Milan’s Cosmin Contra during a pre-season friendly tournament.

how did he score a goal against that little team then?

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Probable lineups from gazzetta.it...

Juventus(4-3-1-2): Buffon-Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Moretti-Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Baiocco, Nedved-Salas, Del Piero
Subs: Chimenti, Tudor, Birindelli, Zenoni, Fresi, Di Vaio, Zalayeta
Injured: Zambrotta, Pessotto, Iuliano, Conte, Trezeguet
Suspended: Davids

Atalanta(4-3-2-1): Taibi-Foglio, Carrera, Sala, Bellini-Zenoni, Zauri, Beretta-Gautieri, Doni-Rossini
Subs: Calderoni, Rinaldi, Dabo, Rustico, Pinardi, Pia', Bianchi
Injured: Javorcic, Natali, Minelli, Fabiano, Santos, Comandini

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Davids played that friendly because he's only suspended for 'official' matches .. Zambro is short of fitness, I think ..as he just returned from injury ..

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
Febrina i know what u mean :) , but tudor still unfitt and di vaio needs to play more with the group to consider juve's tactics he needs to play 3-4 games as a sub before he gain starting role
I see....But I hope Di vaio will soon being on the 1st lineup. I wanna see him play with our team :)

btw, Nedved will play as trequartista?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Nedved will most likely play as a trequartista. I like the lineup,but I believe Di Vaio should start instead of "El Matador".

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
Player called for the match:(davids was included in the list, strange)
1 Gianluigi Buffon (goalkeeper)
2 Ciro Ferrara (defender)
3 Alessio Tacchinardi (midfielder)
4 Paolo Montero (defender)
6 Salvatore Fresi (defender)
9 Marcelo Salas (forward)
10 Alessandro Del Piero (forward)
11 Pavel Nedved (midfielder)
12 Antonio Chimenti (goalkeeper)
14 Cristian Zenoni (defender)
15 Alessandro Birindelli (defender)
16 Mauro Camoranesi (midfielder)
18 Marco Di Vaio (forward)
20 Davide Baiocco (midfielder)
21 Lilian Thuram (defender)
22 Landry Bonnefoi (goalkeeper)
24 Emiliano Moretti (defender)
25 Marcelo Zalayeta (forward)
26 Edgar Davids (midfielder)
37 Matteo Paro (midfielder)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)