Juventus under pressure (1 Viewer)

Do you believe football is clean (of doping)?

• On the whole, yes

• I doubt it

• It would surprise me greatly

• Whatever the case, we will never know

Results are only viewable after voting.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
K10, Creatine is very different from proteine, right? What exactly does it do? Makes musles grow at a faster rate?
It helps develop muscle growth by allowing you to train for longer. It's effectively the fuel your muscles use to move in its raw form - none of this food nonsence! It's present in meat, but not in the quantities athletes and bodybuilders use. It's not a steroid however, and isn't illegal or banned.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Gianpiero Ventrone : "primi anni, in ritiro, portavamo a termine volumi di lavoro quattro volte superiori a quelli di qualsiasi altra squadra di A, lavorando 8-9 ore al giorno. E' stato questo il nostro doping".
anybody care to translate?! And yeah, there's nothing wrong with creatine, I use it too... 2grams per gym day...

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

but that doesn't change the fact that Juve have done something really wrong... But yes, so have the others and their still not being prosecuted, and you're probably right why...
To be clear, The doctors are on trial, not Juventus as there has been no charges/evidence the club knew what was happening. Some sport doctors become unethical just like players and coaches may be.

Also, WADA is an independent organization but of course the IOC supports it, as do many other sports organizations. Its a huge joke here with the baseball players not allowing proper testing.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Giraudo is in trial too you know, he even might go to jail... :down: Besides, you really believe that the coaches and the the directors didn't knew anything about 150substances that the Italian anti-doping committee found?! I can't remember how many of those substances we're forbidden though... Anyway they found nandrolon too, but we cannot be prosecuted about it... I'm reallly worried, that's all... :scared:

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Giraudo is in trial too you know, he even might go to jail... :down: Besides, you really believe that the coaches and the the directors didn't knew anything about 150substances that the Italian anti-doping committee found?! I can't remember how many of those substances we're forbidden though... Anyway they found nandrolon too, but we cannot be prosecuted about it... I'm reallly worried, that's all... :scared:
#1. They never found Nandrolone!

#2. Eleven of those 159 medical substances are on the black list.
Non of those drugs are really listed as "hard drugs" as far as I know
so you have to know how to use them to gain something from them!

btw. if you think that all other teams medic lab's just have
aspirine and Multi Vitamin tablets then think again!

K10

Jul 12, 2002
K10, Creatine is very different from proteine, right? What exactly does it do? Makes musles grow at a faster rate?
It's supposed to give you extra energy to train longer and also speed up the growth of muscles.

I didn't seem to benefit from it. Never noticed any big difference in terms of energy but my friends noticed it and they say it works.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Really? Well I asked my trainer, he assured me its 100% safe. Then again, he was the one who sold me the stuff so he was probably pursuading me to buy it in the first place.

I am still alive, haven't used it in like, a year and a half. Still have half a bottle on me right now but the powder is all stuck together as it wasn't in use.

Maybe I should just go take the rest of it in one go, maybe I will die, if I am that lucky.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

anybody care to translate?! And yeah, there's nothing wrong with creatine, I use it too... 2grams per gym day...
Gianpiero Ventrone : "primi anni, in ritiro, portavamo a termine volumi di lavoro quattro volte superiori a quelli di qualsiasi altra squadra di A, lavorando 8-9 ore al giorno. E' stato questo il nostro doping".

Gianpiero Ventrone: In the first years, in the training camp, we make quantity of work four times higher then anyother team in Serie A. Working 8-9 hours a day. That was our doping.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Really? Well I asked my trainer, he assured me its 100% safe. Then again, he was the one who sold me the stuff so he was probably pursuading me to buy it in the first place.

I am still alive, haven't used it in like, a year and a half. Still have half a bottle on me right now but the powder is all stuck together as it wasn't in use.

Maybe I should just go take the rest of it in one go, maybe I will die, if I am that lucky.
No, I actually do not know if it hurts the body or not. That's just the way I was stereotyping creatine- as something that might hurt the body. Damn media :)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
But they claimed that we had nandrolon in the document, didn't they (it was the first, "unofficial search")?! I can't remember for sure, it was a week ago... :D Hopefully you can refresh my memory in somepoints Juventino... :) Anyway, this is still bad, really bad, eleven is a high number... :down:

And again, there's nothing wrong with creatine, it just helps to train harder and grows the muscle bit faster...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
If there's nothing wrong with creatine, why is it illegal? :)
at least it's not illegal in here... It's quite common actually... I've understand that it's just banned for athletes in some countries... :confused: But illegal, really?! :confused:

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
But they claimed that we had nandrolon in the document, didn't they (it was the first, "unofficial search")?! I can't remember for sure, it was a week ago... :D Hopefully you can refresh my memory in somepoints Juventino... :) Anyway, this is still bad, really bad, eleven is a high number... :down:

And again, there's nothing wrong with creatine, it just helps to train harder and grows the muscle bit faster...
well I don't know what I can say that will refresh your memory! ;)
I saw the documentary for a month ago, hehe!
But I remember that they made it clear that during the raid nandrolone was never found...

perhaps a misunderstanding occurred for you when they were talking about Davids being caught using Nandrolone, but then they said that would not take a part in this trial since nandrolone was not found during the raid!???

Nandrolone is normally used by very sick ppl. Cancer/leukaemia patients
as far as I know. So if that had been found we would be in a much, much darker place right now!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

perhaps a misunderstanding occurred for you when they were talking about Davids being caught using Nandrolone, but then they said that would not take a part in this trial since nandrolone was not found during the raid!???
Probably your right, that's how it went... :)

But come on mods, make a poll about sport ethics, do you believe in clean football (and Juventus)?!

Jul 28, 2002
i dont think the world of football is totally clean, there will be teams out there with doping schemes to help players, but im not sure if it is the top teams in the big leagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)