Juventus under pressure (1 Viewer)

Do you believe football is clean (of doping)?

• On the whole, yes

• I doubt it

• It would surprise me greatly

• Whatever the case, we will never know

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
American sports are filthy, with soccer probably being the exception.

Baseball has admitted that most of its top players made heavy use of steroids, but the league chooses to look the other way. NFL and NHL have had problems, but nothing compared to baseball. As for Olympic sports, this country should not even be allowed to send athletes. Track & Field (Athletics) all doped, Swim & Diving, cycling doped, doped and doped.

Fifa should always act independently of anything the corrupt IOC proposes. WADA rules should never govern and taint football. Fifa can keep its own house in order.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
I think all other major sports now use "clean methods", except for football. I am not sure, but I think that Int-l Olympic Committee even wanted to ban FIFA from participating in the Olympics if they didn't sign an agreement with that Doping Agency.
A lot of them do, several of the American sports organisations being obvious exceptions. That said, it doesn't make them clean. Running and swimming for example are absolutely full of drugs, Wada or no Wada.

And yes, there was a threat that football wouldn't be a part of the next Olympics if FIFA didn't sign up to WADA, though I don't know where that stands.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
fill me in on the wada's rules if you may?
An automatic 2 year ban for failing a drugs ban is the only one I'm aware of, but AFAIK they're generally much stricter than FIFA's. I bet Davids, Stam, De Boer, et al (sorry for picking on the Dutch here) are glad that they weren't in place a few years ago.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

An automatic 2 year ban for failing a drugs ban is the only one I'm aware of, but AFAIK they're generally much stricter than FIFA's. I bet Davids, Stam, De Boer, et al (sorry for picking on the Dutch here) are glad that they weren't in place a few years ago.
thanks, you found time to post this before me... Anyway, FIFAs explanations about "individual hearings" are just crap, FIFA and Blatter don't want to clear doping out of football, and that's just sad... :down:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

thanks, you found time to post this before me... Anyway, FIFAs explanations about "individual hearings" are just crap, FIFA and Blatter don't want to clear doping out of football, and that's just sad... :down:
Yeah, I think not only do they not want to clean the game, but they don't want to give away this power to make a decision on shaky issues. Considering their "cool" relations with club football, FIFA thinks this can act as an extra "weapon" against clubs. Not sure in what way though.

Nobody likes when power is taken away from them.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I saw a document on monday about this, and man, it really was depressing... :down: Dr. Agricola gave medicine all the time to the players, and the players didn't know what it was... They tried to use depression medicines combined to other medicines to boost players blood values etc... Or so it was claimed... DPs and Crespo's (just an example from Parma) blood values we're shown as examples, and they we're pretty suspicious...
Just a question, what exactly do you mean by blood values? That's pretty interesting stuff; I heard a while ago that Davids is very cautious about the medicines he takes, which is the defence that a lot of his fellow Dutchmen used when saying that he's not a drug user.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
American sports are filthy, with soccer probably being the exception.

Baseball has admitted that most of its top players made heavy use of steroids, but the league chooses to look the other way. NFL and NHL have had problems, but nothing compared to baseball. As for Olympic sports, this country should not even be allowed to send athletes. Track & Field (Athletics) all doped, Swim & Diving, cycling doped, doped and doped.

Fifa should always act independently of anything the corrupt IOC proposes. WADA rules should never govern and taint football. Fifa can keep its own house in order.
Agreed. The IOC really has no place in football, we already have anough corruption.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Just a question, what exactly do you mean by blood values? That's pretty interesting stuff; I heard a while ago that Davids is very cautious about the medicines he takes, which is the defence that a lot of his fellow Dutchmen used when saying that he's not a drug user.
yes, it was very interesting, but I just can't remember what it was... Damn... Probably it was creatine values in their blood... Anyway, they talked about how much DP (and Crespo) gained weight (muscles) in just one year... And furthermore, using creatine isn't bad at all, even I use it... But I can't see the muscles yet... :D

but since your a mod now, make poll of this?! (look my previous posts...)

Aug 1, 2003
well, cycling is the most recent sport to be the main headline when it comes to doping recently if im not mistaken.

we shouldn't worry about creatine usage. though we might get charged for that sport-thingy, it was still legal at that time, shouldn't be as bad as... it should be? :undecide:

I hope agricola won't go to jail. I like him. He's stylish.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
I saw a document on monday about this, and man, it really was depressing... :down: Dr. Agricola gave medicine all the time to the players, and the players didn't know what it was... They tried to use depression medicines combined to other medicines to boost players blood values etc... Or so it was claimed... DPs and Crespo's (just an example from Parma) blood values we're shown as examples, and they we're pretty suspicious...

Was it the same document Juventino, there was talk about Milanlab and our tour on North America etc.?!
yeah it was the same program!

btw. there was one thing during the program that I didn't pay 100%
attention too, so I'm checking with you!

The reporter said even MILAN LAB has been questioned by other's.

As the Milan Dr. was talking about since Milan
Lab was created they haven't been using medicines nor any injections
on the players for 2 years, suddenly the reporter said something
and the Milan Dr. went like, ohhh yes ehhh, well one player has been given
injections 2 times in a short time for an injury!!!

so the question is, was it really in that way??? I mean was he caught
off guard by the reporter?

btw. I liked the way they were comparing Turin Vs. Milano @ the start of the program!

Tradition Vs. Modernisation
Hard working Vs. Vain/conceited
Industries Vs. fashion

i.e. if it had been the other way around, let's say fans that think they are synonymous with Passion so called inter fans would had used it against Juve like everything else... Your city has no heart, it's all about Modernisation and fashion shows for your vain inhabitant while we hardworking men and some women from the industries with passion and traition drag our selves to the stadium being beyond fatigue, cheering and sometimes even use the last strenght of power we have to throw scooters from the curva FORZA FORZA we are the only true fans! ;)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

yes, it was very interesting, but I just can't remember what it was... Damn... Probably it was creatine values in their blood... Anyway, they talked about how much DP (and Crespo) gained weight (muscles) in just one year... And furthermore, using creatine isn't bad at all, even I use it... But I can't see the muscles yet... :D

but since your a mod now, make poll of this?! (look my previous posts...)
Well I saw this program for a month ago, but I'm sure it wasn't Creatine
value in the blood in this case, I think it was something about Iron value in your blod. Think they said 45 is normal while some players in Juve and other teams had shown results over 50.

In this case JUVE had a setback, it was almost brutal as they had this professor coming and presenting his research and report about this value that 45 being normal is not valid, when every man is different to the other, so far great. Then the prosecutor asked the prof. if he has had this research printed in any form before and the Prof. tried to dodge it but, finally said NO, but it's on it's way! so if his research is actually valid or not since it hasn't been published it won't bee taking a part in this trial!!!

it looked bad! really bad!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The research might well be valid, though without having been published, and therefore placed in a position to be refuted, it's not worthy of concideration at a trial.

Besides, even if it's not unnatural for a person to have a high reading, why would a whole team have it?

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
The research might well be valid, though without having been published, and therefore placed in a position to be refuted, it's not worthy of concideration at a trial.

Besides, even if it's not unnatural for a person to have a high reading, why would a whole team have it?
well it's was about under 10 ppl. in the team that had higher value than 45!
Don't remember but could had been 5-6 players in fact.

some research has shown that even with use of Creatine + nutritional supplements and hard taining you could in a doping test leave a positive result.

there is so much research that could be done in this matter.

like did U guys know that a football player in Serie A is considered been using doping if his test value is 2.0 and higher while in the same country but for another sport, Cycling the value must be 5.0 and higher...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
oh yes, I remember the numbers, and those we're above 50, so it was iron values... Thanks mate... But anyway they suggested that it's a sign of EPO-hormones, didn't they?!

It was the beauty against the beast... ;)

But that Milan's doctor was absolutely ridicilous: "we haven't used artificial substances at all..." Then the reporter asked something like: "What about Laursen?" - "oh, I totally forgot, maybe we gave him to injections..."

Yeah, right... :groan:

but that Milanlab was very very weird place, their safety systems we're like the ones in science fiction films, fingerprint IDs and all... I'm sure that there's something wrong with that place...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Hey, you didnt get it? all this stuff of the drug trial is a dirty bussiness involving politics and groups of people struggling for power and influence in italian sports media...

lets backtrack all this shit...who began it ?who made the accusation initially?....Zdenek Zeman and the Roma directives...huhuhmmmm....what does Guarinello, Caraccini and other prosecutors in this case have in common?.....they had a position in Rome city council....why does any other team in serie A , or for that matter in Europe has been investigated with the same depth that juve?...because all the others are good boys... why is that, from the death of U. Agnelli, prosecutors have push and speed up the case?...

Something smells rotten in the city of Rome........

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Hey, you didnt get it? all this stuff of the drug trial is a dirty bussiness involving politics and groups of people struggling for power and influence in italian sports media...

lets backtrack all this shit...who began it ?who made the accusation initially?....Zdenek Zeman and the Roma directives...huhuhmmmm....what does Guarinello, Caraccini and other prosecutors in this case have in common?.....they had a position in Rome city council....why does any other team in serie A , or for that matter in Europe has been investigated with the same depth that juve?...because all the others are good boys... why is that, from the death of U. Agnelli, prosecutors have push and speed up the case?...

Something smells rotten in the city of Rome........
but that doesn't change the fact that Juve have done something really wrong... But yes, so have the others and their still not being prosecuted, and you're probably right why...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Gianpiero Ventrone : "primi anni, in ritiro, portavamo a termine volumi di lavoro quattro volte superiori a quelli di qualsiasi altra squadra di A, lavorando 8-9 ore al giorno. E' stato questo il nostro doping".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)