Juventus - Udinese (3 Viewers)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
OMG We're still salas-hating....

IMO He didnt have a bad game considering the team as a whole.

In fact, considering the team as a whole Im surprised we had people sit there and watch the game...

In fact Im surprised we're even discussing this game.....

considering this game....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Congrats El Matador and well done Juve! We did what we needed to,conquer the three points,but dispite this,we really did struggle. Without Del Piero and Montero we lack imagination upfront and solidity at the back. Hopefully we can have both,or at least one of them back for the game against Feyenoord on Tuesday.

Good to see that Milan LOST! We will beat Modena next week and triumph against the Rossoneri the week after!

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #249
    Macelo Salas' first goal in open play for the Biaconeri proved just enough to give Juventus their first victory in four Serie A games at the expense of Udinese.

Juve started with an attack featuring the two Marcelos – Salas and Zalayeta – due to the injuries to Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet, and the fact that Marco Di Vaio had just recently recovered from a concussion.

Marcelo Lippi's side indeed looked unfamiliar with each other for much of the match, especially the first-half when their best chances arrived by way of solo efforts by Zalayeta and Pavel Nedved, while Salas initially appeared to have left his shooting boots at home. The visitors, in the meanwhile, posed a constant threat from the break.
    El Matador atoned for his previous misses by sneaking in to tap home a gift of a pass by Cristiano Zenoni early in the second-half, minutes after which Udinese could and should have drawn level through substitute Vincenzo Iaquinta, who contrived to head wide with the goal gaping.

That was Udinese's last golden opportunity to level, however, as it was the hosts who looked the likelier to register the second goal. Nedved missed an exquisitely delivered freekick by inches, while Di Vaio went close soon after coming on as a substitute for Zalayeta.

The Bianconeri must now prepared for a crucial Champions' League encounter with Feyenoord at the Delle Alpi on Tuesday.

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Fresi, Iuliano, Moretti (Zenoni 27); Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Davids, Nedved; Salas (Tudor 60), Zalayeta (Di Vaio 69)

Udinese: De Sanctis; Caballero, Sensini, Manfredini (Warley 80); Alberto, Pinzi (Rossitto 63), Pizarro, Jankulovski (Iaquinta 50), Gemiti; Muzzi, Jorgensen

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #250
    Charismatic Chilean international striker Marcelo Salas was bursting like a sunrise after finally scoring his first goal for Juventus from open play after having have missed most of last season due to a serious knee injury.

"I was really missing the feeling of that goal," admitted the former Lazio man. "It was a difficult win, but one that will boost our morale as well as our standing in the table. I only hope the real Salas is back."

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #251
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
    Congrats El Matador and well done Juve! We did what we needed to,conquer the three points,but dispite this,we really did struggle. Without Del Piero and Montero we lack imagination upfront and solidity at the back. Hopefully we can have both,or at least one of them back for the game against Feyenoord on Tuesday.
    That is highly unlinkely as Montero just had an operation, he will need at least 3-4 weeks to be fully fit and return to action ..

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Good to see we are winning even when playing badly (Nothing to be proud of) but atleast the pressure get's reduced and our confidence is revamped. I just hope we can build from this win.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    hi hoshi .. saw them pics. You've changed.
    Laresca I like level headed analysis .... next time you catch a match please do the commentary.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #256
    There were no reasons tonight to be angry at the end of the match: Gigi Buffon was calm, after having conceded no goal and with thre points gained with the victory over Udinese.

“We have’t played very well – Gigi said – It was a difficult match. The positive thing is that we gained three points on AC Milan. I didn’t expect they could lose in Verona but I was expecting, sooner or later, that they will stop their run, maybe against us. Now there’s Feyenood: let’s not think anymore about today’s match, in which to win was the only important thing for us. Against the Dutch team we’ll to play well.”

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #257
    Before the match Marcello Lippi was clear: “We’ve got to win the matches against Udinese and Feyenoord because we deserved”. And his boys listened to him very well. Against the team from Friuli Juventus gained three points and it wasn’t very important the fact that the performance wans’t exciting like the one in San Siro last Saturday against Inter.

And this was confirmed by the coach himself: “I said that I was interested only I the victory because we had gained less than what we had deserved. These three points build a standings more real compared to what’ve done till now. Today we’ve suffered against a good Udinese, with good players, very quick. We got back from England on Thursday at 4 in the morning and two matches like the ones against Inter and Newcastle are heavy to recover. We’ve created enough to justify our victory, with the post hit by Nedved, and the chances for Di Vaio and Salas. You can’t be beautiful and spectacular all the times.”

To finish, a though for the protagonist of the evening, Marcelo Salas. A fundamental goal that gave three points to blackandwhites: “I’m particularly happy for Marcelo’s goal. When a player has to stay without playing for a year because of an injury, he needs some confindence boosts and what happened to him today surely is one of those”.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #258
    A very important goal, today, to give three points to Juventus. And tomorrow for the birthday of his wife Carolina: surely it will be a good Sunday at Salas’, one of the most beautiful in the last year.

It was October, the 21st, when the Chilean player got injured in Bologna and now, twelve months and five days after, the Matador got back in scoring in an official match.

“I’m happy, this is a goal that could be really important. We, as forwards, are always valued according to the goals we score and a good performance is different from a goal. If there’s any special dedications? Yes, to my wife Carolina, because tomorrow it’s her birthday. She, my family and all our friend were really close to me in this last year and permitted to me to remain calm”.

One goal means everything for a striker. It’s something which gives confidence and calm: “It’s been a while since I started feeling well – the Matador said – Against Inter I played a good match and I only missed in scoring. On the other hand, today everything went well: I scored and my team won. This has been a hard year, I suffered a lot in recovering from the injury, now I hope I‘’ll start to score a lot again”.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #259
    Again an evening all made of running for Pavel Nedved. Against Udinese the Czech player playesd as a midfielder, as a “10” and as a froward. The match against the team from Friuli was a hard one and Nedved’s ductility was fundamental.

“Today It doesn’t matter how we gained this victory. Many players missing? It’s always difficult when you can’t count on some champions and you’ve got to be at the top every three days. On Tuesday we have another important match against Feyenoord. We know we’ve got to win and that we can’t fail, but we’re ready”.

Nedved was one of the players who was more happy for Salas’ goal, because Marcelo was Pavel’s teammate when they played together in Lazio: “After the bad injury, Marcelo needed some time. He’s a great striker, able to score many goals and you’ll see it soon”.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)