Juventus to Sacrifice Trezeguet (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
thats what im saying- del piero creates and trez scores. its more balanced than dp partnering with someone who could explore as much as him- I dont know, maybe communication problems on the pitch as who is to finish off and who should create would occur on the pitch :D
That's not balance, that's polarization. If Del Piero is partnered with a player who can also create and score, then he will be more effective because he will not have the burden of creating all the chances and finishing some too. We need a forward like Sheva or RVN who finishes more than they create, but does both. That way Del Piero can create more than he finishes, but also do both and not have a such a burden.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

That's not balance, that's polarization. If Del Piero is partnered with a player who can also create and score, then he will be more effective because he will not have the burden of creating all the chances and finishing some too. We need a forward like Sheva or RVN who finishes more than they create, but does both. That way Del Piero can create more than he finishes, but also do both and not have a such a burden.
exactly.

not only would it be less of a burden for del piero,it would also make the team more dynamic and unpredictable.

Aug 1, 2003
its not like Del piero is the ONLY person who creates- zambro sometimes creates with his crosses, same with camo and nedved too sometimes creates.

but anyway, I read that Juventus is considering chelsea's bid for Trez :sob:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
what sometimes? Nedved and zambro create more than DP.

But i think a more mobile and think-on-feet-very-quickly kinda strikers would compliment DP or Di Vaio.

Simple

Fabrizio Miccoli

only problem is he isnt tall enough. So get rid of DP and put Di Vaio in

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
its not like Del piero is the ONLY person who creates- zambro sometimes creates with his crosses, same with camo and nedved too sometimes creates.

but anyway, I read that Juventus is considering chelsea's bid for Trez :sob:
Del Piero is the ONLY forward who creates, and that's and important thing to realise. We may have midfielders who can pass, but Del Piero is the man who most often is called upon to deliver the assist.

It would be perfect to sell Trez to Chelsea, they'll pay way too much for him and we can strengthen our forward line and defence with that money.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I think it is clearly on the hands: Did we ever say no to a high-class offer?? I can't remember...........

If Chelski really offer that much, Moggi will say yes anyways, and I would like to have Ibrahimovic as a replacement! Or Gilardino!

Aug 1, 2003
trez thing- I'm still against it :)

well yes you have a point there, but on the field I don't think DP is the most often man called upon to assist- I mean if you look at Juve's goals- or perhaps trezeguet's goals- they're not mostly from Dp anyway, trez or any other strikers have numerous sources to feed them the ball they need.

But I guess I'm probably a bit ignorant considering the fact that I do not want Trezeguet to be sold since this is the main issue, so I'm probably wrong.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I think it is clearly on the hands: Did we ever say no to a high-class offer?? I can't remember...........

If Chelski really offer that much, Moggi will say yes anyways, and I would like to have Ibrahimovic as a replacement! Or Gilardino!
It would be a no-brainer to sell Trez and buy Zlatan. We would even have money left over and have upgraded our attack. What reason would there be not to do it?

Jul 28, 2002
reason....we would for start be making a loss on trez...we bought him for 18 million, so unless thats matched we are making a loss. Trez can go, but will morale be affected?? Plus he dont cost us much in wages :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
reason....we would for start be making a loss on trez...we bought him for 18 million, so unless thats matched we are making a loss. Trez can go, but will morale be affected?? Plus he dont cost us much in wages :D
If we sold him for eighteen million today, that eighteen million could buy us so much more than it did when we bought Trez, so we'd be a getting a deal really...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I can't begin to say how disappointed I've been with Miccoli. His game should be able to compliment any of our forwards... I'm still giving him time though, I would hate to sell him anytime soon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
I just dont understand whats the problem with DT, IMO he is within the top 5 finishing striker in Europe. He's only second best to Seva in Italy, but Seva is the worlds best.

DT's only problems are injuries and scoring penalties.

I have serious doubts that any of the affordable strikers could replace him, maybe Zlatan. I hope we dont sell him.

togon

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

DT's only problems are injuries and scoring penalties.
Trez does not have a problem scoring penalties (the CL final was a one-off) nor does he get injured particularly often

Aug 1, 2003
gray, miccoli's particularly new and he rarely gets any games nowadays (discounting coppa italia here)

but like I said since I love acting as trez's defender
you could buy all your zlatans or gilardinos all you want, but none of them could guarantee as much goals as trez does. good players, yes, but they have to fit their football with juve's tactics and all. what if they don't suit our style? what if there's no chemistry? and if you guys say take the risk, I say no. David Trezeguet is young, a good finisher, secure goals for Juventus, gets along fine with Juventus. I do not ask more from him.

Boy don't I love acting as trez's defender.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

I like the sound of that. Del Piero will do most of the creating, but score too, while his partner will do most of the scoring, but create as well. Not only will this make us more unpredictable, but it will imo make Del Piero a much more effective, lethal player because rather than relying on the midfielders to set him up or having to make his own chances, his strike partner can serve him an assist from time to time.

Jul 28, 2002
thats how it should be, we will be way more fluid in our attack. Dp creating and trez finishing is jus too linear for decent defenses, its easy to work out, dp WILL be trying to setup or even the odd chance score, and trez will merely be waiting for the ball.

Its not that black n white, but basically ian is rite, dp-trez partnership should be a more balanced partnership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)