Juventus to play in Australia next month (7 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Juventus open training session at Telstra Dome
Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Juventus will host an opening training session at Telstra Dome on Thursday, 29 May from 4pm, ahead of its blockbuster friendly against Melbourne Victory.

Entry is free. Gate 2 at Telstra Dome will be open from 3:30pm, with seating available between Aisle 46 and Aisle 4.
i hope they wont ask us to move like they did at princes park. that irritated me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Aug 1, 2003
Really :D security said it was a media thing they wanted to gather us at one spot. Understandable I guess but I was not willing to risk my spot lol. Tomorrow at telstra dome then. I wish I knew when they'd be coming to lygon that'd be fun

OP
francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #384
    I see the victory up for it but can't see them winning. Most probably a draw is on the cards here just to keep everyone happy. If that new brazilian signing plays with archie thompson upfront with hernandez behind them, i would the victory might win it.

( Turk, lay god's wrath on this fan, hes tipping without following his feelings!) :D

Ohh good work capitano and sally. I wish i would see some of the players tomorrow or thursday.
    hahahahaha thats funny
    your worried about some brazilian guy, thompson and hernandez? please! you got to be kidding me. Your comparing Melbourne Victory with Juventus, our primavera team will run riot over these fools.

OP
    francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #385
    Juventus' Australian goalkeeper Jess Vanstrattan says it is a shame local fans will not get to see the Italian club's biggest stars in Melbourne on Friday night.

But the 25-year-old former Young Socceroos custodian still believes the famous club will put on a football showcase when they take on the A-League's Melbourne Victory in front of what is expected to be a near-capacity crowd at Telstra Dome.

Juventus will field a virtual second-string side, with captain Alessandro Del Piero, first-choice keeper Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini and Mauro Camoranesi all on European Championship duty with the Italian national squad.

French striker David Trezeguet, Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved and Bosnian Hasan Salihamidzic are other stars unavailable for the exhibition match.

But Vanstrattan, who will get a rare chance as starting 'keeper in Buffon's absence, said the remaining squad members would still be out to put on a show.

"Obviously, the guys that are involved with the national team in the Euro Championship there's nothing you can do about that," he said.

"We've had a few injuries and a few (players absent for) personal reasons.

"It is a bit disappointing that the Australian public can't see some of the superstars, so to speak, that were supposed to have come out.

"But that's the way it goes and we'll do our best and hopefully put on a good show on Friday night."

Vanstrattan and Juventus teammates Cristiano Zanetti, Raffaele Palladino and Cristian Molinaro on Wednesday tried out their Australian football skills with several players from AFL club Carlton at the Blues' Princes Park.

Gosford-born Vanstrattan, who himself had no previous experience with the oval ball, admitted it was difficult to adapt, with his Italian teammates wringing their hands in pain after attempting to handball.

"I didn't realise the balls were that hard, I don't know how they handball those balls all the time," Vanstrattan said.

But he joked that the Carlton players involved, including star forward Brendan Fevola and young midfielder Marc Murphy, did not adapt much better to the round ball.

"Just tell them to stick to what their doing because they didn't look too good with the (soccer) footballs."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/juve-will-still-be-formidable-119523/

OP
    francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #386
    Melbourne coach Ernie Merrick has pledged that the Victory will put on a show in Friday night's game against Italian giants Juventus.

near-capacity crowd of more than 50,000 fans is expected for the match at Telstra Dome, even though the Juve squad is well short of full strength.

French striker David Trezeguet has flown home to be with his pregnant wife, while another five stars are currently preparing for Euro 2008.

With Juventus down to 13 fit players after two recent matches in China, coach Claudio Ranieri confirmed that Jess Vanstrattan, the hero of Australia's 1999 Under-19 World Cup campaign, will start in goal on Friday night.

Unlike the Italians, the Victory will be at near full strength, missing only striker Danny Allsopp and central defender Rody Vargas, who are in Brisbane with the Socceroos preparing for Sunday's in-doubt World Cup clash with Iraq.

But Costa Rican forward Carlos Hernandez will play after missing most of Melbourne's Asian Champions League (ACL) qualifying campaign due to injury.

"It is Juventus so the option is this fear of maybe conceding too many goals and embarrassing the club and so playing a very closed game - well, this is not going to happen," Merrick said.

"You'll know from the way we play.

"We have felt that Gamba Osaka are one of the best teams we've played.

"We played a very open game (against the Japanese side in April in the ACL) and they beat us 4-3, but it was a great game.

"This has got to be a show and a spectacle.

"The result is important but let's face it, it's Juventus, so if we can score a goal or two it will be very exciting and entertain the crowd.

"It won't be a closed game, it will be our typical end-to-end type football."

Although Juventus will be without the likes of household names Trezeguet, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Del Piero and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, Ranieri said the Asia-Pacific tour was important for the club's up-and-coming players.

"I am not very happy that some of our players are busy at the European championships but I am very proud to be here," he said.

"... All of these friendly matches are very important.

"I have some young players for whom it is very important to play international matches in China and here in Australia."

Juve lost the opening match of their tour 2-1 to South China in Hong Kong, before drawing 3-3 with fellow Italian club Parma in Shanghai on Saturday.

They finished third behind Inter Milan and Roma in recent Serie A competition.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/victory-will-attack-juve-119429/

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    hahahahaha thats funny
    your worried about some brazilian guy, thompson and hernandez? please! you got to be kidding me. Your comparing Melbourne Victory with Juventus, our primavera team will run riot over these fools.
    I said they might. The same juve side you're talking about that couldn't beat some chinese side and then we had Trezi and brazzo with them.

and these "fools" spanked your mob in their own back yard last year

But he joked that the Carlton players involved, including star forward Brendan Fevola and young midfielder Marc Murphy, did not adapt much better to the round ball.

"Just tell them to stick to what their doing because they didn't look too good with the (soccer) footballs."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/juve-will-still-be-formidable-119523/
    If i am not mistaken "The Fev" is a juve fan. I saw him once with a juve jacket on around this time last year.

OP
    francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #389
    I said they might. The same juve side you're talking about that couldn't beat some chinese side and then we had Trezi and brazzo with them.

If i am not mistaken "The Fev" is a juve fan. I saw him once with a juve jacket on around this time last year.
    which mob of mine are you talking about?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

They were supposed to have been badly jet lagged over in china. They've had 4 days to get rested and used to the time. Plus, maybe the south chinese and Parma are much better than melbourne??

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    which mob of mine are you talking about?
    Sydney FC, i guess they're not your mob.
    They were supposed to have been badly jet lagged over in china. They've had 4 days to get rested and used to the time. Plus, maybe the south chinese and Parma are much better than melbourne??
    Could be, and again I only said might.
    sateeh

yer i saw that aswell fevola on the footy show had a juve jacket.
    yeah i saw that too.

I have that same exact jacket, i will try and dig up a picture
    I walked the whole street of lygon just now back and forth because i heard a rumour that Juve was seen there. I was either too late or ot was untrue :D
    Lol rumor , rumor

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    check the juve site...pic of carlton (aka cunts) with some Juventini swapping jumpers. The site talks Melbourne up a bit too.. :D i'm very proud

and yeah it talks about how they went to lygon and through the city.

go pies

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I walked the whole street of lygon just now back and forth because i heard a rumour that Juve was seen there. I was either too late or ot was untrue :D
    rep points up for you LOL....i'm impressed! but at the same time suprised you haven't got pics of these guys in the shower posted up! :lol:

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    by the way i just got my email from juve member the autograph session is friday 1pm at the hilton ( will post the address later cbf now )

thanx for the video capitano, Just look at the fev hes loving it

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
    Jul 12, 2006
    by the way i just got my email from juve member the autograph session is friday 1pm at the hilton ( will post the address later cbf now )

thanx for the video capitano, Just look at the fev hes loving it
    Fev what a wog.

how do i get in touch with the juve members and what do i need to bring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)