Juventus success (1 Viewer)

SAFC

Dec 17, 2003
I've never understood this. Why, given all the Fiat funded success of Juventus over the years, do you attract such shit crowds?

8 or 9,000 is what Oxford United get. Are you all a bunch of part time glory boys?

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't speak for the people in Turin, as I'm not sure what other diversions there are to keep them away from a Juve match, but I think it may actaully have to do with the stadium itself. It is so poorly laid out, that it must feel like you are watching the game on TV, anyway, so you might as well stay home.

They usually average about 40,000 per match, it's just that you can't tell from the angles that are shown on TV.

Hopefully, when the re-designing is completed and becomes a 45,000 seat English style stadium, that it will seem like alot more people are there.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
also, i've read somewhere that half of juve supporters dont live in turin (*ahem*). so maybe that's the case. even if they do live in italy, they dont bother to turn up for every game (coz of the travelling).....but just turn up for the "big" games

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Most Juventus Supporters are scattered in Sicily, Calabria and other regions. There was even talk of moving the team to Palermo at one point. At a few years ago the rumor was Trieste in the North. but the real reason is the sad state of Delle Alpi, its location and its terrible structure. I have been to Delle Alpi and it feels as though your in another stadium watching a game into a second stadium. You are so far from the action that its hard to follow. There is a stretch that seperates the field and the stands. The stands are not step enough so your really not part of the action. From the first row to the last it feels like your outside. Its not a pleasant experience and in my opinion is the number one reason why so many refuse to go.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Popular reasons I've heard mentioned:
1. the stadium is on the outskirts of the city with poor public transportation
2. it's cold :rolleyes:
3. the stadium is "cold", makes for poor atmosphere

Aug 1, 2003
I've heard that Torinos prefer Torino to Juventus, and that the stadium is actually quite far & the view sucks ..

But for me, if I were to live in Italy, I would sacrifice ANYTHING just to go to see Juve- I believe support is really important to the team ;)

This sucks, talking bout the attendance.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
heh... and inspite of all this, Juve made more money than Milan in last years Champions League.

They need to get rid of the track asap and make it more "friendly" for the spectators.

The crowds are decent in big games but it's an absolute disgrace sometimes when smaller teams play..

OP

SAFC

Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    It's weird though, almost like the support isn't really a hardcore support, just a bunch of part-time pansies who like watching glam games. As long as it's not too cold.

If I were Fiat I would move to a team where my investment was appreciated. As I would if I were davids, trezequet etc etc.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    If I lived in near Delle Alpi, I would go see every game possible! even if it is a crappy stadium, the team is Juve, and for someone like me, who has never even been inside a stadium, it would be wonderful even to have a crappy one nearby

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    heh... and inspite of all this, Juve made more money than Milan in last years Champions League.

They need to get rid of the track asap and make it more "friendly" for the spectators.

The crowds are decent in big games but it's an absolute disgrace sometimes when smaller teams play..
    The majority of revenue does not come from stadium ticket sales.
    Milan began the season in a deeper financial red than Juve because:
    the Nesta purchase.
    The Rivaldo salary.
    The preceding year they were not in Champions and missed out on that revenue thus had no cash flow to throw into the red.
    The fiscal year for companies end in March. (Depending the entreprise). The benefits reaped from the CL will only come to light in the year end tally.
    Most of the revenue comes from sponsorship.

But yes...ha ha....ok then.:redface:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    The majority of revenue does not come from stadium ticket sales.
    Milan began the season in a deeper financial red than Juve because:
    the Nesta purchase.
    The Rivaldo salary.
    The preceding year they were not in Champions and missed out on that revenue thus had no cash flow to throw into the red.
    The fiscal year for companies end in March. (Depending the entreprise). The benefits reaped from the CL will only come to light in the year end tally.
    Most of the revenue comes from sponsorship.

But yes...ha ha....ok then.:redface:
    But isn't this another issue?

That we made more out of the CL then you doesn't have anything to do with Rivaldo's salaray does it?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Depends how you look at it.

Companies don't look at how much they made in a sector and count it as a profit when they have debts. That is ridiculous. You have to take your debts into account otherwise your are practicing the business ethics of ENRON and WORLDCOM. Just spend without taking your debts into consideration. The fact that they started off in the Red with new acquisitions and a larger salary base meant they had to make more. They knew this revenue would come from CL. But in the end you are not going to break even in your first year. The same way that if you buy a Mcdonalds or whatever franchise you are not going to pay the mortgage back to the banks in your first year regardless of how many burgers you sell.
    There also a lot of other intangibles. Simple business principles.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    you take it all wrong incubo. uefa announced that juve made more money from cl than milan did. no one's talking about salaries and transfers.
    I'm pretty sure it goes hand in hand and they don't calculate it based solely on how many "keychains or head bands they sold!"

Aug 1, 2003
    whats all this fuss bout milan & juve making more money? :confused: its unnecessary

its extremely annoying to see such low attendance, i was SO ashamed when i watch us play against olympiakos... juve fans over there take advantage of the situation wherelse juve fans worldwide would do ANYTHING to get to delle alpi ..

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    How many of Juve's fans on this forum live in Turin ???

How many actually live in Italy ????

Most of Juve's fanbase is in southern Italy, and outside of Italy.

I say, move the team to Sicily- they'll sellout every game !!!!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Hi guys, am a new member , :),i would juss like to comment about the ppl who live in turin, that if i was there i would do anythin to watch them , even if had to go walking.....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    juss want to say 1 thing that am Lebanese but I live in romania , n there r too many juve fans in Lebanon , they wish they can visit dell alpi 1 day...<Rab>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)