Juventus still Better than Milan (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by walu_ex ] ++

How would I know....:)
".... i never saw them playing. but i read in milan forums that milan are much better team and there is no girls in those forums so that means that guys in milan play football and do not watch fashion shows which is really manly and makes milan a better team despite that we played better than juve only once in last couple of years, in the final"

walu_ex_stupid_nick send me this in pm. honest :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
Football is a man's game.

I haven't pm'ed any of you, I'm smart enough to take on all of you at once. I can't waste my time working with individuals.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Football is a man's game.

I haven't pm'ed any of you, I'm smart enough to take on all of you at once. I can't waste my time working with individuals.
whatever, machist.

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
many of you Juve fans have actually admitted Milan are a great team. I don't recall saying Juve weren't a great squad either. I acknowledge some provocation on my behalf that wasn't called for, especially in a Juve forum, but Jun-Hide and Alex put it perfectly, "words cannot pinpoint who is is better, and by how much, it's their performances on the pitch that matter" and to that I add, "their performance in games that matter". trapattoni thinks Juve are clear favourites for the Serie A, I still think Milan are the team to beat, even after the Barcelona match. We get to play each other a few more times before the season begins.... I'll post a serie a schedule soon. I don't see myself hanging out here much longer, I've been pleasantly and unpleasantly entertained. I hope you guys have a good season, and italian sides continue to keep Spain moving in a downward spiral. Together we can make the Beckham transfer become the worst waste of money in History.

This season, the Serie A race is probably going to be the tightest in history. Six clubs have a good shot. the Cl has changed its format, and should be pretty interesting. The transfer market is still not closed and in the upcoming weeks both of our teams could be further reinforced.

I'll be cheering for you against Manchester.

Forza Milan
Forza Juve
Forza Italia

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
Manchester United vs. Juventus
Preseason Friendly
N.Y. Giants Stadium
Attendance: +/- 79000

==============================================

Before we begin, I must point out a few things. Whenever walu_ex assumes the neutral position in a football game, there is no way in hell he will appreciate a victory achieved through opportunistic goals and dull, counter-attacking play. So, all of you that like Man U. Now is the time to run....

Okay, so it's just us.

Stand Outs for Juve:

Edgar Davids: Good dynamic display at the heart of the Juve midfield. We football fans have become used to this....

Maresca: Showed a lot of character, mixing it up with Keane and closing down spaces.

Areas of Concern:

#1: Just like Milan did against Barcelona, there was poor coordination between the midfielders and the strikers. Juve could have been more threatening if it attacked down the flanks. But they opted to use the middle more. The reason for this is that crossing the ball from the wings would be pointless with Ferdinand in the middle, as he is dominant in the air. The reason why Juve's attack had an off day, was because Trezeguet was hailing to hold on to the ball and lacked spark. Di Vaio seemed like he was out to prove a point, he started strongly but faded away as the game progressed.

In the second half we saw a 'tridente' attack. I am a big fan of this tactic, Zac used it all the time when Milan won the Scudetto. Alex[/] and Miccoli did some good work, but again, the frenchman 's performance seriously compromised the whole team's efforts.

Nedved had some moments of brilliance, but needed to get himself more involved in the action.

Camoranesi has not started the preseason in the best way, and he seemed to be more concerned about issues off-the-court with Moggi and his agent. He needs to re-examine his tactical role.

Appiah is continuing to impress, he can do a little bit of everything, buthe doesn't read the game very well. All this will improve as he gets more playing-time.

Most of the problems we saw tonight are very common in this phase. When the players improve their physical condition, many other aspects of the team's play will rise sharply.

#2 The Defence:

Appalling.

A total lack of concentration at times. Zambrotta was okay, but Birindelli and Pessotto did very little to convince Lippi they are worthy of a starting place.

But the centre of defence was even worse. They were slow to react to threats, and didn't close players down quickly enough. A little bit more speed would help... I know it's just a preseason, but Forlan came close to making it 5-1 when he missed a shot while the goal was empty....

I don't need to be reminded that this is just a preseason friendly, but now is the time to hone skills and improve tactical awareness.

Positives:

Miccoli

This guy is going to force Lippi to adjust your tactics a little. He impressed me a lot, and I think he's going to be a key figure.
I can see him causing Milan, and other clubs a shitload of problems because his speed is formiddable, his technique is superior, his energy level is remarable, and he has a low centre of gravity, his balance is good and he doesn't let the ball escape from him easily....

Despite the exaggerated scorline, Juve did have about ten goalscoring opportunities, so rest assured that the result is not a true reflection of what was happening on the pitch.

Everytime Man U. scored, I turned the Tv off. I turned it back on just because I was curious to see how things were going in view of Sunday's super cup.

All in all, I was left with a feeling of comfort. It will be interesting to see how the team rebound from this catastrophe, I hope Nedved wasn't too badly hurt towards the end of the game...

Don't be too hard on yourselves, this is what preseason's are for. It's better to make errors and fix them, than achieve good results and cling to a false sense of security. Both Milan and Juve are far from ready for the new season, and from what we've seen so far nothing convincing about what to expect from the super cup has emerged. .

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
Manchester United vs. Juventus
Preseason Friendly
N.Y. Giants Stadium
Attendance: +/- 79000

Before we begin, I must point out a few things. Whenever walu_ex assumes the neutral position in a football game, there is no way in hell he will appreciate a victory achieved through opportunistic goals and dull, counter-attacking play. So, all of you that like Man U. Now is the time to run....

Okay, so it's just us.

Stand Outs for Juve:

Edgar Davids: Good dynamic display at the heart of the Juve midfield. We football fans have become used to this....

Maresca: Showed a lot of character, mixing it up with Keane and closing down spaces.

Areas of Concern:

#1: Just like Milan did against Barcelona, there was poor coordination between the midfielders and the strikers. Juve could have been more threatening if it attacked down the flanks. But they opted to use the middle more. The reason for this is that crossing the ball from the wings would be pointless with Ferdinand in the middle, as he is dominant in the air. The reason why Juve's attack had an off day, was because Trezeguet was hailing to hold on to the ball and lacked spark. Di Vaio seemed like he was out to prove a point, he started strongly but faded away as the game progressed.

In the second half we saw a 'tridente' attack. I am a big fan of this tactic, Zac used it all the time when Milan won the Scudetto. Alex[/] and Miccoli did some good work, but again, the frenchman 's performance seriously compromised the whole team's efforts.

Nedved had some moments of brilliance, but needed to get himself more involved in the action.

Camoranesi has not started the preseason in the best way, and he seemed to be more concerned about issues off-the-court with Moggi and his agent. He needs to re-examine his tactical role.

Appiah is continuing to impress, he can do a little bit of everything, buthe doesn't read the game very well. All this will improve as he gets more playing-time.

Most of the problems we saw tonight are very common in this phase. When the players improve their physical condition, many other aspects of the team's play will rise sharply.

#2 The Defence:

Appalling.

A total lack of concentration at times. Zambrotta was okay, but Birindelli and Pessotto did very little to convince Lippi they are worthy of a starting place.

But the centre of defence was even worse. They were slow to react to threats, and didn't close players down quickly enough. A little bit more speed would help... I know it's just a preseason, but Forlan came close to making it 5-1 when he missed a shot while the goal was empty....

I don't need to be reminded that this is just a preseason friendly, but now is the time to hone skills and improve tactical awareness.

Positives:

Miccoli

This guy is going to force Lippi to adjust your tactics a little. He impressed me a lot, and I think he's going to be a key figure.
I can see him causing Milan, and other clubs a shitload of problems because his speed is formiddable, his technique is superior, his energy level is remarable, and he has a low centre of gravity, his balance is good and he doesn't let the ball escape from him easily....

Despite the exaggerated scorline, Juve did have about ten goalscoring opportunities, so rest assured that the result is not a true reflection of what was happening on the pitch.

Everytime Man U. scored, I turned the Tv off. I turned it back on just because I was curious to see how things were going in view of Sunday's super cup.

All in all, I was left with a feeling of comfort. It will be interesting to see how the team rebound from this catastrophe, I hope Nedved wasn't too badly hurt towards the end of the game...

Don't be too hard on yourselves, this is what preseason's are for. It's better to make errors and fix them, than achieve good results and cling to a false sense of security. Both Milan and Juve are far from ready for the new season, and from what we've seen so far nothing convincing about what to expect from the super cup has emerged. .

nice to read....

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
allow me to go back to pink shirts... I remember the first time I saw Juve play with pink shirts... it was on 1995 or 1996..(not sure..)
but I'm sure it was against AC milan.. and the score was:

Juve 6-1 AC Milan... :mute:

so, you should be affraid walu_ex.. be very affraid.. :scared:

I want add any more arguments about who is better.. goz this is not questionable.. Juve is Always and Still better than any italian team.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)