Juventus Shirts (90 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Companies have unlimited scope to produce designs for clothing, even if these were training wear, why do they have to fuck with the playing jerseys?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My guess is they have to somehow make them look different enough every year so that same people consider buying.
You will always have people who buy a jersey every year regardless. You'll have people who will buy all three. People like me who don't buy a jersey every year out of some sense of responsibility, or idea of support, or obsessive compulsion will only buy a jersey if they really like it. So if they bring out a training jersey disguised as a match jersey, or something which looks like the livery of a British police van, then obviously I'm not going to buy it.

But I suppose they know more about market strategy than I do. It doesn't have to be the same kind of design but we all know what works by now for the home kit. You're right that they must feel they need to be different enough to justify charging €60+ for another striped home jersey every season, which most people buy, a smart away kit, and then they go a bit mad with the third. Seems to me that people will buy stuff if it looks good.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
You will always have people who buy a jersey every year regardless. You'll have people who will buy all three. People like me who don't buy a jersey every year out of some sense of responsibility, or idea of support, or obsessive compulsion will only buy a jersey if they really like it. So if they bring out a training jersey disguised as a match jersey, or something which looks like the livery of a British police van, then obviously I'm not going to buy it.

But I suppose they know more about market strategy than I do. It doesn't have to be the same kind of design but we all know what works by now for the home kit. You're right that they must feel they need to be different enough to justify charging €60+ for another striped home jersey every season, which most people buy, a smart away kit, and then they go a bit mad with the third. Seems to me that people will buy stuff if it looks good.
I'm not going to buy any jersey this season just because it has two sponsors on the front now. They should have put it on a sleeve or something. I would have considered buying home or away kit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)