Juventus set for revolution (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Of course...

DESCHAMPS EYEING JUVE JOB
11/18/2003. Monaco coach Didier Deschamps says he would one day like to take over at former club Juventus.

"I am presently too young for Juventus," he said. "However, Giovanni Trapattoni was handed the job at the age of 37. I'm now 35 so in two years time…"

Deschamps has taken Monaco to the top of Le Championnat, and within touching distance of Champions League qualification.
SA Italy
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/r3944.html

PLATINI TIPS DESCHAMPS FOR JUVE
01/13/2004. France legend Michel Platini believes that Monaco boss Didier Deschamps will go on to coach Juventus.

"I think that Deschamps will become Juventus boss but not within the next three years," he stated.

"It will certainly be a big step to go to Juve from Monaco but I'm almost certain that he will arrive in Turin.

"However, at the moment it is simply too soon. He needs to gain a bit more experience."
SA Italy
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s5887.html

As for the competitions - Monaco is on top of Le Championnal with 58 points, and in the quarterfinals of the Champions Leage.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
Deschamps doing well now (good for him! :thumb:) But I'm afraid he's too early to take on the job ... If given a choice I wouldn't mind taking Luigi Del Neri of Chievo, but Chievo's standards are going down but I don't blame him or anything :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We ccould try Dp as a player\coach thingy in 3-4 years from now, quite like Vialli and Gullit in their Chelsea days.

That wud be interesting.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
First of all, I don't think we should get rid of Lippi unless he wants to go. I still think he is one of the best coaches.

In terms of what we should do with the team:....the answer is - not too much. It is too de-stabilizing to revolutionize the team...unless we plan for the season after next.

Here is what I would do:

Obviously, we need world class central defenders. The problem is that they are not easy to find.

We have a lot of players on loan who could be decent back ups....but we need a world class first 11)

Lets look at our starting eleven and think who is world class:

Buffon (world class)
Thuram (world class who is ageing)
Montero (was world class but not anymore)
Legrottaglie (dissapointing but good to keep for long term)
Zambrotta (world class)
Appiah (not really world class)
Tacchinardi (not world class)
Camoranesi (not world class but close on his day)
Nedved (obviously world class)
Del Piero (world class when on form but inconsistent)
Trezeguet (supposedly world class but injury prone and not consistent)

Out of the 11, we have ~4 or maybe 5 players who are world class that we can depend on regularly. If we are serious about winning the champions league you have to think of a team like Real Madrid - they have 7 truly world class players that they can depend on for the big games)....or even Arsenal who have 5 or 6 world class players).

The answer is....we need another 2 or 3 truly world class players in the team.

We also need to invest in a world class defensive midfielder. Someone like Vieira. Our bad defence this season is not just related to the errors of our central defenders but also the fact that Davids hasn't been there to run around like mad and collect lose balls and defend.

If we could, I would like a team like this:

----------------Buffon------------------

Thuram---Lucio---xxxx?---Zambro

-----------Vieira---Appiah------------

----Camo---Nedved---Del Piero----

-------------V. Nistelrooy-------------

We may even consider selling Nedved. If we sell him, we would get a lot and he is in the twighlight of his career.

If we sell Nedved and Trezeguet, we could get players like Nistelrooy and Vieira.

I would also sell:

Iuliano
Ferrara (to retire)

get....Lucio and Ferrari

Sell: Zalayeta & Trez

Buy: Nistelrooy.

Maybe our squad could look like this:

GKs
Buffon
Chimenti

DEF (after Ferrara, Tudor, Montero, and Iuliano leave)
Birindelli
Thuram
Pessotto
LUCIO (I think we already reached an agreement for next season)
XXXXXX (one of Samuel?; Chivu?; Nesta?; Mexes?...don't know?!)
FERRARI
Legrottaglie

MID (No sales....just add...we have no depth here)
Zambrotta
Camoranesi
Appiah
VIEIRA
Tacchinardi
Maresca
Nedved???????
Conte (possibly retire)
Oliviera?

FWD (After selling Zalayeta & Trezeguet)
Del Piero
Miccoli
Di Vaio
V. NISTELROOY
GILLARDINO (get him back from loan)

Issues to consider:

1. Would you sell Nedved if you knew you could get V. Nistelrooy? (Nedved is 31 and if we wait another year he could be worth nothing as his contract expires)

2. Inter will have a major re-shuffle next year (no doubt). How much would Vieri be worth these days given his age? What names could we poach? Emre? Cannavaro? Martins?

3. Lazio & Parma will need to sell players......Stam? Corradi? Fiore? Cesar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)