Juventus set for revolution (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

One of the funniest things I've seen is someone having a key broken on their keyboard, and they're like "hey guys, a ey's on my eyboard. It's the one to the right of j and the left of l"

and he didn't even think of copying and pasting it :D
:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 12, 2004
why are you people getting so worked up about trez, i mean i love the guy and everything he's a great player but c'mon he isn't exactly reliable in front of goal, he scores alot but not as much as he should not with his talent, and he hasn't even signed a new contract, i as a juve fan do not want another davids situation.

NEdved,conte, iuliano, montero, pessotto and ferrara should all stay out of respect for there love of the club however teh last four should probably take up coaching roles and take serious pay cuts, which would help balance the books which is extremely important.

For the price of trezeguet (although i'd rather not loose him)+ Salas, zalayeta, camoranesi (sorry hate the guy) we can get in some class players like zaccardo, one of the best right backs you can buy, bonera for the centre with a well established centre back such as kevin hofland or o'shea. just imagine that backline for a moment. Buffon in net zaccardo, bonera hofland(o'shea) and zambrotta. never mind 27 goals going past in a season it s gonna be more like 7.

stop talikng about mexes and Trabelsi there not good enough. Treb is getting on abit and not that graet while mexes' idol in blanc i mean if thats his idol oh dear!! there not juve standard, maybe inter or roma standard but not Juve.

As for Lucio why get another old player sure he's not thirty but he's getting that way, he isn't solid at the back just like robby carlos he goes up and attacks half the time. Brazilians are not good defenders remember cesar from a few years back. Also brazilians don't win anything apart from the world cup they never win club competitions and juve have never had luck with them before its not going to change now.

as for the midfield i think its fantastic and i wish people would leave appiah alone, give him a chance it always takes a year to settle in turin, a great player who battles like davids and is young. The only addition i'd make is rafeal van der vaart (christian tiffert if camoranesi left) but van der vaart is young and so so good. I'd also bring gasberroni back from loan as well as brighi and give them a chance. This would give us a squad we could rotate with class match in match out. I also believe that miccioli should be played on the right wing instead of upfront, this is because ever since di livio left we've needed a grafter that just works and works with a touch of flair when you need it, camoranesi just dosn't do this sure he has the flair but he just dosn't work especially when we're one down.

And this talk of loosing nedved, what are you all on!! he works every game, its so beautiful when he hits 25 30 yard shot and goes in its like magic. he works he fights hes a good. quite obviously the best player ever and maybe even the best person.

as for upfront if trezeguet was to go i'd under stand but i'd be sad a good finisher is what we need, we have flair in del piero now we need an out and out stiker that will get on the end of the ball and be top scorer in serie a for once. Someone like Kezman give cipriani a chance maybe Gillardino or cavanaghi we missed out big tiime on MUTU.

AS for lippi i see everyones point after a few years at juve he seems to start loosing (remembering last time). I hated it when he came back because of the way our season had gone last time he was on our bench but i am the first to admit i was wrong , i believe we should hold on to him for a bit longer let him go to the azzuri if he like as for dechamps i think he needs to be assistant to someone on our bench first to know what its like to manage in serie A its alot more difficult than France but i think he will be good as long as he dosn't do what every french manager does and buy just french players.

I love Juve but changes need to be made especially to our back line and remember people maybe some players are getting old and out of form even del p but remember how much we love them we owe them alot but c'mon 100,000 a week for a striker who is rerely is fit and even less often on form, when have we seen del p back to what he used to be always promises of how he's coming back to form but he's not there yet. Don't get me wrong i love him he give flair to the side and could find space in a bird cage but he needs to get his act together.

Aug 1, 2003
Hey I'm entitled to my own opinion ;)

I just think we could invest more in just selling him. Him alone could probably get us a load of cash to buy new players.

or

you could sell the slightly unimportant players- di vaio etc and get cash off them which could be equavalent to nedved's price alone.

I prefer choice a.

Sorry if anyone feels like killing me now :)

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
Pete/ForzaJUVE

that was an excellent first post! welcome to our forum!

i must say i do disagree on a couple of things u said! for example nedved! i do LOVE the guy! he is an excellent player! but his game usually involves alot of physical strength as he is the kind of player who always runs! do u think at his current age he would still be able to perform well? why not sell him and cash in on him while we still can and buy someone like van der vart who is an excellent player! i also think scneider from ajax is a hot prospect playing very nice football! that is a thought i might be wrong but i think nedved is done! i don't see him playing another season like the season he played last year! i still love the guy but perhaps it is time!

but i do like the way u think concerning the defense! YES we need changes and YES we shouldn't get lucio who is not world class! and i honestly don't believe he will play his magic in italy well and be better than what we currently have!

trezeguet should stay as u said! this guy scores the goals we need! let him stay and get someone to assist him! someone to supply him with the balls he needs!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

:LOL: You didn't end a single sentence in a period...
ops! my bad! never thought i would be penalised for that!! i thought it was the ideas that count :p

anyways here u go

.......................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................

use them as you see fit! and keep the change! u will probably need them the next time i post! :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Pete, welcome to this place! I'll tell you I don't agree with much you have said however. :)

First of all your choice of defence. I would not touch Bonera, his reputation has been on a constant decline the past two seasons. And rejecting Trabelsi I must object to, I think he's brilliant and would be an improvement on Thuram (!!!), esp as Thuram is 31 now and Trabelsi is 27.

Don't buy Mexes because Blanc is his idol? First of all you should know that Blanc is one of the finest defenders in French history, he is a living legend. A just because he made some mistakes in his twighlight years at ManU (bad career call btw), doesn't diminish that. As such, Mexes is an excellent defender and half of Europe wants him, why do you think he's not good enough?

The midfield is not fine, it's struggling. You want proof? Both Tudor and Legrottaglie have played in midfield this season. Nedved is in decline, Appiah is struggling and Camoranesi's form is a yoyo. Gasba I think would be great, he's in his 3rd season as a pro and he's largely responsible for Palermo's imminent promotion with all his scoring. I'll be very disappointed if we don't bring him back cause he's a top drawer prospect.

Lippi looks like he's lost his marbles sometimes. He makes puzzling decisions and he seems to prefer the old guard rather than giving the young players a chance. I question his competence at his point because it's starting to look like he's not the good old Lippi. Our squad is not a bad mix of players but this season Lippi hasn't been able to get the most out of them. Montero and Legro look like amateurs for crying out loud. I'm starting to think a change of coach would do us good.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Lippi looks like he's lost his marbles sometimes. He makes puzzling decisions and he seems to prefer the old guard rather than giving the young players a chance. I question his competence at his point because it's starting to look like he's not the good old Lippi. Our squad is not a bad mix of players but this season Lippi hasn't been able to get the most out of them. Montero and Legro look like amateurs for crying out loud. I'm starting to think a change of coach would do us good.
Hes gonna leave anyways to take the Italy job. We might aswell start looking for a replacement. Lippi seems to be a great coach when things are going well, but when we hit crisis he ****ing loses the plot.

Deschamps, Vialli ;) ?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mac ] ++

Hes gonna leave anyways to take the Italy job. We might aswell start looking for a replacement. Lippi seems to be a great coach when things are going well, but when we hit crisis he ****ing loses the plot.

Deschamps , Vialli ;) ?
if he wins the ligue 1 this season, and can knock real out.....then we shud go for him ;)

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
It would be so great to get a him. Such a loyal player and im sure a loyal coach.

But i wouldnt complain about vialli either. Yeah he may be shit recently but with Juve its just so tempting :D And he wants it so much :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Pete, welcome to this place! I'll tell you I don't agree with much you have said however. :)

First of all your choice of defence. I would not touch Bonera, his reputation has been on a constant decline the past two seasons. And rejecting Trabelsi I must object to, I think he's brilliant and would be an improvement on Thuram (!!!), esp as Thuram is 31 now and Trabelsi is 27.

Don't buy Mexes because Blanc is his idol? First of all you should know that Blanc is one of the finest defenders in French history, he is a living legend. A just because he made some mistakes in his twighlight years at ManU (bad career call btw), doesn't diminish that. As such, Mexes is an excellent defender and half of Europe wants him, why do you think he's not good enough?

The midfield is not fine, it's struggling. You want proof? Both Tudor and Legrottaglie have played in midfield this season. Nedved is in decline, Appiah is struggling and Camoranesi's form is a yoyo. Gasba I think would be great, he's in his 3rd season as a pro and he's largely responsible for Palermo's imminent promotion with all his scoring. I'll be very disappointed if we don't bring him back cause he's a top drawer prospect.

great post Martin..

welcome to the forums Pete... :)

i read your post up until you suggested Zaccardo, O'Shea and Bonera while saying Mexes and Trabelsi weren't good enough.

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I am also disturbed by the speculation that we'll be selling to balance the books. What is that about? How did we lose so much money? Why? Maybe we're selling off older expensive stars and replacing them with younger cheaper ones, which is good, but how are we going ot get any with Chelsea buying them all?
    that was exactly what disturbed me the most, that the whole thing
    ended up sounding like we will do this and that just to balance the books!

perhaps I didn't make it clear since the discussion turned out to sell him and that! ;)

alot of loooong posts... kind a late here by now... i'll check them tomorrow and see what you guys are thinking! :D

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

if he wins the ligue 1 this season, and can knock real out.....then we shud go for him ;)
    Totally agree!!!!:cheesy:
    but 1 problem though
    that will definitely make him more sought after
    is he keen on coming here?
    Vialli is also tempting....i read somewhere the reason he's rejecting a manager position for Spurs is that he wanna be a manager in SerieA club especially Juve

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    IMO, he is a good coach who has passion for Juve, since he's played for us before! He was also a member of the CL winning side in 96 and understands that feeling of winning the CL! He would be able to guide us to the CL trophy next season!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    It was anticipated that we will go far in the CL campaign this year- and that has probably contributed to negative surplus.

A logical solution to this situation would be... selling at least one expensive player which didn't perform well this year. But no, they will not sell anybody. Will never sell the players- just pay their salaries and wait until they retire. You've got to be more pragmatic than that.

Deschamps has got to be our next manager. Monaco looks great in all competitions this year. And he does want to come to Torino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)