Juventus' Probable Formation (2 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Di Vaio gets Lippi assurances Monday 9 September, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi has maintained that Marco Di Vaio will not simply be an alternative to David Trezeguet.

The former Parma hitman, 24, was brought in by the Delle Alpi club this summer amidst fears that Trezeguet could need knee surgery.

But Lippi has maintained that the international, who cost £16m and the one year loan sacrifice of midfielder Matteo Brighi to the Gialloblu, is not a back-up striker.

"He is not cover for Trezeguet and he will be very useful for us this season," said the Juve tactician.

"We have an extra quality player this term which we couldn’t count on last year. I will also try playing with a trident strike force with Di Vaio and Alex Del Piero supporting Trezeguet."

Lippi added: "You will see many different types of Juventus this season because I will adapt the system of play in order to compliment the characteristics of the players that I select."

The Delle Alpi outfit now have a number of attacking options with Di Vaio’s late arrival.

Apart from Del Piero and Trezeguet, Lippi can also count on Chilean international Marcelo Salas, plus the Uruguayan duo of Marcelo Zalayeta and Ruben Olivera.

Channel4.com

So seems like Lippi is going to play with Di Vaio, Trez and DP, and will keep Salas has a backup...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
This is good to hear. We will have plenty options in attack,but my main worry is that we will become un-balanced like Milan. I'm not sure how it will work out on the pitch,but playing with DV,Treze,DP and Neddy at the same time leaves us lacking something in midfield. True,Lippi never said anything about Nedved,but surely we can't leave him on the bench. Can we? Our best bets is to play something of this sort :

----------------------------------Buffon
----------Thuram------------------Tudor------------------Montero
--Zambrotta-----------------------------------------------------Pessotto
----------------------------------Davids
---------------------------------------------------------Nedved
--------------------Di Vaio---------------------Del Piero
---------------------------------Trezeguet

Does that lineup look too attacking to you? Well anyways,some people like it that way..hint..hint..*nudges Erik in the side*..:D:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think it looks very interesting.....i would have never thought of it since its not semetric. but i think i like it. u got all juve's best player on the field.

as u said...it looks too offiensive.
another thing about that formation, the right side is too empty. and the midfield is unbalanced...
how does this look?

------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------
----------------Thuram-----------Tudor------------Montero------------
--------------------------Baiocco----------Davids------------------------
----Zambrotta---------------------------------------------Nedved-------
------------------------Di Vaio------------Del Piero----------------------
-----------------------------------Trez---------------------------------------

an alteration to this could be to center Davids and put Baiocco infront of davids so that Baiocco is on the same line as Nedved and Zambrotta.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I expect he must be slower now than he was, say 5 or more years ago
If he is, then so is everyone else, because I can't tell the difference on the tape.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
I don't think it will work like that. I don't know much about Di Vaio's play, but from all those goals he scored last season, he should be playing up front. If they do decide to play all three of DP, Trez(when healthy) and Di Vaio, I'm sure it will be Del Piero in the hole behind Trez and Di Vaio.

Personally, I still think Del Piero's best position is up front, and will work fine with either Di Vaio or Trezeguet.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
-------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------

Thuram-----------Tudor-------------Montero--------Pessotto

------------------------------Davids-------------------------------

Zambrotta-----------------------------------------------Nedved

-----------------------------DelPiero------------------------------

--------------------Trez----------------DiVaio---------------------

-------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------

Thuram------------Tudor------------Montero---------Pessotto

Zambrotta-----------------Davids-----------------------Nedved

-------Divaio----------------Trez--------------DelPiero-----------

either of these will do fine

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
funny he thinks di vaio is better than salas,and juve never did well with 3 strikers anyway.
1st of all,Di Vaio is better than Salas.

True about the 3 strikers thing,it only worked in 95-96 because we had some good individual defenders and a very solid and balanced midfield.

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
I agree but why Lippi enforce it especially for ECL, maybe it would work... the only thing is that with 3 strikers we would need 2x Davids to bully the midfield then our frontline complete the damage.

I think many people are underestimating our defence, Montero's 1 of the best defenders in the Serie A, just age is the only flaw, so is Thuram wherever he plays at the back. That's why I think having youngsters around these players would do us a lot of good in continuity...

I think we're complete up front maybe we should look at our midfield next summer transfers and add some creativity if needed

Jul 12, 2002
1st of all,Di Vaio is better than Salas.

True about the 3 strikers thing,it only worked in 95-96 because we had some good individual defenders and a very solid and balanced midfield.
There is no way that Di vaio is better than Salas.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
who knows? Salas several years ago is better than the current Di Vaio..but do we know what type of form Salas will be on this year, especially after the injury?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
This is good to hear. We will have plenty options in attack,but my main worry is that we will become un-balanced like Milan. I'm not sure how it will work out on the pitch,but playing with DV,Treze,DP and Neddy at the same time leaves us lacking something in midfield. True,Lippi never said anything about Nedved,but surely we can't leave him on the bench. Can we? Our best bets is to play something of this sort :

Does that lineup look too attacking to you? Well anyways,some people like it that way..hint..hint..*nudges Erik in the side*..:D:D
How about this :
---------------------------------Buffon
-----------------------Tudor-----------------Montero
----Thuram-------------------------------------------------------Pessotto
----------------------Tacchinardi--------Davids
-----------------------------------Nedved
---------------Di Vaio------------------------------------Del Piero
----------------------------------Trezeguet

We have a very strong defence and 2 holding midfielders to support the front men. Di Vaio and Del Piero will play a bit wider than usual and Trezeguet will be target man.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001

Me likes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
you know after the game vs atalanta and that solid performance i wish lippi doesn't manipulate the formation much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)