Juventus' Probable Formation (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well, the Dutch have a way of getting youngsters with good potential looking for a chance to make it - and most of them realise that once they can make it in the Dutch league, there's a big chance that they'll be sold to a bigger league.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
But when they come to Italy they are either played out of position or played in systems that they are not suited to , i mean Davids was wasted at Milan, and even at Juve i feel he should be given the chance to boss our midfield instead of the relatively smaller role of left sided midfielder with Tacchi as the general when he is playing

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That's the Italian way of thinking I'm afraid...Davids would have gotten a better, more important role if he were Italian...!

And that's exactly why you won't see talents like Van der Vaart, Van der Meyde etc. come to Italy. They will leave for either England or Spain.

Weela_87

Sep 1, 2002
Well, since the juventu.com site said that zambrotta will may be back in september, my line-ups are!

without any injuries!

--------------------------Buffon-----------------------------
Thuram--------Tudor-----------Montero------Pessotto
--------------------------Davids-----------------------------
---------Zambrotta----------------Nedved----------------
---------Trezeguet---Del Piero-----Di Vaio--------------

with injuries!

---------------------------Buffon-------------------------------
Thuram---------Tudor-----------Montero----------Moretti
-----Camoranesi----Tacchinardi----------Nedved--------
--------------------------Del Piero-----------------------------
----------Salas-------------------------------Di Vaio----------

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Now those are good line-ups! Good to know I'm not virtually the only one who would place Nedved on the left wing and DP behind the strikers!

Weela_87

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Now those are good line-ups! Good to know I'm not virtually the only one who would place Nedved on the left wing and DP behind the strikers!
Even if DP will not play playmaker, than give him as third striker and we will play 4-3-3, like in the season when we won the CL!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Weela_87 ] ++
Well, since the juventu.com site said that zambrotta will may be back in september, my line-ups are!

without any injuries!

with injuries!

---------------------------Buffon-------------------------------
Thuram---------Tudor-----------Montero----------Moretti
-----Camoranesi----Tacchinardi----------Nedved--------
--------------------------Del Piero-----------------------------
----------Salas-------------------------------Di Vaio----------
two problems:

1. Tudor is playing mid-field this year

2. Davids is not injured.

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
The team's good but we all know Lippi's a big fan of Pessotto and Zambrotta so expect them to start. He's also very unpredictable in his selections at times.

I'd say he might just have

Buffon
Juliano Montero
Thuram Pessotto
Tacchinardi
Zambrotta Davids/Baiocco

Nedved
Di Vaio Del Piero

1. Chimenti
2. Moretti
3. Ferrara
4. Davids/Baiocco
5. Salas
6. Zalayeta
7. Zenoni/Camoneresi

I'm almost certain he'l hav a similar line-up and should Tudor be fit he'l be on the bench replacing the last place. Also I think if Pessotto aint fit then Moretti will get the nod. Due to form I think Salas will start on the bench allowing Divaio his debut in bianconeri team.

I'd also like to see Thuram futuring at centre back at times this season so he could prove his worth there...

Jul 12, 2002
A couple points:

1. Camoranesi starts because Zamby is injured.
2. Davids will always start over Baiocco, unless he is injured.
3. Thuram played some center back last year, and was unimpressive. He is a damn good full back, and there is no reason to move him from that position.

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
With the possible departure of Davids don't think so anyways Lippi does not rely much on Dabids anymore, last season for example I's very excited when he came back from his suspension but even later he started a number of games on the bench.

If Zambrotta is injured then maybe Camoneresi but Lippi will probably have only 2 new players in the starting line-up for that game so let's say Di Vaio if fit then either Camoneresi/Baiocco/Moretti.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vuyol ] ++
With the possible departure of Davids don't think so anyways Lippi does not rely much on Dabids anymore, last season for example I's very excited when he came back from his suspension but even later he started a number of games on the bench.

If Zambrotta is injured then maybe Camoneresi but Lippi will probably have only 2 new players in the starting line-up for that game so let's say Di Vaio if fit then either Camoneresi/Baiocco/Moretti.
No, we need a right flank player, and Camoranesi was bought to replace Zamby, he will play. As for Baiocco, he is not nearly as good as Davids, and whether we are relying on Davids or not, he will play over Baiocco.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Weela_87 ] ++

without any injuries!

agreed entirely..thats a team even Real would struggle against

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
As we all know,Juve recently acquired Marco Di Vaio from Parma so I believe Lippi will deploy a 3-4-3 formation.

--------------------------------Buffon
------------Thuram-----------Tudor-----------Montero
-------------------Tacchinardi--------Davids
---Camoranesi-------------------------------------Nedved
--------------------------------Del Piero
-----------------Di Vaio-----------------------Trezeguet

BTW : Del Piero will not play as a playmaker,but as a striker slightly behind Di Vaio and Trezeguet.

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

agreed entirely..thats a team even Real would struggle against
I must agree also that's a very good squad but maybe move Tudor out of defence to midfield with either Iuliano or Ferrara replacin him there

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I prefer Tudor as a defender, besides we would have to remove Davids from the team if Tudor went to midfield.

And removing Davids can only weaken a team IMO

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
he can still contribute, but not as a regular starter, I'm not sure if he is fast and fit enough to perform to his best all the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)