Juventus Primavera 2010-11 (37 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Setanta.com can exclusively confirm that there is English interest in Juventus super-kid Ayub Daud.

The promising playmaker, who hails from Somalia, impressed scouts at a recent youth tournament and Italian newspaper Tuttosport claims Tottenham are leading the chase for his services.

However, the 18-year-old's agent Ulisse Savini has denied the suggestion that he has met with Spurs officials but revealed West Ham have been alerted to his client's potential.

Juventus are reluctant to lose the exciting youngster but his eye-catching displays at the recent Viareggio Cup have created a real buzz across Europe.

Daud scored twice against Siena and also starred in the final, a 4-1 romp against Sampdoria, in front of the watching Marcello Lippi.

His overall contribution was eight goals and two assists in six games and the fact he has yet to sign a professional contract at the Stadio delle Alpi has not gone unnoticed.

"Daud is the number 10 of Primavera Juventus and, last week, was the best player at the Viareggio Cup," agent Savini exclusively told setanta.com.

"After this tournament, a lot of foreign teams like Villarreal, West Ham and Wolfsburg asked for him.

"But, sincerely, I have not spoken with Tottenham. But the newspaper Tuttosport tell me that they have this news about Daud.

"So I can't confirm anything about Tottenham but I can confirm that Daud is a young talent and Juventus don't want to lose him."

West Ham, through Gianfranco Zola (pictured) and Gianluca Nani, obviously keep a very close eye on up-and-coming talent in Italy.
theres the article, man i think daud will be a very important player for us in the future, we should give him some first team in coppa.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
can't blame them for looking elsewhere as none of these kids will ever get a chance to play regularly at Juve

Jul 24, 2006
maybe if iaquinta goes he will move up to the first team as our 4th option..

at worst we could develop west ham as a loan option for our youth players to get foreign experience. the west ham staff are excellent (steve clark was the mastermind behind chelsea's training - hence the reason why avram grant was able to take the team on after mourinho left) and they have an excellent academy: lampard, ferdinand, carrick, joe cole etc..

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
good point...better to load em..they cannot rot in primavera...but the thing is...there are players that can be usefull for juve from summer..i would keep daud and immobile and the rest of the best players can be loaned out.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Having half our primavera starters on our bench gave other kids ze chance ;) Boniperti Jr Jr is usually a Berretta player, he gets called up to ze bigger boys, and immediately scores a hattrick? Nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)