Juventus plan Vieri raid (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Football Italia

Luciano Moggi has hinted that Christian Vieri is a summer target for Juventus in a revealing interview.

The Inter striker has been linked with a return to Turin and the transfer guru seems very keen.

"I’ve always liked Bobo and we all know what he is capable of giving," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Sometimes when you buy a player you are looking for someone who is immediately ready for a great club. Bobo is one of these players."

Vieri could be signed as a replacement for David Trezeguet who is being heavily associated with a summer exit to either Barcelona or Chelsea.

"David wants to go and play in Spain but his father (who is also his agent) is offering him all over the place," continued the director general.

"But there is no certainty that he will leave. What if Chelsea offered us Hernan Crespo and Adrian Mutu in return? I would say no."

The Old Lady of Italian football are also said to be on the verge of signing Under-21 striker Alberto Gilardino from Parma.

"Who doesn’t like Gilardino? He could be an important investment for the future," noted Moggi.

"’He’s had the good fortune of working with a very good Coach. We need to verify whether Juventus would be an ideal situation for him."

Another issue that will need to be resolved is who will be the new boss in Turin as Marcello Lippi has confirmed his departure.

"The new Coach will either be Cesare Prandelli (Parma) or Didier Deschamps (Monaco)," revealed the club official.

"We’ve spoken to both of the men and we will make a decision after May 12.

"The Parma boss works very well with young players and he’s having a fantastic season. Deschamps was already a Coach when he was here as a player."

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
It sounds tempting with Del Piero and Vieri in attack ;), but it would mean that we might miss out on Gilardino and see another team buy him :(. So i still prefer Gila.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
i think moggi wants both Vieri & Gilardino, since vieri is injured for 50% of the season normally that gilardino will still get to play alot. AND most importantly gila will learn from the best before taking over.

this all sounds too good to me :)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
yes, but its gonna be real expensive!, especially for a lazy old injury prone like Vieri!, i wonder how much he has costed the society, since the insurrance companies pay the teams when they are injuried.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
yes, but its gonna be real expensive!, especially for a lazy old injury prone like Vieri!, i wonder how much he has costed the society, since the insurrance companies pay the teams when they are injuried.
not half as much as they pay for Del Piero. ;)

Vieri is almost 31. no thanks.
besides... We've already had Vieri once.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
1. I very much welcome our interest in Vieri. Excellent replacement for Trezeguet... Vieri will show very high quality football for at least another two years.

2. I am glad Moggi will not accept neither Crespo nor Mutu.

3. I am happy to see that Moggi considers Gilardino to be top priority.

4. I am glad that the "new coach waitlist" is limited only to Prandelli and Deschamps

Good job so far, Moggi... hurry up and select the new coach so you guys can start putting a team together.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    yes, it could be a straight swap with di vaio...and vieri is better than di vaio ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    How about Vieri and Gila in, Trez and DV out? :extatic::drool: And Moggi has confirmed that it's either gonna be Deschamps or Prandelli and that Trez wants to leave! Brilliant! It looks like we'll be seeing a whole new Juve next season.

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    How about Vieri and Gila in, Trez and DV out? :extatic::drool: And Moggi has confirmed that it's either gonna be Deschamps or Prandelli and that Trez wants to leave! Brilliant! It looks like we'll be seeing a whole new Juve next season.
    agreed with you Stu ;)

that's what i was wanting all the time :thumb:.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I actually think that Di Vaio is a good striker and worth keeping, but if we can get Vieri in a straight swap for him I'd definitely go for it, regardless of Vieri's age. Plus, he'll help Gila settle in by easing the pressure off him.

Aug 1, 2003
    No way. Cmon you can't really risk some players who already had only ONE real good season to replace a proven player like Trez. TOO BIG OF A RISK. Legro and Appiah were bought after one real good season and SUDDENLY they were given the job as a first stringer, main player and look how they've dealt with it. Gilardino is talented good player yes but to buy him to replace Trez straightaway IMO is wrong

And no Vieri thanks. A goalscoring machine no doubt but we should opt for others.

Aug 26, 2003
    as much i like vieri i don't want him back at Juve!!!

When Trez leaves and it is very sure than lets take Gilardino he is young and talented!

Vieri is already 30 years old and very expensive before buying Vieri keep Trez!!!

And then again do we want to bench players like Micco and di Vaio all the time?

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    DelPiero+Vieri= LOTS OF GOALS
    And if Gila comes here too... he will defintely learn something.

Didier Deschamps is the best coach in the world right now!

That's that... now let's here about our defense and midfield.

so far so good........................................................

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    as much i like vieri i don't want him back at Juve!!!

When Trez leaves and it is very sure than lets take Gilardino he is young and talented!

Vieri is already 30 years old and very expensive before buying Vieri keep Trez!!!

And then again do we want to bench players like Micco and di Vaio all the time?
    Gilardino and Vieri deals are not related to one another, the former being a top priority.

Trezeguet (27), on the other hand, is just three years younger than Vieri. Inter realizes that Vieri is not 17, so his transfer price should not be too high. Furthemore, there's been rumors about Vieri-Di Vaio swap.

We will not have to bench Miccoli all the time- Vieri will pick up his injury very soon!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I like Vieri, but still no...

DP+Gila+Micco+DV works just fine, Benjamin as fifth forward and Cavenaghi on loan to Parma or somewhere...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
    I like Vieri, but still no...

DP+Gila+Micco+DV works just fine, Benjamin as fifth forward and Cavenaghi on loan to Parma or somewhere...
    :LOL: like we would buy Cavenaghi and Gilardino...That's a dream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)