Juventus plan Vieri raid (1 Viewer)

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #224
    Trez steps out for Vieri

David Trezeguet has again warned he wants Barcelona and it’s reported his replacement at the Delle Alpi will be Christian Vieri.

“I cannot wait to sign for Barcelona,” the Frenchman is quoted as saying in Spanish newspaper ‘El Mundo Deportivo’. “I dream of getting the 100,000 fans of the Nou Camp on their feet and the club has an ambitious project.”

This is certainly not the first time that the former Monaco striker has been linked to Barca and earlier this week had had rallied against his current club.

“Juventus will want to earn as much as possible from my sale,” he warned. “I’d like the deal to be concluded before Euro 2004 and the delay was due to the question marks over the new Coach.”

Now that Fabio Capello has been confirmed in charge of the Bianconeri, Trezeguet’s departure should rise to the top of the agenda.

Juve must now build the team to suit Capello’s tactics and that includes the need for a large front man. It’s strongly reported that his first choice would be Christian Vieri, who has been embroiled in a series of bitter rows with Inter Coach Alberto Zaccheroni.

The Nerazzurri could be tempted into a sale if Italian international Marco Di Vaio were to be included in the switch.

If Capello were unable to bring in Vieri, then his second option would be Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Ajax – a player he already tried to sign as Coach of Roma.

==========

source : Football Italia.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I dunno. But Trez seems to be in a real hurry to get out. What happd to all those promises of being there for a long time and winning trophies with Juve?
    I guess hes seen all he wanted with Juve.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Capello might be one of the only Italian managers who can possibly handle Vieri's regular hissy fits. That said, I am not so sure on us signing him ... and I would actually rather see us sign in some youth potential in attack (Gila or even Cheva).

But if we do land Vieri, why stop there and why not secure the entire Azzurri midfield for that matter. ;)

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Capello might be one of the only Italian managers who can possibly handle Vieri's regular hissy fits. That said, I am not so sure on us signing him ... and I would actually rather see us sign in some youth potential in attack (Gila or even Cheva).

But if we do land Vieri, why stop there and why not secure the entire Azzurri midfield for that matter. ;)
    the azzurri midfield is their weakest point. we should get the azzurri defence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)