Juventus - Notts County (2 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
any of you been following the notts county facebook group? every game they cheer us on and likewise with them :)

i remember i saw a father and son notts county fan when we were in the emirates cup few years back, i was very touched by how they travelled over 150 miles to london just to watch Juve play, i had to have a picture with them of this historic moment :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Let me explain further.

Notts County's nickname is The Magpies. The (Eurasian) magpie is a mostly black and white bird found in Britain, as well as other parts of Europe and Asia. The bird has a lot of folklore attached to it. Newcastle United are also called The Magpies.

Notts' chant is 'You Pies!', which is basically a shortened version of 'Come On You Magpies!'. It is their equivalent of 'Forza Juve!'. So they were not calling us 'Pies', that is their chant.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
any of you been following the notts county facebook group? every game they cheer us on and likewise with them :)

i remember i saw a father and son notts county fan when we were in the emirates cup few years back, i was very touched by how they travelled over 150 miles to london just to watch Juve play, i had to have a picture with them of this historic moment :)
They live vicariously thru us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)