Juventus Next Gen (23 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
1-1 away to Pro Sesto today.

Dabo played his second game behind the strikers. Shows how far Marques is down the list as Dabo was subbed off and 17 year old giant Leonardo Cerri (good young player) came on instead. The kid then went and scored the equaliser :clap:

Brighenti still sucks @U Picciriddu
We are swapping Tongya for a winger from Marseille? Marley Ake?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We are swapping Tongya for a winger from Marseille? Marley Ake?
Damn, I like Tongya as well. I've not seen Ake but he has first team minutes.

Tbh Tongya may well have had first team minutes for Marseille by now, the French clubs blood players much sooner. You know Ake will just go to U23.

Tongya is from Turin so I was kind of hoping he'd make it, but I suspect his skill may be superior to his end product. Kind of got that feeling with him, but wanted to see what he could do here.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Damn, I like Tongya as well. I've not seen Ake but he has first team minutes.

Tbh Tongya may well have had first team minutes for Marseille by now, the French clubs blood players much sooner. You know Ake will just go to U23.

Tongya is from Turin so I was kind of hoping he'd make it, but I suspect his skill may be superior to his end product. Kind of got that feeling with him, but wanted to see what he could do here.
Yeah IIRC Tongya was a really good prospect, sort of irks me getting rid of young Italian players with potential.

They say he was out of contract? Maybe didn't want to re-sign? Apparently Marseille fans aren't happy about losing Ake though

Last edited:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I would bring Correia with the big club. He can replace Berna and we wouldn't even see the difference. Well, I thinkhe'd be better. Use him also as Morata's backup. I think he could do the job and we'd save some money.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Never seen Tongya but he looks great in football manager. :D Seems like if he wasn't ours, we would be bidding on him right now. Why? Because we stock up but then let it burn or sell for plusvenza. Then again, never seen the dude so no real reason for me to fume.
And I agree with @Mark . Berna offers workrate but we'd be better off with anyone else there. I'd even prefer Frabotta as LM/LW instead. Or. Basically anyone else. Even Bonucci would offer more by offering someone to target like Mandzu did. At least Bonucci would offer something useful then.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Tongya has been whatever in the games I’ve watched, but he’s still young so who knows. Never seen Aké, but it seems his primary flank is the same as Correia. Wonder if a promotion is coming for Felix.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Strange according to Marseille fans (who tend to overated their players) he is a very average player despite low competition (benedetto, germain, radonjic, thauvin).
If you're looking at the same forum I did then they are massively overrating Tongya, who I bet most have not even seen play.

They really are a deluded bunch on there in general.

Jun 16, 2020
Ive seen Tongya playing a lot and even tho I never considered him as one of our biggest talents, I can’t deny that I’m quite surprised. He’s a jack of all trades, master of none. Can play in every attacking role but didn’t find his best position yet (probably RW), he can finish but doesn’t create or dribble a lot (well he tries but not as successful as Correia). And his finishing is good- but not great.

But considering he’s a regular starter for Italy’s youth teams and from Turin I didn’t expected us swapping him. He’s better than Sekulov for example.

We’ve been spot on with our scouting so I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, but this one smells like plusvalenza.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)