Juventus Management Should Do THIS! (1 Viewer)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
As Serie A loses popularity it is getting harder and harder to see televised games of Juventus outside of Italy. Juventus management have been complaining about their disproportionate share of TV rights.

It means that Juve fans are left with trying to fish around the web looking for streams. Sometimes they work well, other times they are highly unreliable and by the time you find something remotely watchable, you have missed a lot of the game.

Here in HK, we get only 2-3 Serie A games shown a weekend for a cable subscriber.

Solution? Why don't Juve offer a streaming channel to be paid monthly by subscribers?!!! I would gladly pay $20 a month for such a service to get a reliable high quality stream - they could rent the server space from Google or whoever and make a big margin.

The fan base for this club is pretty high globally. I am not sure how this would work when it comes to TV rights.....but the way I think about it is.....I am paying $60 a month for my cable here in HK. Most of the value in that would be EPL rights. Serie A would get $5 if they are lucky. But I would so opt for this service.

If they are looking for ways to generate more revenue, this could be the way to go. They could also have advertising at half time, and banner ads occasionally at the base of the screen to generate additional income.

I really wish they did something like this as I am finding it increasingly frustrating to fish for reliable streams every weekend!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    The thing that gets me the most is.....there is money not being earned here. So even if you live in OZ for example.....Foxtel would not be showing a game. So you go on the web trying to find a stream. You pay nothing, the league gets nothing, the club gets nothing and the customer is frustrated. They should at least allow the stream to go to your IP address on the basis that the game is not being televised in your country for a fee.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    It would be amazing if One HD showed all Juve games live. They don't show any games live now I believe. All delayed matches at 6am on a Tuesday and a highlights show 6am on a Saturday morning I think.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I don't think they can though. Its all about rights and there are many broadcasting channels that have payed a fortune to own the right of Serie A in that country so I don't really think they'd love the fact that the clubs themselves sell their games as well.

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
    Last season in Slovenia we had 36 of 38 Juve matches live on tv. :klin:

But this season just 2/4 for now. At least match against Milan is live again. :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    As long as RAI have a stranglehold on the Serie A rights here in Aus, I don't expect the situation to change at all. Will just have to put up with the crummy picture and sound quality all the time.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    As long as RAI have a stranglehold on the Serie A rights here in Aus, I don't expect the situation to change at all. Will just have to put up with the crummy picture and sound quality all the time.
    How do you get RAI and what is the cheapest option? Because Foxtel is a fucking waste of money and my parents would never get it anyway...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I get it through Foxtel. It's a fucking rip off as well. You might be able to get it off some dodgy satellite or something but I'm not sure.
    Looks like I'll just have to continue streaming until something better comes along. Hopefully that new national broadband network is done soon :boh: so the internet can actually be fast enough to watch streams of decent quality.

OP
    Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    While we are on this topic, is there a CONSISTENTLY reliable streaming source that doesn't get shut down? I assume the answer is no....but I am all ears here......i was tearing my hair out trying to find a good stream for the catania game.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Italian football has a lot of issues that have lead to this problem. The overarching problem is poor infrastructure. Teams need to begin improving their stadiums and attracting larger crowds then we would see improvement in these sorts of areas with long time lags of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)