Juventus Management Should Do THIS! (1 Viewer)

OP
Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    The only way you can guarantee yourself a good stream would be to subscribe to Italian cable in someones house in Italy and buy a slingbox. That is a massive pain in the ass but the only way you could actually guarantee watching the matches.

I just can't get over the money lost here. Currently its a lose lose for us. We don't get to watch the games (aside from watching dodgy streams), we don't pay anything for it so the league and clubs get nothing for it. Surely, there has to be a value added service that allows you to pay for a high quality stream for matches not being broadcast in your country. That would be a win win for everyone surely.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    This is amazing....lets do the numbers........

Lets assume that there are 500,000 people worldwide that want to watch Juventus matches but cannot because the local broadcaster doesn't show the games. If you charge $20 per month in a season to have the matches that are not broadcast locally to be streamed to the account holder.......season is 8 months long....so thats $160 per subscriber over a season. 500,000 people equates to $80m in additional revenue. To put that into perspective, that is way more revenue than what Juve gets from its season ticket holders.

As long as the games being streamed DO NOT include the games being broadcast locally, then I don't see how this should affect the cable operators or Serie A because its revenue that was not earned previously.

Explain how this wouldn't make business sense.

OP
    Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    In order to justify the cost, Juventus could also include other programming in the deal including on-demand historical matches, interviews, shows etc.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I doubt there would be 500,000 people that would pay to watch Juve games online, maybe on their TV but not on the internet. Most people are content getting everything on the internet for free. It'd be a max of 50,000-200,0000 (outside of Italy) and I imagine it would cost around $15 a month. Still a decent profit though. But I would pay that if it meant perfect streams (well at least 98% of the time) with good quality that don't lag or crash halfway through a game.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I can't complain. I get Serie A, The Premier League, La Liga, The Bundesliga, Champions League (4 games per matchday), NFL, UFC, and other various sports (Rugby World Cup, Fifa U-20 Youth Tournament, Asian
    Champions League). In addition, I also have BBC World News, Animax, tons of movie channels, and all this for
    around $70 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)