Juventus Management Should Do THIS! (1 Viewer)

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
It's pretty shitty in Singapore too. With the focus on BPL, Serie A nv get a chance to be aired. Unless I sign up for some rip off package that doesn't give the 100% live matches for Juventus. Hence, it is always a frantic search for streams every matchday. I really thank some members here for sharing the streams.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
As long as RAI have a stranglehold on the Serie A rights here in Aus, I don't expect the situation to change at all. Will just have to put up with the crummy picture and sound quality all the time.
Rai showing games doesn't effect any other station broadcasting it, their feed goes all over the world expect Asia and they have a separate TV deal

last year Sentana brought the rights for Serie A, and they still own the rights but are not showing it just like One HD. We will have to wait until that contact expires so ESPN can get it back.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I would suspect there are a few entanglements that prevent this. One would be the collective bargaining rights of Serie A clubs. If Milan, Inter, and Juve went off and did their own revenue streams for streaming video, the teams they play would also want their cut of the proceeds even if their fan base is just Lecce.

Then throw in international agreements.... Serie A strikes exclusive distribution rights in each country, and if some Internet streaming service found a way to bypass them the exclusivity would be falsely advertised to those other broadcasters who paid for the rights.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
As Serie A loses popularity it is getting harder and harder to see televised games of Juventus outside of Italy. Juventus management have been complaining about their disproportionate share of TV rights.

It means that Juve fans are left with trying to fish around the web looking for streams. Sometimes they work well, other times they are highly unreliable and by the time you find something remotely watchable, you have missed a lot of the game.

Here in HK, we get only 2-3 Serie A games shown a weekend for a cable subscriber.

Solution? Why don't Juve offer a streaming channel to be paid monthly by subscribers?!!! I would gladly pay $20 a month for such a service to get a reliable high quality stream - they could rent the server space from Google or whoever and make a big margin.

The fan base for this club is pretty high globally. I am not sure how this would work when it comes to TV rights.....but the way I think about it is.....I am paying $60 a month for my cable here in HK. Most of the value in that would be EPL rights. Serie A would get $5 if they are lucky. But I would so opt for this service.

If they are looking for ways to generate more revenue, this could be the way to go. They could also have advertising at half time, and banner ads occasionally at the base of the screen to generate additional income.

I really wish they did something like this as I am finding it increasingly frustrating to fish for reliable streams every weekend!
Me too! ESPN prefers to show milanisti m*rda to Juve. Juventus have their own channel. Why don't they widen the catchment area so that we can watch our favourite team in other countries on TV. The idea of streams is good too; I just prefer seeing it on TV. I hate having to 'hunt for a good stream' before every match.

Perhaps we should send them our suggestion?

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Off the top of my head, NBA League Pass and MLB.tv offer this, although I'm not sure if latter is available outside of the U.S.

I agree with swag on the potential for conflicts here. Although this might not be the case for all countries. Bypassing the broadcasters and offering the service over the net would not be an issue in many countries since these same broadcasters are usually large media companies with interest in radio and internet as well. If they are not, there is nothing stopping them from buying the rights and offering them over the net as well. ESPN does this in the U.S, offering some of their programming on the XBOX 360.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
I refuse to pay for Rai anymore, costs far too much for shit quality.
I agree. I think last year I watched about 3 games in quality HD. After fishing for streams and watching SD broadcasts I'd gladly spend 20 bucks a month to watch Juve games in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)