Juventus Looking For Premiership Partnership (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ME. Spanish football is shit. Not a big premiership fan either like.

For real entertainment watch the Scottish Premier League and see how two teams can play each other for 90mins without completing more than two passes in a row.
no offence but i agreed up to the bit u said 'for real entertainment watch the spl' its such a polarised league which is dominated by either rangers or celtic

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
ME. Spanish football is shit. Not a big premiership fan either like.

For real entertainment watch the Scottish Premier League and see how two teams can play each other for 90mins without completing more than two passes in a row.
im not a huge fan of both leagues but if i had to chose id go for the spanish league.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
no offence but i agreed up to the bit u said 'for real entertainment watch the spl' its such a polarised league which is dominated by either rangers or celtic
There was quite a large dose of sarcasm in my comment.

It is not just the fact that the rest of the league can't compete with the Bigot Brothers, it is also that the standard of football is shite that makes it unwatchable if you aren't emotionally attached to a team in the league.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
like it or not .. strategically english team partnership is the best.
having said that we should also invest on partnerships in France and holland ( they have the best youngster schools) also south America

i don't think spain is a very good choice, they are not strong financially (excluding real,barca and valancia) and they rely completely on their south American partnerships

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
A Bolton partnership would suck...all our youngsters would learn is to kick the ball over everything to the strikers and to hunker down for 85+ minutes. Reading might be nice though. Either way, the football is so different in England that a loan out there just gets them experience and playing time, not so much skills/tactics that are useful in Italy. Look at Sheva and how well he's adapting.

I think what we SHOULD do is acquire some young British players, loan them out to Serie B or let them play in the Primavera, and then sell them back to Premiership teams for $$$$$$. There is like a 25% added market value in the EPL for British players. :D

Jul 23, 2006
A Bolton partnership would suck...all our youngsters would learn is to kick the ball over everything to the strikers and to hunker down for 85+ minutes. Reading might be nice though. Either way, the football is so different in England that a loan out there just gets them experience and playing time, not so much skills/tactics that are useful in Italy. Look at Sheva and how well he's adapting.

I think what we SHOULD do is acquire some young British players, loan them out to Serie B or let them play in the Primavera, and then sell them back to Premiership teams for $$$$$$. There is like a 25% added market value in the EPL for British players. :D
Word!

Another thing Juve should consider is the fact that Bolton is doing well and they would rarely play Juve's on-loan players

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i really dont see the benefit in this, there r completely two different playing styles in Italy and England. So wat would we benefit if we send our young players there ?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

While I don't think Bolton are a particularly good option, it has to be said that they play FAR better football now than they did a couple of years ago.

Silvers

Sep 3, 2006
Non-English Juve fans really need to get over the petty hate of everything English football related... its because of an English Juventus player that we are the bianconeri in the first place! We'd still be wearing pink, looking like little girls if it wasn't for John Savage.

Anyway, Italian players seem to do quite well in England... (see: Zola, Dalla Bona, Di Canio, etc). This could be a good move, I'd like to see De Ceglie do a little spell at a place like Bolton (or somewhere like that) next season on loan.

Silvers

Sep 3, 2006
Yea, try telling that to Italian Juve fans. :rolleyes: I wish you all the best....

Well I'm part Italian myself, but it still seems silly to me. I mean we had English connections before heysell, and even Drughi take their name from an English movie, written by an Englishman.

Personally I'm hopping we get a high key English player this transfer period (Gerrard or Lampard) and then that sentiment might disappear.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Well I'm part Italian myself, but it still seems silly to me. I mean we had English connections before heysell, and even Drughi take their name from an English movie, written by an Englishman.

Personally I'm hopping we get a high key English player this transfer period (Gerrard or Lampard) and then that sentiment might disappear.
:tup: exactly mate, but you cant talk to people who are not interested in listening.

i dont understand the whole anti-english thing that goes around this forum, players that shine in the premiership, which is the league with the most quality at the moment and that is unquestionable are frowned upon and labeled as crap just because they play in england. in some members eyes apparently the worlds best player C.Ronaldo does not have what it takes to cut it in italy :disagree:

the history of italian football is fundamentally engligh, ac milan were set up by english people, notice its called ac milan and not ac milano and juventus have huge connections with england, we took our kits from notts county who in my opinion we should connect with, just out of a sign of respect, so to say that we dont want english connections is disrespectful to the history of our brilliant football club not to mention pathetic and narrow minded

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Non-English Juve fans really need to get over the petty hate of everything English football related...

Bingo. The EPL has gone a long way but all the old stereotypes still remain, it's quite sad I agree.

+rep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)